Forum Anime Watchers

That reminds me of something…

Starting to watch Osmosis Jones Cells At Work.

Been a while since I had a gag anime to watch.

Cool, its gonna be the Garou arc so it’ll be pretty good. Plus, the real power of the King’s Engine.

I watched that recently. It’s honestly surprisingly violent for a gag anime, but I think that’s one of the things that sucked me in with the first episode.

Also, @Spectro889 : Oof.

Interesting. Haven’t read the manga so I don’t know about that arc.

What I don’t understand though is why they are having the pre-screening of episode 1 this month if the actual season is going to air in January 2020. It’s a longer wait than AoT S1 and S2.

Let’s not forget that Shingo Natsume isn’t returning from S1 to direct this and he’s the reason why OPM S1 had such an incredible animator lineup - this is a big loss. Madhouse not returning isn’t that big of a deal considering S1’s animation team mainly consisted of freelancers anyway.

Its a pre-screening? A month after AX? Why? At this point might as well not do it. Also, its a great arc with a great villain. Especially if you’re a fan of the old guy.

I hear it’ll get a bit more serious when they fight a cancer cell. (And have a different protag for a bit)

They have an darker version side manga too. An unhealthy human body. So it deals with alcohol, sex, stds. White blood cell is a girl, red’s a guy this time. And everyone is hopeless.

Looking forward to it, then. The good thing is that the series composer (Tomohiro Suzuki) and music composer (Makoto Miyazaki) from S1 are returning for S2.

Can’t wait to hear what Miyazaki has composed for S2. S1’s soundtrack was badass.

UPDATE (12 August 2018): It seems Yonkou got the news for OPM S2’s premiere date wrong, which hardly ever happens since he’s a very reliable source.

It will actually premiere in April 2019, not January 2020. Episode 1 will not be pre-screened today. JAM Project will be returning from the first season to perform the second season’s OP. In addition to this, its first visual and PV (no new animation in this, however) have been revealed:

The track at 1:03 is :fire:

I found this awesome cover of Madoka magica’s music the other day

(By the way, does anyone know if/when the next movie for this is coming out?)

Nope, no date or announcement for the next Madoka project has been made. Shaft have the Zoku Owarimonogatari film that will premiere sometime between October and December this year. After that, there isn’t anything new from them announced.

There might be some sort of announcement for it during AnimeJapan 2019 in March, but there’s no guarantee on that. Madoka’s scriptwriter, Gen Urobuchi, is currently busy with other projects (Thunderbolt Fantasy S2, third Godzilla anime film, potentially the new Psycho-Pass films) so whatever it is, it’ll take a long while.

That’s a shame. When the original series finished and felt kind of complete, but rebellion changed that. It really needs a sequel to finish it off properly. (And seems less likely to happen with every year that goes past with no definite word on when it’ll be done :frowning: )

There’s the official confirmation. That is one beautiful key visual. Now I just need to wait for the composer announcement.

Series composer Hiroshi Seko is pretty good (he’s also doing Mob Psycho 100 S2) but I’m worried about the director choice. Shuhei Yabuta is primarily a 3D director so there might be a lot of CG usage in this anime; I haven’t heard good things about the CG in Inuyashiki, which he co-directed with Keiichi Sato.

MADBOX, the CG subsidiary of studio Madhouse, has worked on Attack on Titan, No Game No Life, Hunter x Hunter, Overlord, Steins;Gate, ACCA, Alderamin on the Sky, Death Parade… yeah, a huge amount of anime.

Interesting. I assume MAPPA will return to animate this. I haven’t watched it but heard about how hectic the series gets.

Winter 2019 is stacked, damn: Mob Psycho 100 S2, The Promised Neverland, Boogiepop and Others, the second Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel film, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection, the first film in the new Psycho-Pass SS trilogy and the new City Hunter film. There’s a possibility that Vinland Saga will air here as well.

Here’s an open challenge to yall. Read this manga. I’ve failed to read this series 3 times now. My head just couldn’t take it anymore after 3 chapters

Haven’t read the above posts yet but has anyone watched fairy tail?

Yeah I have. It was alright, nothing special but fun to watch.

Years ago I used to watch an anime called Elfen Lied, with Lucy/Nyu the Diclonius and Kouta. Is it normal to feel sympathetic to Lucy’s plight even though Lucy (through her Diclonius instincts) slain so many others in this anime? And also the mysterious DNA voice of Lucy’s, what is it?

That’s my favorite anime and manga. And the dna voice is a mystery. Some say it was just a persona her mind came up with to cope with all the abuse and discrimination she suffered during her childhood. Others say it’s just her Diclonius DNA keeps telling her to replace humanity

Oh manga spoilers. Lucy is the 2nd personality and the dna voice is the original who is even more omnicidal. Lucy and Nu asked Kota to kill her to save the human race (her powers could reach across the world at that point)

Nice! This is looking very good so far, some lovely animation in this PV.

Main Staff

Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Rurouni Kenshin)
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi (Attack on Titan, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Garo, Kakegurui)
Character Design: Satoshi Iwataki (Ghost Hun)
Music: Yoshihiro Ike (Ergo Proxy, Kuroko’s Basketball, Rage of Bahamut, Tiger & Bunny)
Animation Production: MAPPA, Tezuka Productions

The main staff is impressive too. It’s great to see Furuhashi and Ike back. Ike’s work in Rage of Bahamut is nothing short of outstanding.