Female equivalent of 'son'

Pumpkin butter? Oh that’s cute! I’m so going to call my kitty that!

4 Likes

That is an awesome kitty name. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Missy? Sounds the closest to me.

Idk maybe honey, hun,sweety,sweety pie, pumpkin, big head, home-skillet-biscuit, dumpling, darling, dear, my love, kitty, princess. idk but all this sweety pie, pumpkin is making me hungry, i should of ate dinner​:sweat_smile::pensive:

2 Likes

Usually my Uncle just said “Come 'ere ya lil sh*t.” when he called me.

5 Likes

I’m with @Snoe, with Darling. If affectionate.

Names I’ve called my nieces include "Darling, Honey, and Sweety. "

1 Like

Lass and doll were the two that came to mind for me. Doll might be a tad bit too familiar depending on the relationship between the characters.

I’ve heard “kiddo” used in general, has more of a playful vibe, though. Or just “kid.” I got “young lady” a LOT at that age when it was more serious, “missy” or “Miss missy” by my grandfather.

3 Likes

The first one that came to mind was ‘pet’. I didn’t know if it was relevant so I looked it up. Apparently it is a term of endearment specific to the North East of England. There is a detective series named Vera in which the main character calls most of the other characters ‘pet’. It can be a guy or a girl and it can be friendly or passive-aggressive.

If I had to pick from the options already presented in this topic, I think I’ll pick lass.

“Daughter” works if the person speaking is a priest or very similar.

Otherwise, “Lass” would be my generic. “Miss” in the Deep South. “Kid” is generic if condescending.