Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

aww wheres the none of the above option? Like i could go solo shopping or i got barbas shopping… (That came out like wrong… Sexually wrong) Empathy Shopping… Sounds fun.

I went offtrack. So yeah Ten and Vyde seem like weird shopping partner. Almost as bad as Moleculo partner.

Gee, and you don’t think going clothes shopping with Silic is weird :confused: I mean the guy is literally made of glass so he would rip all the clothes with one touch!

Logically speaking those options are the best of a bad situation.
Sending First out on their own into a place they’ve never been with powers few can match into a town known for merchandising and exploiting Darwin abilities is equivalent to sending a 9yo (a smart one) into a mall with a bomb. ALOT can go wrong, but no matter what someone is going to get hurt.

Next is the choice of people. Each of them could stop First if need be and two of them can ‘communicate’ clearly.

Vyde is pretty fun and easy going. So that’s not really wierd. But he’s also too heroish to let First go alone it’s too irresponsible for him to allow. For both First’s safety and the innocent civilians he could care less if First squashed some criminal ass*****

If you’re expecting Ten to be all “let’s go shopping” then you haven’t been paying attention. He’ll approach it like a job and is likely to agree to take it ‘because of’ Vaihl.

7 Likes

Okay i concede to your point and the fact that a fullbody covered hero is nothing new for the peeps of Atlantus. Looking at you Ten!

1 Like

That sounds like a set up for Ten to get trolled (intentionally or unintentionally) by First :sweat_smile:. Assuming that Vahli didn’t have the insight to give the request of reeling First in if they do something not considered social acceptable (though she probably did). And even then, I can see even the most stoic of people getting caught off guard by some of First’s more innocent actions.

6 Likes

Thought I tend to bet that 10’s attitude would change somewhat with trouble-maker First XD, especially if the dressing room scene plays out somewhat the same XD.

4 Likes

If we can romance Ten then I’ll have my first draw his Roman numeral - that is to say, X - over his lips with a finger and then kiss the marked spot. From there, who knows where the treasure hunt leads? :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Clever, but I’d rather try to lure Vyde into the changing room, “to release some energy” with my First.

5 Likes

So when we get to choose our clothes why is male grayed out when I see myself as a cool dude

Take another look.
I’d you’re male there should be an option to remain that way. That option is simply for those that aren’t already male to decide to dress that way.

Is that option where the MC says that they’ll wear a dress or trousers or something else

There are four options
It’s the last one saying “I’m fine with what I am I’ll just pick out what I want anyways.”

This confused me too, at first. Potentially, it would be clearer if the unselectable option was not actually there, and if the “Fine with what I am” choice was first, since I imagine most people will be choosing that. So, for an initially male character, the choice would just be:

Fine with what I am
Female
Androgynous

while an initially female character will be able to choose:

Fine with what I am
Male
Androgynous

with no greyed out fourth option.

5 Likes

Good point
Think I rework that

You know, thinking about First’s future ability to romance the other characters has made me overthink a bit.

On one hand my thoughts are like “I can’t wait to pair my giant, polite trouble-maker First with Empathy. I know it will be adorable to see her embarrassed yet relaxed because of his good-nature unpredictability :blush:”.

On the other hand…I’m like “Does First know how flirting works :sweat_smile:?” I’m pretty sure they read books about courtship (among other things), but I’m actually not too sure about how much they really understand it. They come off as so innocent I wonder if First’ll kinda start out most of their flirting unknowingly (kinda like instinctively knowing they’re interested/growing attached to one of the other characters), yet not understand when someone is flirting/returning interest toward them. And if First’s future partners will have to take lead at some point to explain certain things to them as they get more romantically involved with each other. Considering the characters we’ve seen so far, that will certainly be…an interesting experience for all of them :sweat_smile:.

On a less overthinking note, I hope there’s an option to hug Empathy. I want to see what kind of thoughts come to her mind from unexpected displays of affections (and thank her for helping First too) :smirk:.

7 Likes

Wait, how would first flirt eactly? I mean she/he can’t tall so wouldn’t it bde left up to the RO to make the first move?

@moonwalkerdragon

The flirting could be instinctive; like something in the way First begins to behave around a certain person and how their body language changes could tip that person (or a friend of theirs) off that First may be acting this way since they’ve taken a special liking to them. I could certainly see Empathy using her powers and ‘feeling’ what’s going on with First if they seem to be acting peculiarly around her or the other ROs just being able to tell due to experience in dating. I do get the feeling that the ROs would have to take lead for a while and do things a little steadily so they don’t overwhelm First too much at the beginning. This does depend on when the romances are triggered and how much social knowledge First managed to gather by then, so there is that chance that they’ll be able to put things together and make a move themselves.

Of course, there’s also a chance of First may act in a flirty way unintentionally due to not fully knowing what type of actions/behaviors comes off as flirting. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Lol, I an imagine that happening with first

At the dinner table, First gestures down the table at the pepper and signs “can you past down the pepper Vyde?
Vyde notices First signing and pointing down the table towards him but doesn’t know what First is trying to say. First repeated “Can you pass down the pepper Vyde” yet he still doesn’t pass down the pepper. Sighing she starts to act out what she means, but this only learnt her a stunned look from Vyde. Blushing, he stood up and said “I’m going upstairs” and left and now everyone was looking at the confused First. Ten said to First “real smooth First” then Empathy sighed “you could have got the pepper yourself First.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ok my writhing is bad but you get the drift.

2 Likes

So some reason I can’t pick male as a gender in the clothing section. Is this just a big or based on my choices? I choose male at the beginning.

You just choose the option that ‘you are fine as you are’ if First is already male (or already female).

2 Likes