Forum Anime Watchers

Well yeah what I meant is that it doesnt happen again. Another rape mean itll get back to that level. It mellowed down after the first ep/chapter. I was gonna drop it after the first chapter but I kept reading and it doesnt get that bad again

Edit: if you want shocking and disturbing GK is great at those. For example a mask made of human skin.
u8SwPvi_d

I agree, Yoko Kanno is a goddess.

Have you heard her work in Zankyou no Terror, by any chance? The soundtrack for that is a masterpiece.

This was her most recent anime work that finished airing over 4 years ago. I really want to see her return to anime soon.

The most likely one is Carol & Tuesday, a 2019 original anime series by studio Bones, directed by Kanno’s close friend Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Kids on the Slope, Space Dandy, Zankyou no Terror).

I had Von stuck in my head for months after the anime ended, beautiful ost indeed :revolving_hearts:

“von” is incredible. Not only is the soundtrack magnificent (they recorded it in Iceland, which is awesome), the sound direction and music usage in the anime was really good too so it elevated the experience.

The piano in this… Kanno, you genius. She is easily one of the best anime composers and also one of the best female composers out there now.

…shit, I’m going to cry again. When you realise that “bless” means “goodbye” in Icelandic, the feels are even worse.

Woa, thank you so much for sending me such wonderful music :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

You’re very welcome! :grinning:
Yoko Kanno deserves all the praise she gets and certainly deserves more recognition.

I’ll just add a few more tracks from Zankyou no Terror, specifically vocal ones:

The anime’s opening theme song composed by Kanno and performed by Yuuki Ozaki.

Another vocal track composed by Kanno and performed by Ozaki.

The anime’s ending theme song composed by Kanno and performed by Aimer.

Kanno composed all the music in Zankyou no Terror: opening theme song, ending theme song and the soundtrack. I would definitely buy them if they weren’t so expensive… that’s Japanese music prices for you. :pensive:

https://vgmdb.net/album/45469
https://vgmdb.net/album/47613

Interestingly enough, the first soundtrack for it came out before the anime began airing in Japan, which is mostly unheard of as the majority of soundtracks come out either during the anime’s airing or afterwards. The power of Kanno.

So beautiful, heart touching song!!!. A legend composer, masterpiece work.

To the people that thought I have given up on trying to convince people to watch, or better yet, read Golden Kamuy. YOURE WRONG! If you dont believe me, here is a youtuber review of the first season. People seems to trust youtuber more than random people on the internet.

There was this movie I watched about a year ago and it was really good…But I can’t seem to remember the exact name- I think it was “A silent noise”? Or something like that…Anyways it was about this deaf girl and this guy who used to bully her and they meet again when they’re older and it basically a redemption for the guy…Does anyone know the name of the movie? :thinking:

A Silent Voice.

I watched it as well, such an incredible film.

Second key visual for the Youjo Senki movie

AHHH YES. Thank you, it always bothered me that I forgot the name. That was such a beautiful movie. Especially the soundtrack…Jeez I actually feel bad for people who haven’t watched it. And I know a lot of people say stuff like “this movie made me cry”, but this movie was actually a tear jerker, seriously good stuff.

I weep silently as i am reminded of the fact that in the ln version literally everyone was much easier on the eyes.
Wtf happened during Tanya’s transition into animation you ask? Bullfrog-ification apparently.
Still gonna watch it though.

Definitely. It’s the first KyoAni film (seen a couple of their TV shows but not films) and also the first work from Naoko Yamada I’ve watched. Extremely good first impressions.

Kensuke Ushio did a splendid job on the soundtrack. I’ve heard some of his tracks for Ping Pong the Animation and Devilman crybaby which were both really good as well.

What’s fascinating, however, are the methods Ushio used to create A Silent Voice’s soundtrack. This article delves into that creative process:

Q: The heroine, Shoko, is deaf. I assumed that makes it tricky to deliver it musically. What sort of concept did you come up with?

Ushio: First, I did some research on hearing impairments. I found out that the types and degrees of them vary depending on individuals, and so I didn’t take deafness as a concept. Instead, I focused on a hearing aid, which plays an important role in the film. A hearing aid is basically an amplifier for your ear, so theoretically, it should create some noise.

Then, I began to think how much noise to pick up, what sort of difference we hear between noise and musical tones and what makes noise become meaningful. All those thoughts led me to one conclusion, an upright piano.

The fact that my parents were holding music lessons at home might have helped me, but upright pianos clearly stood out as an instrument that I could control the noise as much as possible. Upright pianos could produce noises from nails clicking on keys, a hammer clunking by pressing keys, a felt part on a soft pedal when it’s pressed down and a soundboard creaking as strings echo.

In order to complete the concept of recording all those noises, I dismantled a piano and set up a microphone inside. By doing so, I was hoping to capture and record the sound as a whole including such noises, not musical tones.

The amount of effort put into this film is amazing.

To be fair the author approved of it. They thought it’d fit more and people would be less likely to waifu fy Tanya.

And the designs did change between the ln and manga.

I do miss the doctor in the manga though. But otherwise I’m fine with everything.

Ok this is actually hilarious, clicked on it cause i was bored and had a good laugh. You can definitely tell the author worked in a bookstore or a sale related job before.

So I just started rewatching Pokemon Sun and Moon, and I haven’t seen it since the Johto days. I noticed Brock was gone, but I like the Rotom Pokedex character so far, it’s so snarky and carefree/energetic!

Good for you. Its just too funny for me at certain times in the anime lol. (Total mood kill)
Ln and manha designs were great or more standard anime-y.

Anyways, did anyone get a chance to see Liz and The Blue Bird? Wondering if its good.

Main Staff

Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Space Patrol Luloco)
Screenplay: Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill)
Character Design: Shigeto Koyama (mechanical designer for Eureka Seven, Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Darling in the Franxx)
Art Director: Tomotaka Kubo (Mary and the Witch’s Flower)
Logo Design: Saishi Ichiko (Kill la Kill)
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah.Zero, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Seraph of the End, Re:CREATORS, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn)
3DCGI: SANZIGEN Animation Studio (BBK/BRNK, handled the CG for numerous anime like Psycho-Pass, Index, Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill)
Animation Production: Trigger (Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Kiznaiver, Ninja Slayer From Animation, Inferno Cop, co-produced Darling in the Franxx with CloverWorks)
Production: XFLAG
Distribution: TOHO

So the main staff for Promare has finally been revealed, including the confirmation of Hiroyuki Sawano being its composer. I’ve been disappointed with his work this year so far, but it sounds like he’s returning to his Kill la Kill music style which is much better. Hopefully it does turn out great.

The recognition we deserved lul