Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

Update on February 24th? I missed that.

But how would first know Vyde is not powerful than him? Nothing in the game indicated that First had this knowledge.

And even if he knew shut Vyde, there is no option to be angry at him, I would hate anyone who attacked me. I would never go back to Vyde’s tower after this.

If I liked someone and this person attacked me, my opinion would change immediately.

Yay! Story time story time!

In all seriousness, though, I think giving some background knowledge and context would do your story wonders. It would help us as the readers understand what exactly happened between Vyde & co. and Kreagan, which I feel is a bit understated at the moment.

You could also easily work the response into the story later on. (My First is so very innocent, they won’t know better should they ask Vyde about this later.)

2 Likes

Yeah. Vyde smacking my First made me wanna flatten him like Molly.

Getting blasted away by Vyde did seem a bit weird, but I was fine because he did in fact tell my MC he would do that if they didn’t get dressed somewhere more appropriate. My MC just didn’t listen, so they’re partly at fault.

Perhaps a bit overkill to be considered a “spanking” though. More like a “punch to the rib.”

Although it’s not like First got hurt. I do feel sorry for the store which will now have to shut down for repair.

6 Likes

If you’re worried about hitting him back you’ll get the chance remember I haven’t finished writing past that exact point in Vyde’s section for those of worried you don’t get the chance. I just haven’t gotten their yet. But he did warn you. And that was a light jab Vyde gave you.

And yes I’ll be giving some historical context are some point. Though I was kinda building up Vyde’s rep yknow how everyone says this guy’s a legend but you just don’t see it… and then you learn the hard way.

Though that section is new so it may need some cleaning up and I’m not finished that part quite yet.

8 Likes

Indeed a spanking on the other hand would have been friggin’ hilarious.

3 Likes

Though I imagine some readers would take that personally

Well troublemaker First does behave a bit like a naughty brat there. :wink:
Of course educators these days are firmly against those sorts of corrections, on the other hand neither Vy nor First are children, so…

2 Likes

It’s been less than 24h that they know each other, if someone that I barely know physically assaulted me, I would take it personally.

1 Like

But consider the other side of the argument. In the course of those 24 hours he’s provided food shelter clothes kindness and he asks you to consider covering up for the sake of other people and warns that he’s going to do something about it. It’s not like he did it without warning.

Not to mention with First’s powers set how are you going to impose any sort of discipline to someone being a bit of a brat when they are nigh invulnerable.

There is logic in there.

11 Likes

The operative part for me, and my First. Considering how much quality leather clothing costs (particularly when it includes snakeskin and alligator and such too), Vy providing a whole basic wardrobe of them makes him pretty okay in my book. Of course my mc also more or less chose to flirt (or play with) the guy every opportunity he’s presented thus far, so it eventually getting physical is logical.

On the other hand I meant what I said a whole while back now about my First probably not wanting to destroy his nice, new and expensive clothes with hero business whenever he can prevent it, so at some point he’ll probably need to see Vail about some (nigh) indestructible undies as well.

4 Likes

I just imagined First, who is still naked, getting back up and trying to hit Vyde.

It’s quite a funny and somewhat nonthreatening image.

Agreed.

A little modesty is the least you can do as a show of gratitude.

My troublemaker First might try to tempt fate and shortly learn his lesson though. My earnest First will be more compliant.

9 Likes

A normally Misleading image mind you…Keyword normally

2 Likes

Just played through the update for the first time. I am in love with Silic’s character, they’re just so entertaining to read. The fact that they love First’s natural white hair is also an added bonus. The obstical course was amazing to, i like how you added in an opportunity for another stat boost. In my First’s case his top three are agility, speed, and control. Stamina and strength get some boosts to and grit is my designated “dump stat” :grin:. Keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to learning more about the world building aspect of things :blush:.

4 Likes

In the last 19 years, KRV provided food, clothes and shelter and I don’t think First is grateful to them. Giving all those things, don’t give him the right to assault first.
And I doubt that First knows why undressing in public is bad. He grew in a lab, incarcerated and never interacted with anyone besides KRC staff. Did Vyde ever tried to explain to First? No, he just threatened First and if First didn’t obeyed him, he just zapped First, just like KRV did with First.

So I think this scene is bad, especially because First do nothing about being assaulted.

@Urban I think it has to do with First’s intelligence. When you first meet/see him First has a thought that something about him has them on edge more so than Silic. They’ve also seen him in action against 3 swigs and know he has enough power to supply an entire city. Given all that it’s not entirely unreasonable for First to think things through before trying to swing at him, even if they’re reckless. Plus the two are in the middle of a clothing store and i don’t think First wants to damage the place to bad.

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying but First DOES know not to be naked in front of people.

At the part where the two doctors fight before First goes on ice if you go get the guard there’s a part about the guard telling them to put clothes on and First thinking it’s silly to be modest since most people in the lab have see them naked. First does know that they’re supposed to wear clothes around people.

Maybe First doesn’t know WHY it’s bad but they do know its bad

6 Likes

I feel like an actual spanking would’ve been worse, honestly. I mean, personally, as a grown adult, I would much rather be launched across a store like a hockey puck (provided it’s guaranteed that I don’t get hurt) than have some dude put me over his knee in a crowded public place.

One is basically just property damage (that would’ve been paid for, anyway) and the other is severely humiliating.

On a similar note: I’d really love for that to be a kind of starting point for the relationship between Vyde and First (not necessarily romantic, of course) because I’d imagine it would be nice for Vyde to have someone to spend time with that didn’t require him to be as cautious as he is around mostly everyone else. I can’t imagine there are many people who can take a hit like that from Vyde and walk away without a scratch. Not to mention that that’d be nice for First, too because the forced caution they have to put up around everything is something they have in common.

Also, sidenote: First was actually doing something illegal, so.

5 Likes

But First is nothing getting naked for the sake of getting naked, he was going to change his clothes, how he can know he need to go to the prover to change his clothes?

@Elysium and First fought against them too, he fought against several military equipments and won, and if Vyde doesn’t care for what happens to the store, why should First care? And why he would go back with the guy that zapped him? A guy he barely knows.