-Lakota and Victor from Unnatural
-Ashleigh from Choice of Deathless

As for WiP’s:
-Lancelot from Guenevere
-Hunter and Carl from Monster High
-Hector from Choice of Rebels
-Damon and Alex from Team Zero
-Adrian and Felton from Peace We Die
(I could add Dragoneer too, but we still don’t know who are the RO’s, so I’ll leave it for now XD)

7 Likes

:small_red_triangle:Evelyn Ecstasy from Slammed
:small_red_triangle:Morgana from Guenevere
:small_red_triangle:Black Magic from Heroes Rise
:small_red_triangle:Heather from ZE
:small_red_triangle:Ashleigh Wakefield from Deathless

I still loved the Choice of Romance trilogy as well, but hopefully there will be more Romance related games in the future. :grin:

3 Likes

Psyched by the love for my ROs, thanks everyone who named one. :smile:

I think my favorites would have to be Preston from Tin Star, closely followed by Carrie, and I also loved Prodigal from Heroes Rise. I’m sure there are more, but those spring to mind. I like 'em crazy and/or ruthless.

Thought of one more - Community College Hero is in mid-release, but The Hedonist is all kinds of sexy. I drew a pin-up of him at one point.

10 Likes

Top Ten list of romances in CoG’s WIP’s and HG’s in no particular order:

1. Madison from SLAMMED!
  2. Carl/a from Psy High
  3. Mindy from Zombie Exodus
  4. Patch from Fatehaven
  5. Miss Caraway from Tin Star
  6. Feng from Kung Fu
  7. Arthur from Guenevere
  8. Evelyn from SLAMMED!
  9. Heather from Zombie Exodus
  10. Pretty much all the RO’s from Monster High XD.

So, yeah. That wasn’t exactly 1 Love Intrest. It was at least multiple.

6 Likes

I love Carl from Psy High. E.Ecstasy was cute. Ashleigh Wakefield also hot :wink:

I guess I must check out Way Walkers (that fangirls train got me intrigued)

4 Likes

Mhmm, Shelley from Way Walkers 2 was pretty good.
Hawkins from Mecha Ace wasn’t bad either.
Cailen from Lords of Aswick
Elly from Choice of Robots

Lolz, I think those were my favourites.

1 Like

Like most people here, I can’t pick just one. Beware of extensive lists below.

CoG:

Evelyn Ecstasy (Slammed) - The scene where she drags you out of your funk by quoting your own words back at you remains one of my favourite CoG scenes of all time.

Camille Hawkins (Mecha Ace) - I dislike damsel in distress tropes and I much prefer ROs that can kick ass alongside you. And they don’t come more badass than the Blue Masque.

Prodigal (Heroes rise series) - Prodigal is like a fractured diamond. Beautiful, brilliant and inescapably broken. For me that lends the romance a surprisingly tragic feel at times. However Prodigal’s irrepressibly hammy nature, coupled with the game lampshading just how insane this relationship is, ensure that the romance can also be damn funny in places.

Feng (Choice of Kung Fu) - I have a thing for kitsune and/or huli jing in general and I had a great deal of fun matching wits with her.

As for WIPs:

Artemis, Wendy and Victoria (Monster High) - Gah! I just can’t pick one. Seriously @Sashira you write awesome characters. I really cannot decide which one I like the best, I mean Artemis is so delightfully tsundere, but then Victoria is so elegant and classy, but then Wendy is so sweet and nice and… (descends off into incoherent babbling)

I may add more to this list as they occur to me later.

8 Likes

One of my favorites was Emmanuel\le from Orpheus Ruse. Always found their dynamic interesting.

2 Likes

This thread made me want to replay some games and try romances i didnt choose yet :smile:
If we count only romances from CoGs and HG those are my favorites:

Semryu from Way Walkers - In times he seems more essential for the story than the MC, there are plenty of cute scenes with him (like just sitting on a window nook embraced by him and talking)

Mindy from Zombie Exodus - long game with many interactions with you LI, she had strong willed personality; the first romance i red in choice game.

Patch from Fateheaven - cute relationship; that one scene (no spoilers) got me really emotional for a game.

Kasador from Apex Patrol - interesting to stand against love of your life (if you play it that way) turned evil mastermind.

Annika from The ORPHEUS Ruse - dynamic of the relatioonship, first friends, later fighting against each other (even when still caring for eachother) then fighting together, also required bit more from player than just picking that option to advance relationship and get happy ending with her.

de Vega from Choice of Romance - i always liked that character through the first books so the advances at last part were quite unexpected but welcomed :blush:

There are many more that i enjoyed a lot that deserve mentioning, and others already mentioned them :stuck_out_tongue: Or that i just forget right now.

As for WIPs ofcourse Arthur and Morgana from Guenevere for reasons too many to count in short comment :smile:

8 Likes

That one scene was ughhhhhh so many tears.

Oh my absolute favorite is Mecha Ace’s Watanabe. I loved that romance, and the Run for Office ending was my favorite.

1 Like

I’ll bite.

Here are some of my favorite ROs, may include both completed games and WIPs.

1. Carrie Hartigan, Tin Star: You can feel the chemistry and passion whenever she interacts with your MC. Plus her being a badass gunslinger and a heavy drinker scores more points with me.

2. Mindy, Zombie Exodus: While I liked Heather, I felt the romance started too “outta nowhere” if you get what I mean. I always preferred the scenes with Mindy and she just seemed more compatible with the MC whenever I played. And you can tell she’s absolutely in love with you.

3. Dirty Girl, Community College Heroes: Surprised to see nobody mention her before me. Thought she was great. Lots of fun romancing DG.

4. Camille Hawkins and Asadi, Mecha Ace: Mecha Ace is my favorite game on this site and I loved both ROs. Wasn’t too interested in Watanabe or the other one, but these two were awesome. Hawkins really makes you work hard to win her over and if you do get that ending, it feels earned. Asadi shows great character development too and gives you the feeling of going to war with your loved one right beside you, both being capable of immense badassery. Love it.

5. Alison, Psy High: Best friends turned lovers done well.

2 Likes

Hmm I’ve never been able to romance Hawkins, although I have tried many times. @HitenMitsurugi

1 Like

@masterx

To get a happy ending with Hawkins is probably one of the hardest things in Mecha Ace. You need high piloting and presence, you need to be more warrior than diplomat and you need to espouse a similar philosophy of fighting for fighting’s sake. There are a few other step but they could be classed as spoilers and I’m not sure how to go about blurring that out.

4 Likes

My favourite romance is probably E. Ecstasy in Slammed. There were quite a few options to interact with him/her and I found the relationship refreshingly drama free.

A close second for me would be Semyru. Aside from being an interesting character, I enjoyed how the transition from friendship to romance was handled.

Black Magic is another favourite of mine. At first I didn’t think I would enjoy romancing someone so self-absorbed and needy, but the relationship drama added a lot to the story. It was a new experience to romance someone who required your ongoing support to keep it together. Considering that you were the newbie heroine and he/she the veteran, it made for an interesting dynamic.

Oh, and I have high hopes for the Hunter romance in Monster High. There is so much potential for conflict, I can’t wait for the finished game.

4 Likes

You need to act like war obsesed psycho like Hawkins to romance them (like sacrifice your crew and civilians, fight whenever possible) and be great pilot. There are some required certain choices at the end i think, but i suggest visiting Mecha Ace thread for it.

1 Like

I think I’m unable to just pick one, mainly because I have a favorite for most of the games (both CoG and Hosted).

I usually pick the love interest with whom I have the most things in common OR that seems misunderstood and gets less crazy later on.

While I played almost all of the CoG and Hosted games, I’ll just list my favorites for I didn’t like all possible romances.

Choice of Romance: De Mendosa (major bonus points for coming back in part III and trying to seduce my MC again xD)
Heroes Rise trilogoy: Black Magic (part 2 felt very OOC but they got better in the final game) .
Slammed!: E. Ecstasy (never expected to enjoy a novel about wrestling, also Ecstasy is adorable)
The ORPHEUS Ruse: Annika (I liked her the most, especially when you didn’t save her and she gets upset about the way she looks. Those insecurities make her human to me and not just a superpowered fighting machine.)
Choice of the Deathless: A. Wakefield (Wakefield! I really like them. Their arrogance made me laugh several times. I also liked the fight against the demon, I got to save them by being very persuasive and it made the whole scene pretty emotional.)
Psy High: Allison (I always pick her, she’s so sweet and caring it makes me grin like a maniac.)
Choice of Robots: My own custom made se-companion bot! I NEVER expected to pick a robot over a human, but this game made it happen.

Now for the hosted games:
Apex Patrol: Kasador (I should write this in capital letters, I like yandere!Kasador so much that I wanted it to be canon. ‘I’l make a fitting pyre for us both’ is my favorite quote)
Unnatural: Denise (You can save her from certain doom and I like her interactions, it feels like the two of you grow together rather than just ‘Hey I just met you but let’s hook up’.)
Fatehaven: Sylvana (With a major BUT because I really disliked the ending. I wanted to be able to save my friends, not to be dropped in another timeline. Also she could’ve just told me things y’know… Bridget is a close second but I disliked herin the ‘new’ timeline. Lastly Patch felt more like a friend to me than a LI.)

And lastly games that haven’t been released yet:
Guenevere: Morgana (I’ve secretly always wanted to romance her and I hated that she became a villain in Merlin. Not all black magic is evil.)
Magikiras: Morgan (I’m starting to see a pattern, maybe it’s the name.:stuck_out_tongue: Not gonna say much because this character is a walking spoiler so far, but I want a happy ending.)
Fallen Hero: Ortega! I really like this character and the awkward conversations I’ve had with them so far. I’m pining for more.

So this about sums it up, I’m still unable to only pick one because some characters have grown on me and their respective MC’s as well (I create a different MC for every game, makes it easier for me to differentiate between the games).

13 Likes

Not going to lie, romance is a huge factor in whether I like a game or not. Probably bad but I don’t enjoy a game as much if there isn’t a good romance for me. That said, my favorites would have to be, in no particular order:

CoG:

1. Heroes Rise: Prodigal. I liked Black Magic a bit too but their actions in the second game annoyed me a bit.
  2. Slammed: JJ. I liked how basically everything in the game was built up due to your rivalry, and finally ending up together. Ecstasy was pretty great, too.
  3. Choice of the Deathless: Ashleigh Wakefield. She was a very lively character and I loved her personality. Having to save her from the demon was interesting as well.
  4. Psy High: Haven’t played this in a while but I liked the romance with Carla.

Hosted:

1. Zombie Exodus: This game was what introduced me to CoG and it’s forever going to be my all-time favorite of every game on this site. A lot of my affinity toward this game is from the romance. I loved Heather. She’s one of the less popular romances–most people tend to gravitate toward Mindy and Devlin. But Heather had certain qualities about her that made me prefer her over all the others. She has a lot of dimensions and depth to her, which I will always love.
  2. Unnatural: Denise. Your relationship with her is very realistic and the romance isn’t out of nowhere.
  3. Fatehaven: Sylvana. I haven’t played the game in a while but I remember liking the romance with her.
9 Likes

Dan Schmidt from Tin Star ~*

4 Likes

Allison from psy high, i dunno why, maybe i like the shy caring types, but that moment when you get the choise to go out with her made me blush in real life!

1 Like

Putting in my vote for Wakefield from Deathless too!

3 Likes