Forum Anime Watchers

Madhouse always had good OP taste.

And that’s just a couple of them.

This is some next level shit right here

@BoisterousBumblebee About Aldnoah.Zero’s soundtrack, it’s the first Sawano work I got into and since then, I’ve become a fan.

Kabaneri fell apart during the second half (Sawano has pretty bad luck when it comes to good anime) but god, I love this song so much. Aimer is one of my favourite singers and to have her working with Sawano again, it’s amazing.

And the main theme. Sawano drop at 3:59… BOY

It does get quite annoying when he keeps getting put on the same kind of shows that require “epic” music, but he pulls it off so well. I just hope he can compose for an anime that requires a completely different style, like a slice of life anime or something.

Hoi, I need my daily dose of adrenaline-pumping songs.

His sound can be expected and generic sometimes but you gotta admit that its distinctive. And yeah Kabaneri was a clusterfuck. Shame though, I mean steampunk-ish worlds + zombies? Sounds fun on paper buuut…

He’s very good at those, no doubt. Though you should take a look at his drama works, that’s where he is at his best:

But if you want more epic Sawano, then this track is the very definition of that:

A lot of people are saying this track sounds like something straight out of AoT and while I get the comparison, he composed Xenoblade Chronicles X’s soundtrack in the first half of 2012, right after his work on Guilty Crown to be specific.

It is distinctive, yeah. You can instantly tell it’s him by the music style, like the first PV for Re:CREATORS. There’s even a fan server for Sawano on Discord since he’s very popular in anime. It isn’t anything huge, but it does have over 600 members which is a pretty good amount.

Agreed. Kabaneri had a solid first half in my opinion but it went completely off-track when Biba was brought in. I hate that character, despite him being voiced by Mamoru Miyano who’s an excellent VA. It has a film currently in production with Sawano set to return, so at the very least, we’ll get more music from him for that.

Lately I’ve been watching Cells at Work! Which is educational!

Its educational enough for kids. (Which I assume is its demographic?) I already spoiled myself on the manga ha.

Its educational for both kids and adults alike. They made things simple enough for kids to understand but also put in a lot of high level information as well. I’m a bio major and a lot of things went over my head. Granted, I’m not a cells biologist so I was only briefly taught about most of those stuffs.

I found that it worked better in manga form as that level of information can go over kids head if it transitions fast enough. :confused: The anime is flashier sure, and much easier to distinguish each character, but I felt they tried to cram it all in an episode. (Aha im not a bio expert by any means either, i only know whats needed for my medical degree :sweat:.)

Has there been any other “educational anime”? I only know there were a few historical ones.

The “Silver Spoon” series is an educational anime about a guy that learns about agriculture on a farm, along with a group of other students. Episodes about a farmer’s life in short.

New PV for the My Hero Academia film:

The animation is godly. It was already incredible in the TV series but this? Holy shit, Bones have gone to another level.

Comment from the mangaka, Kohei Horikoshi, about this PV:

Makes me wish for a Soul Eater revisit. (Like with fma)
I mean, the art style was just perfect for bones. Rip.

I just saw the bloopers of Brotherhood a little bit ago. One of my favorite dubs :heart_eyes:

Need to watch both of those, especially FMA:B.

Bones have really been impressing me lately with what they’ve done in Mob Psycho 100 and BnHA. I have only seen a few shows from them (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Bungo Stray Dogs and Noragami are among these) and they’re already one of my favourite studios.

That reminds me, I still need to catch up to BnHA S3 and I’m hyped for Mob Psycho 100’s second season next year.

Two new Fate/Grand Order anime have been announced.

Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majū Sensen Babylonia (TV anime due 2019) staff

Director: Toshifumi Akai (Shelter, Darling in the Franxx assistant director)
Assistant Director: Miyuki Kuroki (The IDOLM@STER SideM director)
Lead Character Design: Takeshi Takeuchi (co-founder of TYPE-MOON, Fate/stay night and Tsukihime VN illustrator)
Character Design: Tomoaki Takase (Saekano, Occultic;Nine)
Music: Keita Haga (original composer for the game), Ryo Kawasaki (Fate/Grand Order: First Order, Shokoku no Altair)
Animation Production: CloverWorks (Darling in the Franxx, Persona 5 the Animation)

Fate/Grand Order Shinsei Entaku Ryōiki Camelot (2-part film series) staff

Lead Character Design: Takeshi Takeuchi
Music: Keita Haga, Hideyuki Fukasawa (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu)
Animation Production: Production I.G

Aniplex rolling in that money once again.

Ehhh let me guess, theyll use generic protag kun again. -_- hopefully hes not as cringey bad and boring as fate apocryphas.

Yeah, probably. Haven’t seen Apocrypha but the overall reception doesn’t look that good. The soundtrack by Masaru Yokoyama is nice though and there was a ton of praise for episode 22 regarding its animation.

Several people are disappointed that ufotable aren’t doing either of these, but they need to realise ufotable are very busy at the moment. They are currently working on the second Heaven’s Feel film that’s due to premiere in January 2019, then they’ve got the third film, the Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu film and Kimetsu no Yaiba.

What I am surprised about is Production I.G doing Camelot. I didn’t expect them to work on a Fate anime anytime soon but here it is. Especially because it’s a film, I’m expecting some excellent animation from them.

Oh? Well I suppose for most people these days, good animation is enough to save an anime even from mediocrity and give it pass.

(As I silently disagree and weep lol, good anime is just hard to put together. Too many variables, and its an not alwats ideal business for creativity. But sometimes the stats do align and thats when anime really shines.)

My favorite anime are:

Grancrest Senki

Arslan Senki

Overlord

Naruto

Dragon ball z

Attack on titan

Kingdom

Sword art online

Black clover

One punch man

Berserk