Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

How powerful is First compared to the others,and is it possible to become evil in this??

I’ve just finished a playthrough and just couldn’t resist drawing (earnest+optimist= cupcake) First, literally the most adorable character I’ve read so far in this game including Empathy XD Hope you don’t mind a sudden random drawing (;゚∀゚)=3ハァ

Name: Mia
Sex: Female
Personality: Earnest, optimist, proud, cautious, life is precious
Body type/Movement: Lithe/Instinctual
Clothes: Creative&fun
She like frogs and other great hoppers and has absolute 0 problem showing off skin ( ゚ヮ゚)b

Thank you for this enjoyable game and I can’t wait for more shopping scenes! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

61 Likes

Oh eem Gee! EPIC! You have leet skills! <3

7 Likes

Thank yoouuu (✿´ ꒳ ` ) It’s just so fun to draw characters ;D

3 Likes

@Eggpop I really like your interpretation of First, she’s so cute! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just squealed on how cute Mia is !!! :smile:

1 Like

Amazing art. Just luvin it thank you so much for sharing

1 Like

First has potential to become much stronger they are a wild card. There is alot of discussion on this inside this thread. Feel free to searching out.

Generally speaking they are a very powerful Darwin compared to the average. But there are those well above them in terms of destructive capability.

7 Likes

@VioletHikari @MrSnuffles @Snoe

Thank you! ( ՞ ᗜ ՞ )づ

1 Like
  1. Would you say our First is in the top 10, 25, 100, or lower in most destructive.
  2. In most durable (including potential) top 10, 25, 100, or lower

and

1. Who is the most hug-able and why is it Empathy and Vyde?
3 Likes

Top 25 in destructive
Top 5 in durability

Dunno those two just need huggles

6 Likes

Where in the top 25 and top 5? On the lower or higher end?

Considering that we are at the beginning of the game my bet would be that First is still in the lower half of the range.
And later on we will move upwards according to our playing style. For example, an MC with high strength will be more destructive than someone whose main stat is speed.

1 Like

To make a comparison
Hightide has the greatest destructive capability able to manipulate massive quantities of water. So epic level tidal waves.
Geo stands second being able to manipulate miles of terrain as long as he’s connected to the ground.
Vyde is third but only because he can’t do as much damage in a single blow as the other two but over time he can do much more damage due to sheer speed.

6 Likes

Wow didn’t think first was that durable and destructive.

1 Like

First is among the most durable,
Kreagan, nigh invulnerable
Silic shatters but gathers together easily no means of injury beyond extreme heat.
First adaptive energy absorber most attacks take 30% hit if first is used to that energy it can be up to 90-99% of the attacl negated at impact on Top of firsts adapted durability over the years.
Moleculo, air manipulation around his body acts like an autonomic function acting as a wind shield strong enough to stop a cannon shell but that doesn’t stop him from being hit by the after shock that my sends him flying.
Vyde is partially living energy he’s tougher than most bit getting past his plasma is tougher since the energy arcs burn hot enough to disintegrate most matter… if he stands still long enough for the shot to hit him.

11 Likes

So found this, and probably going to be stopping by monthly - one or two times a year hoping for more progress.

Questions for @Snoe

1. Possibility for First to at least try to teach anyone else sign language? Would be Interesting to see the possible reasons for any character. Empathy for example could be First not wanting the mind reader touching for communication purposes, or with a First who trusts Empathy a way to keep talking even when Empathy needs to have her music at max volume sand probably shouldn’t be touching any one for their own safety. Or basically a /very/ bad day.

1b. Actually given that Empathy drowns out her power via sound has she done research with lip reading and sign language on her own time?

1. With First will reactions be capable of varying depending on persons involved? Like First’s reaction to say a random civilian being kidnapped being different from Doctor Lydia/good friend/RO being kidnapped? Or a reaction to the person responsible, like Dr Francis getting involved.

I’ve been playing First with high control and honestly just a very positive disposition… Which is very different from actually being safe.

Definitely interested in where this project will go. Might be cackling at the notes in the company files as to Empathy being possibly brought in to help locate First. My First has taken a shine onto the empathy. Anything happens and there will be a reminder as to why no one is supposed to approach First. And an extension of the policy towards friends/family/Romantic interests.

2 Likes

Well you’d have to find someone that is willing to learn. Or doesnt gave a method of communication established.

Vyde- most of what he knows is self taught he’d learn on his own suringbhis spare time. Embarrassed about his barelyvthere education.

Ten- knows it and can cheat when learning things, if he’s reading he can skip ten seconds ahead every second so he’d learn something new exceedingly fast.

Vaihl- genius intellect probably learn it over night while assembling a few gizmos in the lab or during boring business meetings. Known to multitask.

Empathy- she feels emotion primarily and can usually guess everything from there. Also is very good at reading body language, not to mention First has a ‘loud’ brain. Firsts ability make a much stronger connection even blocking out most stimuli she’d get a good handle on Firsts mood.

Silic- would rather take advantage of the ‘lost in translation’ thing they’ve got going. And charades are more fun.

Nyoka- definitely open to learning as long as it’s not frustration.

Geo- hands first a stick and conjures sand.

Hightide- runs at the first sign of hard work and learning.

Lollipop- hires someone to translate.

Moleculo- stares in confusion then looks as if he has an idea “I feel your desire for justice!” Lol

Moving on,
Em is pretty good at controlling her own emotions and others. To the point where she can really screw with someone if she’s pissed off. Instant riot just touch people and send them into murderous rages. As for her learning she’s taking courses in psychology and various social sciences, also works as Darwin councilor, when she says “I know how you feel”, she really does.

1. Reactions will always be different, just colored by personality.

And yeah an angry First is a scary thing, and indestructible 18 year old with super strength and speed.

25 Likes

What was with all the talk about kids earlier? The mention of babs may have caught my attention.

I have a question for @Snoe; what book was it that First reads that makes them uncomfortable near Doctor Whatshisface?

2 Likes