Forgotten. - v0.113 // A mental health focused mercenary story. Updated: 20th of August

I enjoyed that!:grin: Feels a bit short tho

Ah, I’m not very good at writing long chapters, sorry! I’m trying to flesh them out as much as possible (without it becoming pointless filler, of course), and I’ll release the updated Prologue and Introductions soon.

I like the premise and idea one thing you’ll have to decide while fleshing out the story whether his/her/their conditions come from experience ex. History or General illness. P.T.S.D. (basically caused by traumatic experiences) can lead to mental illness when none existed prior. P.T.S.D. also can root from something as simple as falling in a pool while younger and not knowing how to swim to the commonly known version soldiers experience.

You make a good point! I have a vague sense of at what moment of time MC’s mental illnesses developed (from a range of childhood/army/that big bad organisation), and how severe they were. I kinda want to expand on that, but I suppose it’d technically be a spoiler :confused:

1 Like

No spoiler thank you :smile::smile: and by the way, I love your story, I can see in your story you work hard on it.

1 Like

True. To “normal” people, it just seems like the “Afflicted” is simply being overly dramatic–when infact it’s already a problem in their biology that’s rendering them physically unable to function properly.

A “healthy” mind’s become a standard these days, not only socially, but in legal matters as well (an understandable reason of course, but it generalizes all too well that it takes away the potential from the works of amazing individuals who could work with their diagnosis and could actually use that to the “benefit” of society.) Mental Illness, to be labeled with such, will automatically stigmatize a person-- their works, shamed to be as unstable as their “unfitting” mind probably is.

When you stand on the wrong place with people, there’s nothing you can do right ; it applies otherwise.

To the author, @Melancholy, I hope you do justice to the topic at hand. It’s a subject that’s been made into a mockery by the ignorant of society.

I hope I can live up to your high standards. If my little story can inform just one person about the realities of mental health, I’d be over the moon.

3 Likes

Oh, was it too high? Should I tone it down? Kidding.

Simply, Hypocrisy is rampant these days. I only hoped you can fully immerse us, your captive audience, with what made you tackle this topic in the first place.

1 Like

This looks great! I’ve been trying to find something interesting like this. Im very impatient when It comes to something that looks interesting that turns out not to be out yet. Ill be good though. I like this idea a whole bunch.

Deadpool?

Yup, Deadpool.

It’s so nice to see a WIP focused on mental health; it’s such an important topic that society is only just properly talking about in and accepting manner and recognising the importance of.

The demo is great and you are clearly invested in and concerned with accurate representation. You’re doing a great job! :blush:

Hey all!
I haven’t been able to work on the game recently as I was away, but now that I’m back (because I’m not going to stoop to coding on my phone) updates will be released soon, hopefully.

Fortunately (or maybe not so much for our dear MC) it’s given me a nice bit of time to think about the story, and how I want it to play out. It’ll tighten up some plot holes I hadn’t noticed before, and probably improve the overall quality of the game. I’ll have to change a couple of things in the Prologue and Introductions (which I was planning to do anyway) but it should be worth the effort.

Thank you all for being so patient! :blush:

16 Likes

Hey I would love to beta test this this seems really fun

Is anyone one else having trouble getting to the first chapter, I’m stuck in a never ending load cycle.

And as a side not this book of yours has some really potential mate can’t wait to see what happens best of luck.

I am really intrigued by story so far, waiting more with anticipation. The beginning felt very surreal and I really want to know what well happen next.

Can’t finish the demo always getting stuck on loading and errors

if u mean the chapter after we meet matt then me too. i didn’t even realize there was a next chapter

No that’s the prologue as far as I can tell. There should in theory be part of chapter one but I’m not certain

Hi! I’m currently crippled (as always) by writer’s block, so I’m slowly grinding through the last parts of chapter two, and laying out plans for chapter three. Fixed the infinite loading problem (hopefully), but if you’re still having problems clearing dashingdon’s cookies should fix it.

In the meantime, I’ve uploaded the newest versions of the prologue and chapter one (added a few more scenes in the prologue, and fixed some problems with wording and such) to the public beta. Thank you all, again, for being patient.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.