Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

Maybe that choice needs to be reworded as this is far from the only confused comment I’ve seen about it here.
I definitely second the suggestion to move the choice to “remain true” to the gender First was born with, into the first, default choice slot. That way it also helps people who fast-click through that section to not suddenly end up with a cross-dressing First.

2 Likes

Will fix on my next work session

Oh and all those romantic scenarios are all predicated on the idea that these romance option are going to react NORMALLY.

I’ll admit that most characters in this story are a little unstable in there own little way.

Instead of handing First the Pepper Vyde might hop in their lap with pepper in hand.
Ten would make some sort of comment in a subconscious way to sabotage a touching moment.
Empathy might freeze.

8 Likes

@Snoe

Should we feel more worried for First’s possible innocence toward romance or the romance interests’ ability to teach First about it without scarring them for life? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, that was probably the more likely way of thinking about it.

1 Like

It depends on the type of First you have and the character you romance. Vaihl might be a bit scarring lol

5 Likes

just want to romance her more… Rawwwrrr.

3 Likes

Can’t imagine it’ll be easy for Vaihl to scar considering First shrugs off a shooting range, an obstacle course, being frozen in some sort of time capsule, surviving a plane crash, and having their mind probed by Empathy. Really if you want to scar First, you need to get a spray bottle and be like “shoo, shoo!”

Even still, emotional scarring probably would be harder to do with a bratty or smartass First.

Still, I’m awaiting the day when there’s a romantic scene taking place in a pool and First is wearing water wings. Best day ever.

3 Likes

They would really have to be strong water wings

2 Likes

Either that or metal plated water wings with a titanium skeleton for enforcement, but I suppose gravity orbs could be an option…

A miniature hovercraft

1 Like

Or a miniature hydrofoil

Now this is a question i was curios about
With empathy she can touch your mind in direct contact. Is it skin contact that that works were you could just wear light gloves and it doesn’t happen (like Rouge from x-men) or is it more along the lines of inch proximity causes it (like a thin telepathic field or reach around the body) or considered like Bio-Aura power that everything empathy wears is affected

explanation of said power (ripped straight out of a Palladium game)
Personal items such as clothing, wedding ring, necklace, watch, wallet, glasses, etc., are affected and protected by the ability, but there is a limit to the amount of armor, weapons and equipment - restricting the character to just 100 pounds’ (45 kg)
worth of total clothing and gear. Also note that any item(s) that are dropped or thrown by the character, instantly lose all the Bio-Aura’s protective properties and return to their normal state of being

Just curios about the extent of the power Empathy has

Sharks… doesn’t make sense yet I know.
But consider how they can find something miles away based on bio electricity.

Empathy is tuned into the bio electric signal of people. Only she can pick up more of the finer details of said signal. The range of this ability is no different than any sense it gets fuzzier with distance. Hers is victim to the same laws as electricity and conductivity the stronger the current the clearer the image and direct contact allows her to tap into another’s mind directly.

First on the other hand being an energy sponge is like an electro maget in terms of this signal. So it comes through clearer and Empathy gets pulled into their thoughts unintentionally. Thusly speaking their thoughts aloud.

Do we get to know why Ten wears the mask ?

So She is Basically Neural synopsis reader and First already has higher muscle complexity so maybe it could also be understood that First has a more in-depth nervous system to compensate allowing first to have a higher Neural current making First louder to Empaths and telepaths? (random thoughts here)

@Average_Jo23
Well consider it 70% practical. Armor, rebreather, headset, with a few vision modes and a link to Vaihl mainframe as well as protecting his identity.
The rest of the 30% is his own psychological hang ups and the first and last time he had a run in with Kreagan.

2 Likes

Telepathy would have a hard time reading First ‘indepth’ considering how fast they think. As seen in the obstacle course. First can process what they see hear feel ect… at inhuman speeds.

While it would be effectI’ve for a short time it’d be a matter of stamina on the telepaths part.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’d ever mentioned this but is Kreagan more of a Thanos (inhumanly strong and smart) or Hulk (strong but sadly a bit dumb)?
Or is Kreagan’s abilities more like Vyde (not really physical strength)?
Is Kreagan a villain ? Will he play a major role in the story? God damn so many Kreagan questions.

1 Like

He’s very smart or rather ‘adaptive/creative’. That’s half of what makes him dangerous, so he’s a powerhouse and knows how to use it effectively and improvise as needed.
I’m keeping his exact power set a secret for the time being.
The rest would be telling :wink:
Let’s say he will be involved.

1 Like