For the Empire: War of Heirs. (Update 40k plus discord!) 3/30

Demo | Tumblr | Discord

War of Heirs is a low fantasy story where you are thrown into court intrigue, conspiracy, and rivalry with your siblings.

The game focuses on family, romance, war, and relationships.
sum

You’re the third-born son/daughter of Queen Celine and Emperor Otto. Your mother declared your name for succession without your say-so, making you a contender for the Golden Throne and a threat to Queen Helga and your older half-brother. Will you manage to build a power base, an army, and most importantly, win the throne, or will you die trying?

Features

• Play as a prince or a princess.
  • Have a beast of a companion by your side that is ready to die for you.
  • Customize your appearance and personality.
  • Have children.
  • Be a cruel person or kind or both.
  • Survive assassination attempts.
  • Build and lead an army.
  • Gather support from outside of the empire.
  • Fall in love.

Ro

ROs (Portraits are still in the works and could be changed later.)

Romance

Lady Gossa

Lady Gossa of House Noorga, known as the Blood Queen of Noorga.

Gossa is an unstable, sadistic, and cruel woman, even by her house standards. She suffers from the Noogren madness that plagues her entire family. She sees and hears the world differently from others.

Unlike her mad mother, Gossa is good at hiding her true self. She will not leave you alone until you fall in love with her, whether you are into women or not.

Nobody knows what she will be like as a partner, but having her support will mean having access to her father’s large duchy and the feared Black Guard of her house.

She can be romanced by a male or female MC.

Lady Sabrina

Lady Sabrina of House Astilaa: House Astilaa is one of the strongest houses in the northern regions of the empire, bannermen to the Northern Archduke. Sabrina is the younger sister of the drunk Duke of Ouwdel.

Sabrina is a smart and cunning woman. She’s an extremely ambitious woman that looks to strengthen her position and will have no trouble using any means necessary to climb the ladder. Her fashion and massive parties are known throughout the empire. She rules her brother’s duchy while he spends most of his time at the brothels, making her the true power in the duchy. A duchess with the title of a lady.

Having her as a partner will mean having an intelligent and powerful woman by your side and having access to the berserkers and their unbreakable shield wall.

As your enemy, can she even be trusted?

She can be romanced by a male MC.

Lady Quella

Lady Quella of House Goldstone, the Hand of the Emperor’s daughter and your cousin.

Quella is a shy and sweet girl that wants the best for everyone. The common folks call her the champion of the common, while the nobles think of her as nothing more than a gentle and naive little girl that is trying to fix something that doesn’t need fixing.

Quella uses her great wealth to fund massive charities across the city and build an orphanage for the large numbers of children on the streets with no place to call home. She will be only supportive of a kind MC.

She can be romanced by a male MC.

Lady Varina

Lady Varina of House Stefield: Your friend and companion. She was sent to serve you in exchange for you to find her a good marriage offer and to secure the alliance between your grandfather and her house.

She can sometimes be a controlling freak over everything and everyone around her.

As a fifth-born, most see no future for her but to marry into a minor nobility. But Varina always strives for perfection and will never rest until she achieves her goals.

She can be romanced by a male or female MC.

Sultana Layla

Sultana Layla of House Morved: A foreigner from a rival empire. She is the sultan’s favorite child.

*Layla is a strong-willed and free woman that likes to do what she wants. She will hate anyone who tries to control her. She loves riding horses and hunting. She also learned how to fight from a young age and prefers fighting using a spear

. She will be a supportive and strong partner that will stand with the MC no matter what happens. Having her support will mean having access to the sultan’s massive resources and the empire’s formidable army, maybe even war elephants.

She can be romanced by a male MC. (Maybe also a female MC?) ¯(ツ)/¯

Lord Sandor

Lord Sandor of House Noorga. The crown heir to his house and Gossa’s older brother. Like his family, the Noorgen plague haunts him every day. He’s in a constant battle with his other self, the other Sandor that wants to control him.

Yet Sandor still remains strong, but for how long? Which one of them will win in the end? The MC can help him in his battle.

He is also a formable commander that can cause havoc across the battlefield. His enemies never see him coming. If romanced, he will cut the tongue of anyone who speaks ill of the MC and will do his best to protect her.

He can be romanced by a female MC.

King Vlad

King Vlad of the Kindom of Avridia. Betrayed by his uncle, Vlad is forced to run away from his kingdom with his mother and some forces loyal to him.

He crossed the empire border seeking the support of The Vorla Empire to reclaim his throne. Unfortunately for him, Emperor Karl is yet to grant him an audience, so Vlad sets his eyes upon his heirs. He will do everything in his power to reclaim his throne, no matter what.

At first, he will see the female MC as nothing more than a naive little girl that can be easily manipulated, but he will be on a tough ride once he finds himself in love.

Prince Karif

Prince Karif of House Morved: A foreigner from a rival empire. He is the sultan’s second child.

Advangerer, fighter, mercenary, and explorer, Karif had the most freedom among his siblings leading him to follow his dream of exploring the world.

From the Far East to the Deep North, Karif wants to experience and explore everything the world has to offer. He would very much love to explore it with the MC.

He can be romanced by a male or female MC.

Lord Oliver

Lord Oliver of House Stefield: Your friend and companion. He was sent to serve you and to secure the alliance between your grandfather and his house.

Oliver wants to be your bodyguard in hopes of raising in status. Unlike his twin sister, Odo is chill and outgoing. He doesn’t care about what others think of him.

Oliver will cherish and love the MC with all of his heart and will do anything for her.

662 Likes

Important, please vote. Nothing to do with the story. Just gathering information.

What is your gender?

What is your gender?
  • Male
  • Female
  • Nonbinary
  • Other

0 voters

Will you play as a prince or princess?

• Prince
  • Princess
  • Both

0 voters

Will you play your MC as a straight, gay, or BI?

• Straight
  • BI
  • Gay
  • Aro

0 voters

54 Likes

I will be honest with you chief
Rewriting it numerous times aren’t it but your work is beautiful. I will give this a try.

Okay guys… I actually advice you to read this… I mean personally find it amazing :joy: and it’s worth a read.

42 Likes

Really hope there are no more rewrites. You dont need to change every single detail based on our whims

43 Likes

What changed exactly? I seem to have missed the whole ‘rewrite’ thing.

5 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

You’re a great writer, I really like your stories and even though being inconsistent can be a little boring I’ll still keep following you! I’m excited for the next updates. Good luck brother.

12 Likes

It sounds interesting, I’m going to play the demo a little later today. I just have three questions based on the description:

1. Is this a series or a standalone?

2. How much time will pass over the course of the book? Because of the “have children” I’d assume at least a few years

3. Are there any male ROs? I ask because the portraits are all of women

21 Likes

I like what you have, but rewriting it constantly will most likely muddle the story in the long run. I would advise trying to get more of the story done before you fret over the details.

But that aside, I think the demo shows a lot of promise and I think you do a very good job of setting up the world. Hope to see more out of this!

20 Likes

Thank you for giving me another chance and glad you enjoyed it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No more, I promise, and the changes were because of major plot holes that needed to be fixed.

Fixed a lot of major plot holes and changed some things, but the core of the story is still the same.

Thank you for giving me another chance. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A series

The first book will probably end by the time the MC is 20. The MC can have a child at 16.

Yes, still working on their portraits.

No more rewrites. I managed to fix most of the problems with the old demos.

Glad that you will still give it a chance.

Both, but some stats are still missing. Will be added with the next update.

Plan to add more unique names too.

I left some hints in the old demos, so it was always planned. :sweat_smile: Some managed to figure it out early on Tumblr.

Fixed. Thanks.

Fixed. Thanks and sorry.

A special thanks for your help. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

Will send you part 2 after I finish it.

And will make sure to add the names.

I was looking for special names to add more flavor text, so yes, that would work.

Fixed thanks and sorry. :sweat_smile: I swear I fixed it before.

Fixed, sorry.

Yes, but I changed them to represent the colors of their houses.

24 Likes

As long as you got a clear goal and understanding of what you are wanting to do and how to proceed with the story, you’re good. Hopefully you’ll be happy with what you got and continue on with it. I’ve said it before this type of story always has allot of potential and I’m always happy to see it.

14 Likes

Is naming your wolf Moon or wolfy just for flavor text or will they actually increase your relationship with your mom or sister?

1 Like

I found a bug. When you try to attract the white cub, the game thinks you tried to attract the mixed wolf

1 Like

fantasizing that Helena and Nrein are fem mc and kela
Aww how cute, it’s beautiful that they love each other so much :heart:

Helena and Nrein kiss:couplekiss_woman_woman:

Oooooh!!!:flushed:
It’s beautiful​:heart::heart::heart::heart:

I really didn’t expect it, even though they always gave that vibe when they got along. XD

7 Likes

ch1 line 3689: increasing indent not allowed, expected 4 was 5

You look beautiful, my lady. I didn’t know that my little brother had such a pretty cousin.

You know what i mean :joy:

6 Likes

@Fat_cat no matter what you rewrite or do. We(me) will follow. It’s a WIP for a reason, because WIP stands for work in progress aka. Anything and everything is susceptible to change! So don’t beat yourself up. We love your writing, as such any story you write I’m sure a lot of us will enjoy :wink:.
rosycheeks-mochi-peach

19 Likes

Wolf names suggestions: Asura, Sköll, Hati, Omen

And congrats again!

4 Likes

Could you have some woof names after different family members who are dead

2 Likes

The MC’s mother is a hypocritical woman. Here she is kissing a girl in the prologue, yet she’s angry when my MC wants to do the same. :flushed:

Love the new demo and looking forward to more. :eyes: :eyes:

13 Likes

This bug

2 Likes