Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

One thing I did like about Geo was that he was the only guy (other than Vyde) who had a preference for other guys, while all of the others (Ten, Nyoka, Moleculo, Charley) preferred girls. I know these are just “preferences” rather than definite sexualities, but it still seems a shame to lose one of the only gay-leaning guys. And while there’s certainly nothing wrong with being an effeminate guy, the idea that the only remaining gay-leaning guy would also be the most effeminate guy in the cast does strike me as a little problematic.

I still can’t see Silic as likeable… :confused:

3 Likes

Here we are at odds - Sillic is an ultimate frienenemy … i love his character development and want to see the relationship (whatever it might be) evolve over the entire story.

8 Likes

I mean, I don’t think he’s an uninteresting character, but that’s different to his actual likeability.

1 Like

I thought Vyde was non binary.

I wonder whats for breakfast today… another 5 plates of Pancakes?

Quality always is good to have over quantity
Sucks to loose Silic but oh well
CSIDE …That’s the programming thing right?

It is, I’m going to try and use it for mine.

So it has all of these features which seems really convenient.

2 Likes

I second this, though my main mc will still go for Vy.

He always seemed male to me and I think in his backstory he worked as a male model, perhaps an androgynous one but a male model nonetheless, but if that’s true than it would be a double shame to lose Geo and be left with only bi guys who prefer girls.

3 Likes

And now we see my dilemma
Been fighting with this for awhile.

Vyde does identify as male.
Silic is whatever it wants to be.
Didn’t I make Moleculo gay? Or did I fudge something?
Charley is actually trans male by the by.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say “lose”

1 Like

Not according to the preferences you posted in October (here?); the characters with a preference for male are: Vyde, Hightide, Lollipop, Empathy (although she also has preference for female), Geo, and Vaihl. Moleculo has a preference for female and non-binary characters. I mean, obviously it’s been a while, so you could have changed it, but I don’t recall any mention (I spend too much time obsessing over these sorts of things… :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

No worries.
I forget to. And I’ve been marinating on the romance story arcs.
Moleculos being an identity crisis of sorts.

2 Likes

On that note
I do plan on having side stories devoted to each romance option as well as the three ‘faction’ arcs that weave together the main story.

So I’m only pulling two of those arcs.
This Poll should help with the silent majority

• I want Silic
  • i want Geo
  • I want Hightide
  • I want lollipop
  • I want Morrigan
  • make Jishaku available!!

0 voters

7 Likes

I hope you keep Morrigan, there are only two female RO for now (Empathy and Vaihl).

Actually, Vaihl has preferences for female.

but shes bi? is the only ro i like in the game…

IIRC all RO can be romanced by any gender, but they have preferences.

1 Like

Yep everyone can be romances by anyone but it’s a matter of how easily.

Just like in real life. Sometime we love the way they look but not their actions oe personality vice versa.

Lollipop for example is very pretty and some times fun. But she is manipulative to the extreme.

2 Likes

“Make Jishaku available”…hey @Curious_Boy isn’t this of interest to you? Or maybe Snoe is just teasing us all :thinking:… (I mean it’s very unlikely that he will get many votes and all)
And what about his wife? Oh my god does that mean First would be a homewrecker? :scream:

4 Likes

Hey do u still remember the scene i suggested where first gets vulnerable and stuff and everyone gets to see it?

It would be awesome if my First ends up out-manipulating the master-manipulator … just saying. :gift_heart:

2 Likes