Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

Going down the list:

Fatehaven- Silvana.
The Lost Heir: Fall of Daria- Jess.
Tin Star- Lady Carraway.
Life of a Mobster- Taylor.

Other romances aren’t developed fully (As great as Choice of Kung Fu was, your spouse was mentioned maximum ten times) or simply didn’t embed a lasting impression in my memories.

…Upon retrospect, I may need to consider a healthy session of introspection, considering that all these characters are potential sociopaths.

1 Like

Tin star – JT Preston, Yiska and Caraway.
Slammed – Ecstasy and JJ.
Way Walkers – Semryu.
Zombie Exodus – Devlin and Mindy.
Unnatural – Lakota, Scarlet, Denise, and Craig/Sarah.

1 Like

Well most of mine have been mentioned, but Prodigal deserves an extra mention for being such a terrible person and a great love interest. I think you break Jenny’s brain when she realizes you’re in love with her.

3 Likes

I like having the option to romance someone in the games, because it’s… so cute :smile: Maybe it’s not vital, but I do enjoy a bit of love once in a while :blush: Too bad sometimes the romance isn’t really developed :disappointed:

CoG:

Choice of Romance: the Monarch. He’s so manipulable it’s fun to mess with him :smiling_imp: Although the game’s name is “Choce of Romance”, as others have said, actually there’s little love.
Psy High: Andrew. He’s sooo cute :heart_eyes: Carl is fun, but Andrew is just… adorable. I can’t help it, he’s like a puppy.
Choice of Robots: the robot companion :laughing: Close behind is Eiji.
Hollywood Visionary: the grip, but I have the feeling the romance there isn’t really… developed, pretty much like with the actor.

HG:

The Lost Heir: for some reason I really liked Theo :laughing: Dunno, maybe because he’s the one you can interact more with? Gill and Jace are close behind.

WiPs:

Guenevere: Lancelot :heart_eyes: Arthur is nice and all, but Lancelot is so full of angsts…

7 Likes

Deathless

Obv Ashleigh Wakefield- has a unique personality.

Fatehaven

Patch- Nice to have an NPC that makes fun of you.

The Lost Heir

That evil dark mage Lich person. Because they are hard to get (>*•*<)
1 Like

I’m glad to see some of my own characters getting mentions as it means I did something right.

EDIT: Another question we’ve mentioned our faves but now which characters did you WISH were love interests?

2 Likes

Origami from CCH. Though apparently there’s a rock-solid explanation why it can’t be.

1 Like

Why hasn’t anyone mentioned lords of aswick’s love interests?

The who I wanted to be a love interest is easy.

Jun from Waywalker’s University. Aha! I actually wrote up something about this during the Way Walker’s 2 beta test, so I’ll just copy and paste in here. Way Walkers 1&2 spoilers commence!

Jun was my friend, ever since we both got accepted, and we linked arms in celebration. We shared chores together, and he was there when everyone else thought I was too stuck up to work when really I was just shy and nervous. He was by my side when we were attacked by the land-drake, and I saved his life, and listened as he ranted about Cael, without judging him. I went to orientation with him, turning down Sem’s offer, and my heart sank when he introduced me to Ay’cura. Ay’cura who seemed like such a terrible gossip, but it was so obvious that Jun liked her, and he stopped having so much time for me, even though we shared a room.

Jun who I tried to explain how I felt by sending him affection during class, to let him know he was the most important person and how much he meant.

Jun who I joined the newspaper with so I could hang around him more, trailing after him like a puppy. Going along to the study group, and trying not to hurt too much when he clearly only had eyes for Ay’cura.

Jun, who warned me against going with Sem, who told me of his vision. So I ended up covering the show with him instead, taking him back stage and tried to get a good interview. and who during the attack, I turned back for, dying in order to save him. Jun who was the one who dragged me out of the wreckage and made sure I had a body to return to.

Jun who was there as I struggled with a broken body, which no longer worked as it should, and I tried to come to terms with my disability. Jun who I’d wake up from his nightmares and offer any sort of comfort I could. I was the only one Jun trusted enough to invite along with him to Lady Xin. I didn’t judge him for all the horrors he’d endured. I knew what it was like to have a body that didn’t work as it should, and in a little way I could empathise with the horrors he was enduring having someone else taking over, of being terrified of this great evil inside him. I did everything I could to try and help him, to try and give him the strength to overcome the Red within him. And when I fought, I spoke of how wonderful Jun was, using the power of my love, in order to lend the strength Jun needed to realise how amazing he was and to defeat the evil inside him.

So it was heart-breaking that he didn’t even realise I wanted to ask him to the dance as more than a friend. That he then asked me to help him ask Ay’cura out and shrugged off my comments about how I’d asked him first, and it was unfair of him to ask me to help. Although I did try my very best to be happy for him, the smiles hurt seeing them so perfect for eachother, so happy together. Even Sem couldn’t really cheer me up, and everyone going on about how great they were together stung. Even my Guide didn’t understand.

Although truly I’m as fond of the idea of the whole unrequited love idea as I am of a doomed relationship.

@Zanite I’d be a very vocal voice against Origami being a love interest, for the very reason that I suspect she’s not an option. That’s a spoiler though. But I’ll agree that there’s a rock solid explanation why it can’t be. Now Combat Wombat…

5 Likes

Lancelot from Guenevere, Caraway from Tin Star. Lancelot plays into my cheeky, boyish knight fantasies. Hoping there’s more development with him that doesn’t involve the crazy passion from the spell or love potion that’s influencing him

And Caraway is just awesome. I adore her.

2 Likes

@FairyGodfeather

I’ve been playing Waywalkers/Waywalkers II recently, too. Except I chose a female MC so went for Semryu, who is loveably clueless at first. XD I really like Jun’s character, though- she’s the kind of gal I’d probably chase irl.

1 Like

Where’s your Jun poem? Didn’t you write a poem? Or was that someone else…

@Zanite Paper beats rock. That’s the rock-solid explanation.

I think most of the love interests I wanted implemented actually were, eventually. Jury in Heroes Rise, who I wanted to romance despite him being a jerk, because in the grand scheme of things, being a jerk is nothing compared to being a mass-murderer, or an emotional vampire. Also, I felt rather sorry for him, in Heroes Rise he’s the only character that’s less competent than I am. I felt we had an affinity.

And I did spend a while on the politics scene in Choice of Romance, trying to get de Vega to like me because I found him intriguing. I just didn’t like how things were implemented in the third game, I felt that in becoming a romantic option he lost a lot of what I found interesting about him.

@Mirabella Poem? Nope. I have no idea what you’re talking about. :wink:

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed You can’t get more clueless than Jun though.

4 Likes

@FairyGodfeather

Unless the romance plot for Jun and Semryu is the same. Does Jun have no clue that you’re on a date at the dance until you explain it to her? Because Semryu has absolutely no clue you asked him out even after you’ve both gotten there. XD

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed It’s worse. You cannot date Jun at all. They are utterly oblivious to your interest in them. And if you point blank tell them then you will get your heart broken into a thousand different pieces since not only are they not interested, but everyone, including your guide tells you they’re better off with Ay’cura.

That Semryu stuff was very teenage melodrama to me. Which I know everybody else loved, same as there’s a lot of love for Psy High. I think both games hit the same notes in regards to school, capturing aspects of being a teen that I’ve never been able to relate to. Whereas, for me, I think my favourite teenage protagonist is Neighbourhood Necromancer, since I just related far more to having a crappy teenage life and summoning the undead to get revenge, than I did to the teenage romances of Way Walkers and Psy High. (I did actually enjoy all three games.)

2 Likes

D’aww… She does seem absolutely thrilled with Ay’cure, and it’s rather cute- but I’d probably be the kind of guy who would, alas, get that broken heart. sniffle She seems so wonderful- she’s one of my favorite characters in all the stories so far.

I haven’t played Neighborhood Necromancer. But yes, both Way Walkers and Psy High (and the WIP Monsters of New Haven High) evoke a sort of nostalgia. It’s a really good feeling, even though back in Highschool I wasn’t in the dating scene and was more or less an outcast. It’s fun to play games like that armed with the wisdom of all the more years.

1 Like

That’s the best part of the Prodigal romance, watching everyone else try to wrap their heads around the fact that, yes this is happening and yes, the two of you appear to be serious about it. (Inasmuch as Prodigal can appear to be serious about anything.)

1 Like

Characters I wish were love interests? Not sure why but I would have liked Mach Girl from the Hero Project to be one. I don’t know why, I just really enjoyed the brief time we were able to interact. Fingers crossed for the next Heroes Rise game!

I liked mach girl too… But what do you mean next one?

The author of those games is working on a new, original game with ‘roughly’ the same theme. Basically, you’re playing a different Super.

Though it might be a villain this time around, considering the WIP I’ve recently seen posted seeking beta testers. Or that might not be it. Don’t know.