Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

I just got the image of First trying to pull a fast one on Empathy and then explaining themselves with the puppy dog look.

“First… did you eat my cookies?”

Innocent look.

“And my cake!”

Innocent look.

“My chinese order too but it didn’t arrive yet?”

Innocent look.

“You seriously mugged someone for Chinese food?”

Innocent look.

EDIT: I’d have put images of innocent looks but am on phone lol

11 Likes

im just a innocent bunny

you believe my lies right?

I Swear Its a frame up

6 Likes

There needs to be a Super sneeze bit somewhere… First sneeze! and Moleculo lands in Spain.

You want the MC be like Batman?

I want the MC to be like me.

So is that a no to Batman? Just askin’ ‘cause I’d be alright with it being Batman, personally. Batman’s pretty fuckin’ rad.

1 Like

Speaking of innocent puppy looks…

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/38/32/383299c4ebd36ba31f3ccaa36f3e23c0.jpg?itok=NjvFd2-w

http://stuffpoint.com/dogs/image/362750-dogs-innocent-puppy-eyes.jpg

4 Likes

If you’re looking for batman… dun think you’ll find him in this story. The closests comparison would be Ten and he’s more like Red-Hood(Jason Todd) with a baseball bat and slightly better social skills.

Lol those are the looks First will give when their trying to get out of trouble. Especially the small versions of First, the pint sized wrecking ball of adorable ness and doom :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Your comment about First made me d’aww! Shame on you! <3

But I think Puss in boots has it down pat, can First compete? XD

2 Likes

I don’t know what it says about me as a person that THAT line in particular made me smile the most…:laughing:

That aside, I find the idea of a giant First doing puppy dog eyes the most hilariously adorable, since it feels like it’d be the equivalent of a bear somehow managing to look innocent (despite being, you know, a BEAR).

3 Likes

Weird question here: Will First EVER speak at all?

2 Likes

Aw, but so much of First’s charm comes from them finding ways to communicate without being able to speak. :wink:Why change that?

And if I understand that right their aphonie is caused by their Darwins Syndrome. Most likely not operable, because otherwise krv probably already would have tried that. (At least I could imagine them trying. After all that would make communicating with First easier and following this also would facilitate a better working process with them for staff (Dr. Francis), that for some reason (he is a jerk) don’t want to learn sign language.)

9 Likes

Yeah but still, what would their voice sound like? Basil Brush? Brittany Spears? A Dalek?

Operating on First would be very difficult considering you would need a way to cut them open.

But since we weren’t always this tough the possibility they performed surgery on us when we were young is still there.

Maybe they really wanted a silent First.

2 Likes

I meant that the organic cause of their aphonia is generally not operable (no matter if it’s because operating First is with normal means not possible or because the reason is a nerve malformation or something in the same line).

I didn’t mean that krv did cause the aphonie, but that it is a negative side effect of First’s darwins syndrom.

No idea if they would prefer a talking or a silent First, that depends on what a use they planned for First (besides being a lab rat).

2 Likes

They could have a thought chip, like S.Hawkins but only smaller.

The cause of Firsts aphonia is still up for debate. It may very well be a natural consequence of our power set (vocal cords to strong to vibrate perhaps) but it could just as easily have been done to us. I can think of several reasons for silencing the subject of testing on a child.

@Snoe will this question be an important spoiler perhaps?

2 Likes

It still could be inoperable? I just wonder why everybody wants First to be able to speak?

Playing a mute protagonist makes out much of the allure of the story, at least for me. It’s interesting.

And what even do they win from silencing their test subject? It seems more like something that makes working process more dificult, because First has to write every question they have down. And if the plan to use them as weapon for hire or something, them speaking would be more useful? Because it again would make working with them easier for the staff.

3 Likes

Very high pitched and squeaky

1 Like

Not terriby spoiler ish. But I do love speculation so I won’t go into details without a onesided vote.

As for First’s silence. It is incurable for more than a single reason.

Stepping back.and looking at the subject objectively. First being a mute is kind of cornerstone to the story and very defining of who they are. Removing that would be eliminating alot of what makes this character so enthralling and not too mention helps you as players feel more attune with your character. Because in the majority of Interactive fiction even when your character speaks it’s difficult to feel like “yeah I’d have said that” but with First it’s all about how you act which is far more relatable ans much more entertaining considering how creative one would have to he to get their message across without words.

So giving First a voice I feel would cripple the story I’m trying to tell.

20 Likes