Flame Commander WIP

The update will be pretty limited since i lost some content due to a pc restart. I have made a schedule for next week to make sure that update will have more content than before (1000 words a day schedule). Sorry for the limited updates so far, i will improve on this.

This was interesting! I like that we’ll be commanding the siege and how we’ll have to deal with the different groups within the city. I also really like how we can control how much fervor we have for the inquisition. I like the lore section in the stats screen as well.

I know this is still early into this WIP, but I hope there will be more options in each choice (like the first one where you can only send spies, or the option where you must blockade the river). It would also be nice if there were more description, like when choosing to contemplate the Divine Flame or when meeting the scouts, so that we can learn more about the lore and setting.

I got this bug when choosing to question Lady Swyft – CapturedLady line 46: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

Looking forward to seeing what Lady Swyft has to say! :relaxed:

Thanks for taking a look, I fixed the bug so when I update next week it will run smoothly. I’ll be adding more options and more extensive descriptions as I update it further. I’m working on a graph to keep track of diverging paths based on choices made, which will influence several converging paths at different points in the story.

I’m sorry to say i won’t be able to update for a while due to a vacation, i was unable to finish coding the conclusion to the prisoner situation due to preparations taking longer than expected. I currently have these questions you can ask the captive:

-What was your mission?
-What do you think about the siege?
-Do you think a diplomatic solution is possible?
-Would you be willing to join us?
-What would you do if i released you?
-Who are you exactly?
-What is your family’s history?
-What can you tell me about the city?

If you have any suggestions I’d love to see them. I will resume updating in about 2-3 weeks, i won’t be able to do much coding but i’ll continue writing whenever possible.

Well you could threaten to burn her entire bloodline unless she gives you information.

1 Like

There will be an option for a friendly, neutral or hostile approach to your questioning. This will affect the answers you get. Your suggestion would certainly be a hostile approach.

1 Like

Perhaps we could ask about the Fifth Empire and her thoughts on the Divine Flame.

One thing – could you add a back button when looking at the lore? If you want to look at both official and other sources you currently have to return to the game and then go back to the stat screen.

I’ll be sure to add that, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m back from vacation and working on the next update, probably going to take 1-2 weeks. I want to make sure it’s a bit more substantial.

1 Like

Will there be a navy? Would be interesting if you have use your navy correctly whole siegeing the city

Will you be able to have a personal retinue.

Sorry for my late reply. There will be some naval elements, i’m still considering the extent of this but i am still researching some parts of naval history for inspiration.

Sorry for my late reply. Yes after the first part of the game you will be able to choose the type of retinue you want, you will also be able to recruit several characters to strengthen your forces.

GENERAL UPDATE: I have had less time to work on this due to studying taking more time than expected, i’m still working on this and hope to be able to update once i have structured my currently available time better.

personal retinues had varying strengths of 60 to anything.

This right here is far more important than providing us with free entertainment. You do what you need to do to better yourself first.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.