Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

Aww…Oh well. Thanks

Worry not I shall get passed the shopping but if I don’t close this gap now it’ll haunt me.

5 Likes

Ghost bunny! ooooooohhhooooo…Haunting you would be bad we will just have to sic silic of them.

The thought occurred to me that if First didn’t panic he could have simply walked under water to the edge of the pool and then climbed out. He didn’t need to swim, just to get out or his head above water before he ran out of air.

3 Likes

The problem with First swimming is they don’t have the surface area on the hands/feet to support the body mass, they’d need to move their hands like a hummingbird just to float. Humans can stay afloat on their backs only cause our chest cavity is ful of air and counters our body mass. Get in a pool, lay on your back and breathe out as much as possible. You’ll sink. Glub glub

9 Likes

Apparently a lot of bulldogs have the same problem - my uncle tried to teach his to swim way back in the day and poor baby swam out to the middle and then just sank five feet to the bottom of the dam (nobody panic: the dog was rescued).

4 Likes

A better question is why did they use a pool that was 30 feet deep to start with? It’s possible it didn’t have a shallow end, which is somewhat okay because it is a testing lab. But they extreme depth was silly, unless they expected First to be over 10ft tall. They also didn’t have any of the rescue divers already in the water, which is a pretty basic safety measure for something like this, not to mention none of them were implied to have spare oxygen tanks in case there was an emergency and they knew they would have trouble lifting him out (it’s implied he is heavier than normal).

Considering how important First is, it seems odd they didn’t go with many safety precautions.

1 Like

What’s under Tens mask. The only piece of headgear I’ve wanted to see underneath since Double D

1 Like

Consider when you build a facility and you only have one pool you want to build it deep enough to accommodate all needs.

And there were divers but you must also consider First from many angles. They are heavy and have you every tried to lift something heavy out of the water or swim with it. Second First panicked and they are immensely strong so if they got hold of a diver their boned would crunch like squeezing a handful of chips. You must consider the staff’s safety as well as the subject’s and safer to let First pass out and then pull out a resuscitate them. And did I mention it may have been the point to test a variety of factors one being First’s ability or inability to swim the effects of water drowning and methods of resuscitation. Gotta remember these people aren’t moral and are definitely working illegally so some of these tests would risk the subject in dangerous ways.

13 Likes

So this is like when they shot First with a gun? I thought they were just teaching baby First to swim (in an extremely negligent way, mind you) but oh my god how terrible of them :anguished:

5 Likes

Poor cute First. :cry:

5 Likes

But the divers went in when First was in the process of drowning, instead of when he blacked out. The text even mentions First grasping for the breathing hoses…tubes…whatever the connectors on SCUBA gear is called.

3 Likes

Now you’re just trying to poke holes. Lol

3 Likes

Really cause crushing a diver would be a great way to increase my First’s kill-or-be-killed stat… I’d do it. “Gimme that breather!!!”

2 Likes

Stop bothering my bunny pet!!! Now, lets all just calm down and relax in this pool of lava. -points at said pool-

before a click on the link, how big was the 15th Jan update?

Just added some more stuff to the obstacle course

4 Likes

So just out of curiosity, I decided to play the Lithe male with a good trust level with Ten as a Earnest person with a Sarcastic streak. And once the Whole ‘change-clothes in public’ thing happens, Ten calls my Lithe Male First ‘sweet cheeks’ after making a comment about his boyish charms (guess he’s more willing to admit he finds Lithe First charming when he’s not being teased) and saying he’d join him if he could.

…And all I could think of at the moment was that Fairly Oddparent joke :laughing::

Giant Crab: Let me pinch those chubby cheeks of yours! :grin:

Timmy: I hope she means my face. :fearful:

And it’s follow up:

Timmy I wish for cheeks of steel! :grinning:

Wanda: I hope you mean your face. :fearful:

11 Likes

First has cheeks of steel!

4 Likes

Surely you mean :rabbit2: buns of steel :rabbit:

Yeah, I know I took all the subtlety away, I’ma live with it.

3 Likes