Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

Devlin from ZE! He seems quite unpopular though D: I thought he was brilliant.
JJ from Slammed! Was awesome too, just a shame it’s all right at the end and you don’t see much of it.

1 Like

I was involved in Beta testing CCH; Hedonist’s character got toned down with successive edits on the creep-factor. I was one of the few who liked him from the beginning, but I remember I wasn’t the only tester who thought so. His fans seemed to be primarily “females who have a thing for complicated villains”, though the revisions made him a bit more “misunderstood hero with some power-related boundary issues”.

1 Like

That would explain it, then. When I played CCH last (a long time ago) he was just the “let me sex you if you want a good grade” guy. And I didn’t want to get sexed, man, I just wanted to be fucking batgirl.

5 Likes

@Sashira Does Hedonist in recent versions really changed that much? I played Community College Hero quite long time ago and back then Hedonist was a totally disgusting rapist that made me not want get back to that game again.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call him a rapist. Even at his creepiest he never forces the MC into anything - you can get up and walk away at any time.

@Sneaks Well, there were many occasions that made him very disgusting to me in older version (like even what you said about him “let me sex you if you want a good grade” - that’s a blackmail to rape someone) but it’s more of a disscussion for different topic.

3 Likes

Even I, who seriously had the hots for Hedonist, said “Wait a minute, I would have gotten a good grade anyway! Let me take the actual test!” So that is now a thing. Unscrupulous students can still raise their grade (for me, it was just a pleasant bonus to getting together with my favorite professor.)

I think he will always be a shady guy who raises some moral issues, but the pressure to cross your boundaries has been way toned down. It’s now at the point where I think most people would be comfortable either turning him down, turning him in for being sleazy, or taking him up on his offer but feeling conflicted about it.

If you only want to read stories with respectful healthy relationships and no harassment whatsoever, maybe give it a pass.

Is that an option now? It wasn’t back when i played, and everyone in game seemed to just take his rapey behaviour as being “just creepy”. Back then he also basically said that without having sex with him you won’t get to good university. That’s a rape attempt.
I have no problem with reading stories with conflicted and troubled relationships between people, but a rape attempt without even possibility to act against him (report him, make him go to prison or loose his job for harasment) was a bit too much for me.
But if now i can get him into trouble maybe i’ll give the game another chance.

1 Like

It was back when I started testing (and still is.) You don’t manage to change policies because everything else is going to hell, but you can disagree with his behavior and your friends will support you. In fact, several will be unhappy with you if you play along when he invades their space. People can’t file a formal complaint, which could be upsetting, but it is clearly not okay.

This was pointed out, and I think at this point you can basically raise your B to an A. Still manipulative and inappropriate, but the pressure is much less.

1 Like

@Sashira Thank you for your responses.
So if i understand everything right Hedonist is still disgusting, but not as rapist and now you can act against him. That is much better than what i remember.

Still more to the topic, i’m preeeety sure personally i would not want him as romance interest in that game, that would be just creepy :stuck_out_tongue:

As for other characters from games that i would wish were romance interest, i think maybe your first officer from Apex Patrol (i think it wasn’t a romance option or i missed it :slight_smile: )
Jun from Way Walkers could be an interesting option for a romance blossoming from friendship if done right, but as it is i find it reasonable that they have their own life and love interest.

Doesn’t anyone think Jun being the MC’s brother in a past life makes a romance with him/her a little weird?

Edit: lol spoilers, sorry @FairyGodfeather.

1 Like

@Sneaks Yep, that one’s a major spoiler. So major in fact I’d forgotten about it. Chances are you won’t even discover it on your first play-through. And nope, I never considered it weird. BECAUSE I FORGOT ABOUT IT!!! Oops. :stuck_out_tongue: And even now I remember, nope. Because that was then and this is now and it’s no longer true. Nope.

3 Likes

I also forgot about that until now… .-.

That being said, Jun is a huge favorite of mine. So much pain, but I love it.

On the flip side, I also really liked Preston in Tin Star. That romance was hilarious and surprisingly sweet.

For anyone that haven’t played Way Walkers yet, please don’t read what was written in spoilers!

I think that about Jun It depends how you understand the whole thing with reincarnations, for me it was entirely different lives, so there was no relations between MC and Jun. I guess that with so many inacrnations of people there was quite good possibility that many peoples lives were at some point related to each other, so they dont consider it weird.
Although, i felt completely content with being friends with June and just romance my Semryu :blush: Just it would be interesting to see how author handles the “romance blossoming from friendship” trope.

1 Like

I haven’t actually finished many CoGs so I’m not really sure what to say for myself. Often times the characters I’m most interested in end up being side characters with little major importance. As someone who (I’d like to think) didn’t so much demand, as attempt to coax, @Nocturnal_Stillness into making Denise from Unnatural a more prominent character I’d definitely have to say her.

A lot of people mentioned Black Magic from Heroes Rise, but the fact that they’re completely forced on you, like everything else in that game really damaged it for me… That and they weren’t that interesting to me. Just an another abusive, manipulative, disturbed individual portrayed as a hero. I actually was really interested in Madam Vice as a character. Abusive, manipulative, and disturbed, but she was honest about it, and her powers, personality, plus the fact that she was on the other side of the law could have made the whole idea of a romance really interesting. Of course Heroes Rise One was absolutely not about choice in any way… and she falls into a plot hole midway through and dies. :frowning:

6 Likes

I need Romance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
About Fav ROs:

CoG:
Choice of the Deathless:
Ashley Wakefield: tsundere rivals/friends to lovers, couldn’t miss him. :blush:
I was also very touched when Vega said “Then don’t you dare die on me, or I will break the world to get you back” :grin:
Psy High: Carl (Don’t like drugs thing, though)
Slammed!: Ecstacy. The romance was beautiful and believable.
Heroes Rise Series:
Jury: He was hot.
I loved Black Magic too, still Jury was more interesting.

HG:
Fatehaven:
Bregan: I always love childhood friends to lovers trope and Bregan was so cute. The ending was great.
I loved Patch too. He made me tear up.
Zombie Exodus:
Devlin: An bad boy, couldn’t resist him.
Tom: Eh, no reason :disappointed_relieved:
Tin star:
Preston. The romance with him was funny as hell.
The Lost Heir: Gill
Life of a Mobster: Alex (Even if this love was doomed) :cry: .
Unnatural: Victor. He was interesting :flushed:

Wips:
Guen: Lancelot: my knight in shining armor, and I love his personality.
Monsters of New Haven High: Hunter.
Team Zero: Alex :sob:
Dragoneer: Logan :smiley:

I found Hawkins from Mecha Ace intriguing too but haven’t managed to get happy ending with him :neutral_face:

8 Likes

That’s the great thing about the Hawkins romance- of all the ROs in all the games, getting a happy ending with Hawkins is the toughest thing to achieve.

But the ending is rewarding. Not in a fluff sort of way, but I feel that’s the ending that really gives you the best closure to the story.

4 Likes

Hey, just curious, but am I the only person who Hawkins reminded of Zex from the Gundam animes? (and off subject, but a -really- great mecha anime I want to recommend is Aldnoah.Zero)

Definitely Evelyn and Madison from Slammed! and the Black Magic from Heroes Rise!

Those were the ROs that made me fall in love with CoG and that’s why I joined the forum! The two ROs from Slammed! gave me a bittersweet feeling after the story had ended. I even tweeted to Paolo asking for more but to no avail :frowning:.

Hopefully the games to come bring me back to the feelings of wanting to finish the story yet not bearing to part with it!

1 Like

-Spits out drink furiously-
YOU CAN RO THE BLACK WIDOW IN HEROES RISE?!??!?
Tell me how cause I can’t seem to figure it out.

3 Likes