Forum Anime Watchers

Hey hey! Here’s just a reminder that the animes for Saiki K., Kakegurui and Kemono Friends have a new season out and ready this week!

I enjoyed both the first two series but haven’t watched Kemono friends yet, though, I heard that it’s a guilty pleasure.

Here’s also a reminder to watch JoJo’s and Mob Psycho 100 because they’re both great animes!

Its the only way they know to make villains.

:stuck_out_tongue: I jest, well mostly.

Not sure about that either. Kawahara seems to rely on it too much as a plot device to depict truly heinous crimes. Goblin Slayer last season had it and even The Rising of the Shield Hero this season brings up that topic.

The scene you saw is from episode 10 and yes, it’s the darkest, graphic scene in the SAO anime to date. Not only because of the graphic sexual assault but the gore as well. An example being Kirito cutting off the arms of one of the perpetrators with blood spraying everywhere and Eugeo’s (the blonde guy, Kirito’s best friend and one of the main characters in the Alicization arc) right eye exploding.

Episode 10 of Alicization even had this content warning at the very start, which is the first time this has occurred in the entire SAO anime. While many regard Alicization as the best arc in the series, it’s also the darkest:

If shaggy was in Naruto. :rofl:

You mean Fist of the North Star? :eyes:

You don’t even know… 8 hours of time is already dead.

I’ve never heard of that. (Don’t shoot me :sob:) I just think it’s a hilarious meme that can be used in a lot of different ways, as memes should.

That’s where the line comes from lol. Also, yes it is funny.

You know we need CYOA game like My Hero Academia or Kingdom

That is one of the memes that causes me to spark up in violent rage at how over used it was.

Also I have like acquaintances and whenever anything anime or Japanese pops up they say it…

life is pain

First trailer for Attack on Titan S3 Part 2 is out.

The background track is a rearrangement of the S1 track “ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn” (yes, this is the actual title of the track. The composer, Hiroyuki Sawano, is known for making crazy titles like these for his music) called “ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn <WMId>”, sung by Eliana who previously collaborated with him on Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

The opening theme song will be performed by Linked Horizon (performed the first and second opening theme songs for S1, the opening theme song for S2 and the ending theme song for S3 Part 1) and the ending theme song will be performed by cinema staff (performed the second ending theme song for S1).

The main staff remains the same as the previous part:

Chief Director: Tetsuro Araki
Director: Masashi Koizuka
Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Tanaka
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character Design: Kyoji Asano
Chief Animation Directors: Kyoji Asano, Satoshi Kadowaki
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
Animation Production: Wit Studio

It’s scheduled to premiere in April 2019, no exact day has been given which is strange considering how close it is to airing. Also a Japanese friend said that the final part of the video says “Expecting broadcast in April 2019”. The fact that it says “expecting” and the lack of an actual date already rings alarm bells of the production being messy just like S1-2.

I really hope Wit Studio pull through but they’re infamous for poor scheduling and working conditions.

So… anyone here recommend the Konosuba dub?

The ultimate battle

Does anyone have any good yuri recs? I’ve seen Maria Watches Over Us and Bloom Into You and loved them both. I would prefer ones with happy endings and a slice-of-life, gentle vibe. I’m biding my time until the Fruits Basket reboot comes out. :smile::partying_face:

Gachigasm

Looks pretty good but they still haven’t given a season for when this will release, it’s still just listed as 2019.

I see there’s going to be a lot of emphasis on CG here based on the director’s track record and it’s pretty evident in the PV. Reading the posts on r/anime, apparently the content shown in the PV suggests that the anime will be 2 cours.

Now this is really concerning me. Wit Studio like I mentioned before is a small studio and they’re taking on too many projects at once. They’re known for having production issues and being overworked, their president is harsh.

Wit have the Kabaneri movie due to release sometime this season, Attack on Titan S3 Part 2 in April, Vinland sometime this year and they’re working on an original anime series. Attack on Titan had production problems in every season so far meaning the chances more issues will happen again in S3 Part 2 are very likely and it’ll probably occur with Vinland too.

The hand-drawn animation segments are very nice though. The music sounds promising as well, which is composed by Yutaka Yamada (composer of the Tokyo Ghoul anime series).

If anyone wants rom com i recommend---- Oregairu Hachiman the batman of the show + its highschool theme.

If anyone wants to see People from our world being transported to fantasy world i recommend-----Zero No tsukaima very rom-com and action its about a Japanese guy being transported to another world as a familiar… ----another one is GATE JEITAI modern army vs medieval army---- Tate no Yuusha Nariagari this is awesome.
And of course STEINS GATE master piece of scifi genre.

FATE SERIES
ARSLAN SENKI- MILITARY, HISTORY
KINGDOM ANIME-ABOUT A COMMONER RISING TO THE TOP THROUGH MILITARY CAMPAIGNS
TOKYO GHOUL
BLACK CLOVER-DONT LET THE ANIATION STOP YOU FROM WATCHING THIS
FAIRY TAIL
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD----MASTER PIECE
NISEKOI-FALSE LOVE
im running out of animes lol…
Steins Gate
GATE JEITAI
RELIFE-about a man with a boring life goes through his youth again and possibly make his rusty rotten heart beat again.
RE:ZERO good anime-about a man being transported to another world.
Konosuba-lol this one is good…
DRIFTER - very gory but very good anime
HELLSING
BERSERK
GRISAIA SERIES-about a teenage guy in military going to school
HxH
And so much more.
GOLDEN TIME
PLASTIC MEMORIES
ANGLE BEATS
ATTACK ON TITAN
GINTAMA
KAICHOU WA MAID
DOG DAYS
AJIN
SWORD ART ONLINE
ALDNOAH
HEROIC AGE
GUNDAM
VOLTEZ V
DRAGONBALL
TRIGUN
SEVEN DEADLY SINS
DEMESTIC NO KANOJO
I CAN NAME MORE!!!
TO ARU SERIES
ONE PUNCH MAN
EVANGELION
DEATH NOTE
FOOD WARS—CHEF RAMSEY IS HERE IN RED HAIRED KID
:smiley:

I dont mind CG as long as its environment CG. Bad CG usually comes when they tried to CG characters in my experience (hello Berserk). Idk how much material theyre gonna get through weven with 2 cour. Imo theyll prob grt through the first Saga of the series (lovingly named Viking Saga by fans). Because the second has a giant tone shift that might surprise some people and 2 cour wont be enough to get through 2 Sagas.