Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

I think that would be a good idea, perhaps after the training session with Luger

Can first even catch the cold, with all that crazy durability they’ve probably made his immune system hyper-adaptive and almost Borg-like meaning he’d be effectively immune to most diseases.

1 Like

Personally I kind of like the idea of indestructible super-strong First laid up in a bed miserable and eating a metric crapton of soup with the cold.

1 Like

One would have to encounter the germ before their system can adapt to it.
Ei: like the inhaler. First is indeed adaptable but one needs a reference to adapt to. Marinate on that and consider the implications lol. First would have a compromised immune system considering the sterile lab life.

8 Likes

Maybe this is how First [ replace with desired name ] built up their immune system - why would they not test diseases on their precious little lab rat too? I am convinced at least one of the, hmm, scientists would love that. :fearful:

‘Common cold conquered. Now to test leprosy followed by the bubonic plague.’ :imp:
‘…’ :anguished:

6 Likes

Think the cold would be his acheles heel it changes to often

Seems to be the same for me every time - sneezing, snuffling and all that fun. :neutral_face:

But what better challenge for a super guinea pig freak than to find a cure for the common cold? They make a cure and sell it in highly diluted form to keep making billions upon billions every month! First may even get a new book every third month! :astonished:

Maybe that is why First exists in the first (pun and all) place (not talking about their room now either, at least not directly (although, I am too in a sense (doesn’t all these parentheses (and not parenthesises (that would be bad form (or grammar, if you will))) confuse you too?) albeit not literally) figuratively speaking). :grinning:

2 Likes

Just catching up on the thread so far. No beard option…I cry every time. R.I.P dream of being First Geralt.

2 Likes

just pretend you have a joke beard when you do the creative clothing scene

Stick your head in a cotton candy machine and you’ll have the best beard of all. :slight_smile:

Edit:
No funny?
C’mon First fighting crime with a cotton candy beard must be amusing… a little… maybe.

9 Likes

Is good funny! :joy:

Plus if you get peckish you can just nom your beard. :grinning:

4 Likes

Har har… You made a funny.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: Now that I think about, can smartass First please do that?

You know, some other character, probably a RO, decides to take us to our first carnival, and First does that.

First’s First Carnival!

2 Likes

Hmm, I give it 8 outta ten funny @Snoe.

1 Like

But would First actually be able to go on rides, considering how heavy they are? :frowning:

Actually, how heavy is First? (Compared to an existing animal or object (I can’t for the life if me understand weight or measurements (I’m sure this was discussed ages ago, in which case I apologise))) :no_mouth:

As heavy as a person of equal size multiplied by three.

1 Like

Unfortunately it currently takes several months to manufacture a new vaccine. By then the cold season would be over and the most prevalent strains circulating in the wild will have changed. It’s pretty much the same issue we face with the flu vaccine where manufacturers can’t wait for the flu season to start before they begin production. By then it would be too late. They need to guess which flu strains will be most prevalent months in advance. If they guess wrong then the flu shots will be for the wrong strains and people will still get infected.

Fun fact: With the smallest build First weighs around the same as a grown up female Bengal tiger.

6 Likes

First looks the same weight as a person their size just weights more so shouldn’t ride but can fool them by looks. You don’t get weighed on rides

1 Like

So does that mean it’s dangerous for First to get in a car?

a lowrider or a car others are in yes