Forum Anime Watchers

10 days until the soundtrack for Run with the Wind (Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru) releases, I’m so excited! I think I mentioned before but Yuki Hayashi is my favourite composer and the tracks I’ve heard in the anime so far are excellent!

The anime series itself is getting better and better, the animation is superb as expected of studio Production I.G and their Haikyuu!! team.

Some track samples are up too. This one is from disc 1 track 1, the track titled “We Must Go” which is the anime’s main theme:

And this one (track 19 of disc 2) is a rearrangement of “We Must Go” and it’s my favourite track in the soundtrack as of yet. Very reminiscent of his Haikyuu!! soundtrack:

The wait for Haikyuu!! S4 continues…

Second PV for Mob Psycho 100 S2 is out:

Oh. My. God. :scream:

This already looks like Anime of the Year 2019 material. The animation is godly and appears to have surpassed S1’s animation quality, which is insane. Studio Bones and the anime’s staff continue to hugely impress me!

Uh…Vinland Saga begs to differ. Wit just need one good scene from this series

And the first visual is pretty nice

Hopefully the staff pulls it off well. The director alone strongly suggests the anime will have a large emphasis on CG:

Also Wit have several projects next year which is a lot for them considering their size. This, the Kabaneri film, AoT S3’s second cour, an original anime and there are probably more.

Definitely.

EDIT: Watched up to episode 10 of Run with the Wind (Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru) and I’m surprised how good this is! Episode 10 especially is fantastic: excellent character development, visuals, music and sound direction.

Production I.G continues to impress me with their amazing animation.

Also its soundtrack composed by Yuki Hayashi released on the 19th:

“Black Bullet” is a more upbeat rearrangement (reminds me of his Haikyuu!! and My Hero Academia soundtracks) of the anime’s main theme “We Must Go”.

These two tracks always leave a big smile on my face, Hayashi really knows how to compose inspiring tracks well. I’m certainly purchasing the soundtrack, hopefully very soon.

The Jump Festa 2018 event in Japan happened on the 22nd and 23rd of this month. Wow, those announcements and reveals.

A new trailer for Kimetsu no Yaiba, premiering in April 2019 and it’s animated by ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, God Eater, Tales of Zestiria the X).

The music is composed by Yuki Kajiura (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online) and Go Shiina (God Eater, Tales of Zestiria, Code Vein). The track in the trailer is definitely Kajiura’s and it sounds really good. Love the vocals from 1:24 and the choir from 1:42.

The first trailer for Dr. Stone, which has its premiere month confirmed as July 2019 and animation studio also confirmed as TMS Entertainment (Akira, D.Gray-man, Lupin, Detective Conan). Definitely looks good and I’m interested in who the composer is, the track in the background is nice. :thinking:

A new trailer for One Punch Man S2, airing in April 2019 and animated by J.C.Staff (Toradora, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Golden Time, A Certain Scientific Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Shokugeki no Soma).

To be honest, the quality doesn’t look very promising. The reason why S1 looked so good was because of the amount of animator talent that was brought onto it. But now with the studio and director change, it definitely doesn’t look as good, not to mention the trailer being barely animated and it’s less than 4 months until it begins airing.

At least they’ve kept the character designer and series composer.

The first trailer for My Hero Academia S4. I still need to finish S3 but episode 11 of that season was phenomenal, one of the best episodes of anime I’ve ever seen. So this is certainly a watch for me, I just need to catch up with S3.

A full trailer for The Promised Neverland, airing in January 2019 and animated by CloverWorks (Darling in the Franxx, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, Persona 5 the Animation).

Heard very good things about this series and the staff is promising. May give this one a watch.

The announcement at Jump Festa that had me jumping in joy. Haikyuu is one of my favourite series and it’s been a long time since S3. I’m so glad it’s coming back. :grinning:

This background for Vinland Saga is just gorgeous

The official anime Twitter account posted more background shots:

Hopefully we get an animated PV soon.

giphy%20(1)
YEAAAHHH! And hopefully there’ll be more than 10 episodes lol. No more excuses such as lack of source materials thereof.

Daem, those are World-Anvil-grade backgrounds.

Indeed, the Hypekyuu train is back on!

I’ve heard if Production I.G does a 2-cour S4, they should have enough source material to do a 2-cour S5 soon after. I’m so excited for the anime to return!

However I don’t read manga, so I’ll just wait for the anime.

Looking at Vinland Saga’s main staff list, background art studio Bamboo is doing the anime’s background art.

If you haven’t heard of Bamboo, here’s some of the anime they’ve done background art for:

• The Ancient Magus’ Bride
  • anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
  • Bakemonogatari
  • Berserk: The Golden Age film trilogy
  • Dimension W
  • The Eccentric Family
  • Eden of the East
  • Guilty Crown
  • A Lull in the Sea
  • Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
  • Shirobako
  • Sword Art Online
  • Under the Dog

I saw those shots on reddit, but I couldn’t find it again. So I just went with the first one I could find in Google.

Ah right. Bamboo have done an excellent job with the background art so far with these screenshots.

Been listening to Run with the Wind’s soundtrack more thoroughly. The variety in it is amazing.

Yuki Hayashi’s roots as a rhythmic gymnast did wonders for the anime. He’s a perfect fit for this and sports anime in general (his Haikyuu!! and DIVE!! tracks prove this).

Jfc I finally found that reddit post with the background again and it only has 87 upvotes. No wonder it was hard to find. What the hell is wrong with r/anime? Vinland saga need more recognition

So lately me and an online friend (who has some high-level autism) were having some difficulties with anime (due to the fact that he likes western animation more) and I was tasked with explaining anime to him, which was fairly difficult. So how would you explain anime to someone who has never watched anime before?

Also I watched the second episode of Reincarnated as a Slime and Twin Star Exorcists recently

"There’re a lot of anime genre. Action, comedy, drama, slice of life, romance, and even… *wiggles fingers erotica. But the trend for now is Isekai, which is basically fantasy but with some reference to real world.

The most anime-like western animation is RWBY."

That’s probably how I’d explain anime to my friend who never watched an anime, especially with high-level autism. No need to infodump, best explanation is with examples.

But then again, I don’t know your friend, so you’re the best judge of your own.

Oh, speaking of Slime, as someone put it on YT, “Sid Meier’s Civilization the anime.” As for Twin Star, I suppose no spoilers, but the ending is a bit underwhelming. Also, friggin Pierrot.

Are there any anime of the well-known Doraemon? Preferably English versions of it?

Plenty.

The 2005 TV series is still going on.

It also has many feature-length films, with the 39th one releasing in Japan in March 2019:

In terms of English versions of it, there’s this:

However it’s been on hiatus since September 2015, unfortunately. :neutral_face:

It’s out, at last!!

Yoshimichi Kameda, Yuzuru Tachikawa and studio Bones have done God’s work once again; the animation in the OP is masterful, the song is amazing and it’s already a contender for OP of the year in my opinion. I’m so glad Mob Psycho 100 is back. :smiley:

HAHA YES, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT’S OUT! REJOICE!!!
BUT FIRST, I’LL HAVE TO WATCH THE OPENI-

00%20pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Yikes, that’s a shame. :slightly_frowning_face:

[This video/link contained a virus or linked to a website trying to pass a Trojan. I’ve deleted the link. – JSH]

EDIT: So sorry about the previous link, I didn’t even know it had malware on it! Updated again with a YouTube video from Crunchyroll’s official channel. Hoping this one works.

Alright! Awesome! Now I can watch this glorious open-

54%20pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :sob::sob::sob::sob:

CRUNCHYROLL DOESN’T LIKE ME WHEN I’M IN THE PHILIPPINES DOES IT?