Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

Do I want to know how much of our income this Charly is going to cost First? :dizzy_face:
I’ll assume it’s the old standard “record deal” type of arrangement where they’ll let the “artist” keep between 5 and 10% of what they actually make. :wink:

Well how do you steal from someone like First and get away with it?

I’d imagine hero rates are quite fair. Esp if Vyde vouches for you.

2 Likes

Plus if you choose to work for Vaihl I’m sure her company has a top flight PR team that would be available for their newest star.

2 Likes

Easy, with legalese and the fact that First has at best a theoretical understanding of how the money economy actually works, as opposed to being familiar with its practical vagaries.
Though we’d call it a fairly and honestly negotiated contract, not “stealing”, of course. :wink:

Yes, but the potential trouble about working for a big company is, would they promote the image we want or the image that is best for shareholder value, especially since First cannot readily “speak up” for themselves?

So a whopping 15% then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So many pessimists so little time lol

8 Likes

Well Vaihl is a RO so you can always convince her.

Though she seems to go for the brooding type and I have so much fun playing a smart-ass in this one. This will definitely be a game that I will have to play through several times.

3 Likes

Part of the fun and the drama of being mute. Your action speak for you but how people will see those actions may vary wildly.

The moral of the story is being true to yourself and not the images placed upon you by others.

10 Likes

And that children rised on top secret labs tend to develop the need of appear nude before other XD “seriously First cover yourself!”

5 Likes

So in other words our actions won’t actually speak for us, they just are and what everybody sees in them will be radically different.

Which would be great if First could actually keep a low public profile, but I’m guessing there will be exactly zero chance of that.
On the plus side since the media will literally never be receptive to First’s own input, or his/her side of the story, we won’t need to give this Charly 85% of whatever we earn either.

Why? It’s about the only fun thing we can do on our future media appearances, and since my First is himself not bothered in the least by it, he won’t really see the need to play dress-up just for the (news)media’s benefit. :wink:
In fact given how much trouble First tends to get into going nude might not be such a bad idea, after all, since what goes for fancy tech goes for fancy clothes too, if we’re going to wear them regularly we’re just going to constantly need to replace them anyway.

3 Likes

Great; now I can’t get rid of the mental image of First fighting off their first bad guy and protecting Empathy while naked and News people getting footage of the whole event. By the end of the day, both are on TV, Empathy has her red face in her palms, and Vyde is laughing his head off as First looks at the News with curious innocence. :laughing:

8 Likes

“Doubtless this new Naked Avenger is not the hero we need, but more than likely is absolutely the one we deserve. More at eleven.”

Or you know, just don’t wear fancy clothes. Not that I’m trying to repress First’s free spirit or anything.

Which brings up the interesting aesthetic dilemma of whether body paint counts as a costume.

6 Likes

But my First likes his new wardrobe, he just doesn’t want to have to constantly replace it, so he’ll dress-up when it matters to him, like say to impress Vyde. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Given how tough and durable First is, what’s the point of having him wear clothes when they’re not nice clothes?
Furthermore I think that boring, utilitarian stuff reminds him too much of that lab, which is why it would be something he wouldn’t like.

Meh, body paint, my First has pride and confidence in his own body, so he doesn’t need that and if others can’t deal with it, that’s their own little problem, isn’t it? Besides, it’s bad for the skin.

4 Likes

Our hero Naked Man will defeat the villains with his/her powerful fists of… nudity?

7 Likes

Giggled my ass off!
Naked Avenger :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow! Completely unexpected! I’ll be keeping an eye on this one! I was impressed! Loved how the moods evolved!

4 Likes

Clearly, one of the default names for First should be Flash. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

That sounds like an interesting character option, maybe something else to add to the shopping scene… And it would save on clothing costs…:wink:

Going to save on further comment until the ‘assault course’ flashback scene is complete.

May i interject that there will be an opportunity for a super suit for First. That being said it will coincide with your choice of style :wink:

14 Likes

A super elegant suit, one including a floor length gown, diamonds and a veil … mmmm I am getting amped up now.

Wonderful news.

1 Like

A super birthday suit for nudist First.

1 Like