Forum Anime Watchers

This is exactly as it sounds.I was just wondering if anyone else here watches anime and if so which ones are your favorite and what can you recommend for others to watch?

Of beasts and humans (Short Demo is Out!)
Talking about Osomatsu-san (Anime)
Anyone here familiar with Houseki no Kuni?
The Funny Thread
Totem Force [Updated 26/04/17]
All time Favorite ANIME

Attack on Titan, Black Bullet, High school of the Dead, and Deadman Wonderland were all pretty decent ones, Elfen lied is pretty sad and graphic but it was a interesting show.

I do but I haven't some an some time bit for suggestions.

Bleach
Naruto
Attack on Titan
Tokyo Ghoul
Akime Ga kill
Sword Art online
Black Butler
And
Mekaku city actors

Most of these anime are about murder , war , mysteries or the unnatural but fair warning there might be blood

Some of my personal favorites are universal century Gundam, Cowboy bebop, Hellsing, Attack on Titan, Bleech, and One Piece, Big O, and Black Lagoon.

Wolf's Rain, Wolf Children, Baccano!, DRRR!!, Dennou Coil, Sword of the Stranger, Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, Angel Beats, any Lupin III, any Studio Ghibli, 5 cm per Second, Hotarubi no Mori E, Soul Eater, Dead Leaves, Blue Exorcist, Fairy Tail, Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, the original Rurouni Kenshin, Spice and Wolf, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, I second Mekakucity Actors, Ghost in the Shell, Black Lagoon, Natsume's Book of Friends...

May add more. Keeps ya busy for a while, yeah? Some of them are quite... well. Check the rating first.

Cowboy Bebop, first and foremost. The dubbed version.

@Sneaks Baccano!! is also widely regarded to be one of the best-dubbed anime in existance, along with Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain (done by the same team as the former), Black Lagoon, Dead Leaves and Ghost in the Shell. Anything else should probably be watched in its original language.

Hmm, let's see...I've watched way too much anime for my own good, so I have quite the list. For recommendations, I should go by genre. Though I do give a disclaimer: the genres might not be correct. I tried my best...

Action: Psycho-Pass, Kill La Kill, Jormangund, Zettai Karen Children: Hyoubou Kyouske Unlimited, Mirai Nikki, Tiger and Bunny, RWBY (technically), Chrome Shelled Regios, Samurai Flamenco

Horror: Another, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Corpse Party, Shiki, Elfen Lied (this ones more...crazy)

Fantasy: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (though this also doubles as Mystery), Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night 2014, Kekkaishi, Shin Sekai Yori (HIGHLY recommended),

Drama/Mystery: Count of Monte Cristo, Bacanno, Wolf's Rain, Spice and Wolf, Stein's;Gate, Gosick

Sci-fi: Aldnoah Zero, Gundam 00, Code Geass

Apparently everyone seem to like Cowboy Bebop and Psycho-Pass...haven't watched either yet

@Sneaks @Bagelthief You watch anime dubbed? I find it kind of difficult because in most anime it's generally bad.(JAPANESE FTW)

@Ledalla Is Fate/Zero,Fate/Stay Night worth watching?Been considering it for a while.

So...I just watched the first episode of Tokyo Ghoul while having no idea what it was about. Now just to let you know what kinda things I've seen in other shows. I've seen the sheer dickery of Game of Thrones, watched the crazy and grotesque shenanigans of Deadman Wonderland and Elfen lied and this is what I have to say.... WHAT THE FLYING F*** DID I JUST SEE?!?!?! O.O I now have to watch the show some more to see how the plot unfolds but...damn. Japanese people, you scary folks.

Fate/Zero is a verrrry good anime. Lots of action and it balances itself out with very well-done, human characters and some twists that actually done with subtle foreshadowing, not just there for the VAT A TWIST kinda thing.

Fate/Night isn't as good as Fate/Zero, as most people agree, and the original anime is kinda abysmal. Buuuut the new one, made in 2014, is actually closer to the VN than the one Studio Deen did. Therefore, it makes sense, looks better and has more...understandable characters despite being a different story than what said VN has.

@Bagelthief

There's a lot of good dubs out there, certainly more than can be counted on two hands.

IMO, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad is also an excellent dub. Since it's about a band, there's a lot of what I think is original music that they had to make up entirely new english lyrics for, and it ended up sounding really good. I still listen to it sometimes.

@Drini7

I prefer to watch it dubbed in my native language, but if the dub isn't very good I'll watch it in Japanese. I think that many people who dislike dubs do so because they're accustomed to the original voices, and listening to completely different actors playing the same characters just sounds weird at first. I have that problem too, but I've found that if you just stick with the dub for a while you'll get over it and be able to enjoy it.

That said, a good many dubs are just plain shit. It may be they don't put much effort into making them decent because there isn't a significant market for it in the west. I couldn't say.

Get ready for a great show with an anime original second season currently airing.

@Drini7 I vary on if I watch it dubbed or not. For example, the original of Dead Leaves is crap, everyone agrees, while the dub put in humour. Cowboy Bebop's was considered even better than the Japanese version by the creator, and same for Ghost in the Shell. When the dub is better to the creator, you know you should be watching it.

Is there a good site to watch it on? I would watch it some more on YouTube but there aren't alot of episodes because of the copyright stuff.

@Razgriz

Check out Anime Twist. Excellent video quality and totally ad-free.

@Bagelthief

Wasn't Cowboy Bebop basically made for a western audience? I've heard it's actually quite obscure in Japan.

@Sneaks No, it wasn't. It was, 'owever, based off American shows around Watanabe's time (70's-80s), the music that came from the western-based Blaxplotation films, and mostly the famous Lupin III manga and anime, which is in itself a mix of Eastern an' Western influences. It was always more popular in the West, but Japan loves it, and only missed out at first due to a bad timeslot and run.

Here here. My username is taken from Rurouni Kenshin if anyone gets the reference.

Anyway, my favorites are:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  2. Monster
  3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  4. Attack on Titan
  5. Fate Zero
  6. Steins Gate
  7. Code Geass R1 and R2
  8. Ergo Proxy
  9. Cowboy Bebop
  10. Baccano.

Also like One Piece, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Hajime no Ippo, Hunter X Hunter and others.

Bleach
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night 2014
Clannad
Attack on Titan
Log Horizon
Spice and Wolf

I usually prefer the dubs, but I'll watch subs if I have to.

Deadman Wonderland had me scarred forever in a twisted bad/good way. The three months I was in Basic I'd think about the show and all the episodes I still had to watch...

Most of the ones I'd reccomemd have been daid but there's one in Japanese called Trinity Seven I got into recently ove Christmas. While having to read all the episodes is a tick annoying it's worth the view.