Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

Ayanami Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion fanboy here ^^

Hmm could someone spin off a favourite romances/love interests crushes or something not in Choice of Games thread elsewhere? And what it is appealing about them. And why we’d want stuff like that in our games.

Late, but I just wanted to say I absolutely pick Ashleigh Wakefield from Deathless.

I’d be up for creating that thread, only I’m fairly new to the forum so I’m not quite sure how to go about that.

Edit: Please ignore this comment, I’ve figured it out myself.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve got a question to breathe some life back into the spirit of this thread…

What type of romance do you enjoy? Be it CoG or elsewhere- what helps you get into one? Do you like torturous tragedies, sweet true-loves, sticking together through all adversity, twisted love-triangles? What’s your ‘thing’?

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed I’m going to say that that one’s a bit off topic. Let’s keep this one specifically to favourite love interests (or those we wish we could have romanced.) I think we do have a few older discussions around asking similar questions to you so if you want to do a search and revive one feel free. If you don’t find any asking the exact same questions in your search then feel free to create a new topic. .

@FairyGodfeather Oh, I’m trying to dig into what people want for a RO. Maybe by discussing those already there, but also branching out into what they wish could be in a CoG but isn’t (kinda like doing a bit of research for my game :wink: ).

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed I figured. I made a similar topic on the subject when I was dreaming of making games. It’s also something I pay attention to, since I’m curious as to what people do want.

I don’t think there’s any universally hated romance options? (That incidentally would be relevant to the thread, asking who’s disliked and why.)

Romantic Options and Regarding Romance and I’m sure there’s others. I think those topics may be old enough that you could start a fresh one. Or start one specific to your own game.

Hmm. Well, I wouldn’t call it hated… but I did think that Black Magic was a ‘explative’… The part with the ultimatum of joining the one team in Heroes Rise II was just a crappy thing to do. I ended up not going along with it, getting broken up with, but still staying true to Black Magic anyway.

Also… I kindof regret getting involved with Heather in Zombie Exodus. I’d much rather have gone the Mindy route- but for some reason, Heather pretty much threw herself at me and I couldn’t say no. ^_^’

I dislike romance options like Andrew in Psy High, I just dislike the cliche of a best friend that has always been in love with you.

It is so overdone and I don’t think many people has done it all that well.

Besides him, I can’t think of any romances that I’ve disliked.

:smiley:

Yes I’d agree with coax regarding Denise. She’s proven worth the additional time added to her plotline.

So far my favorite love interests have been: de Mendoza in CoR, Black Magic in Heroes Rise and E. Ecstasy in Slammed!
My very first playthrough of Slammed! ended up with me forcing Ecstasy out of the competition because I was convinced that he was trying to make a showmance and would throw me under the bus at the first moment. Next, I played the JJ ‘romance’ and it felt completely hollow. Then I played out the Ecstasy romance and completely fell for the character. Now, I can’t imagine playing Slammed! without my character involved with Ecstasy.

Similarly, I can’t play Heroes Rise because my personal canon involves my character being hopelessly in love with and devoted to Black Magic–Lucky, Prodigal, Jenny and Jury just don’t compare.

There probably are better choices in CoR than de Mendoza, but for my character, de Mendoza is her true love. Hands down.

2 Likes

Jenny from Heroes Rise forever and always. <3

1 Like

Prodigal all the way for me. (She reminded me a bit of myself)

1 Like

I ended up abandoning the Black Magic route in the Hero Project twice–b/c I’m squeamish about their secret firstly and then I powered through to the Hero Project but I hate ultimatums so I said ‘fuck you’ and romanced Jenny, Prodigal, and Jury before I ever got to Magic. When I finally did complete their route, I did appreciate the choices you get to make when talking them down on the beach especially the ‘fuck everybody else’ option. Not that I’m a fan of the ‘fuck you got mine’ approach but it was very ooohh that’s different.

2 Likes

Black Magic will always be my favorite. I used to get anxiety when her and I would fight during the Hero Project! I felt like I was actually fighting with a significant other :joy:

My top 3 would probably be:

1. Prodigal from Heroes Rise trilogy (I legit liked her since the first game)
  2. Evelyn Ecstacy from Slammed
  3. Madison Rio from Slammed

I’m surprised no one picked Madison actually, I thought she/he was a brilliant character.

2 Likes

I picked Madison. Like, a hundred posts ago.

I don’t get why no one mentions her either. Might be because her route is somewhat obscure, and she gets overshadowed by Ecstasy.

2 Likes

CoGs:

None so far.

HGs:

Miss Caraway from Tin Star
Christine from Life of a Mobster

WiPs:

None so far.

1 Like

Ashleigh Wakefield from Choice of Deathless
Camille Hawkins from Mecha Ace
Heather from Zombie Exodus