Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

I agree, after that scene I couldn’t even try to romance grace or Alexandra. It really showed how far finch would go for the mc and I also like the fact that the relationship grew overtime. Like it started with friendship and grew into something more. I don’t think it’s possible to continue the romance with him if you’re a healer. I think he does ask if he can call upon you every now and then though. There is this small scene on the healer path with finch that I didn’t discover until later and I loved it.

2 Likes

Dear looord, where to begin!

Lancelot and Arthur from Guenevere. I just found this WIP and I am completely in love with it. Completely. I adore both of these guys, I mean Lancelot is just…man. And Arthur is just so ridiculously sweet and adorable, how can you not love him?

Both Silas and Clotho from Choice Of The Vampire. What can I say, I have a thing for the ache of tragic love.

2 Likes

I actually went and bought Sixth Grade Detectives 'cause you got my curiosity piqued. And you’re right. AJ’s romance is adorable in a tuff way. Kinda reminds me of a tamer romance with Carl from Psy High, but honestly? The game felt more like a high school story than a middle school one to me. :joy: I’m just like… everyone’s supposed to be, like, twelve years old. So I’m like… Why is Evan, a 12 year old, apparently working as a makeup artist at the store? Where are these twelve year olds pulling out $50/$100?! I wish I was able to just materialize that much money when I was twelve. Also, not gonna lie, the idea of a 12 year old punk kid with a leather jacket made me laugh a li’l.:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I do agree that Sixth Grade Detective felt more like a story set in high school, but I will give the writer credit for at least trying a different age group than is commonly seen in a Choice of Game.

That said, I also would have liked a little more ‘detective’ stuff in it. I realize one can’t go whole Encyclopedia Brown, but the fact the “case” you are on gets solved whether you do anything or not was a little disheartening as well.

But I admit, I did like Shashi, and Corley as well.

Agreed, but honestly, after the first case, it felt like all of the options that were obviously meant to be representative of an actual twelve year old just sort of… vanished? Like, how many times during the first case were there options to essentially have tantrums or burst into tears from being caught by an adult or something similar? Quite a few. Then they just seemed to have faded off into the background.

I will agree with you on that as well :slight_smile: A few more scenes like that would have helped reinforce the game as starring younger characters than they did.

This is just speculation on my part, but I wonder if the writer ran out of time, and Choice of Games said to finish it up, which might explain why some parts of it seem bare, not to mention bug-ridden. I won’t go on about the dance scene too much if you dated Vitessa.

Did I just see Holli Would? J’adore.

Sixth Grade Detective was a riot. At that age I may or may not have still had a head full of Barbies. Now if only AJ would have been more open-minded. At least Evan was down/up for the poly.

As for most beloved of loved, I must echo many here:

Steampunk’s Finch. Ah Finch. Duty before love? Then not being supportive when it was our MC’s turn? How little I knew ye.

Slammed’s Evan Ecstasy. The pocket boyfriend. So precious you would carry him there if only physics allowed.

Apex’s Kasador. Mad obsession, dark all-consuming supernova, ecstatic fatal attraction.
He made it work for me…And no :rabbit2: were harmed.

Vampire’s Silas. Several paragraphs and (shakes fist at the Authors That Be).

A Wise Use of Kyle. When his hair got softer so did he.[/not innuendo]

Unnatural Lakota. A powerful being who likes snugglies? Sold.

Waywalker’s Sem, the cheeky little bugger.

Black Magic. In The Prodigy. Only. (Philip J. Fry narrowed gaze)

This says nothing for all those magnetic WIP romances. Adonis and Radjack, I’m looking at you…

5 Likes

Flynn/Faye from The Sea Eternal is just <33333s for me. (Although I haven’t managed to get their ending yet. Bluh.) It probably has a lot to do with the complexity of their situation, and being also a trans person in real life gives me a lot of sympathy for whatever choices they make.

I wish there were more openly trans characters, especially more openly trans RO’s, in both CoG and HG. Gimme more defiantly lesbian characters, too. (Yes, both can feel like “instant backstory, just add water!”, but if written right it’s just one of their characteristics, something they’ve been through that may or may not influence them.)

3 Likes

I love
Denise : Unnatural
Ash Wakefield : Deathless
Semryu : Way Walkers
Breeze and Oli : Versus
Damien : Vampire house
Jess : City of Thirst
Camille Hawkins : Mecha Ace
Morgan and Luiz : Magikiras

And No nose even though he wasn’t a love interest. There’s more too lol

Hosted Games

Double/Cross: I liked all the love interests, but my favorites were Christopher and Opal

Community College Hero: Hedonist :heart:

Choice of Games

Heroes rise series: Jury and Prodigal

Ratings War: Early :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Can you romance the Hedonist in CCH? Or will he be in the next game?:o

Who’s Aaron in Choice of Robots if you don’t mind me asking?:o lol

I definitely don’t mind you asking :slight_smile: He’s your company’s rival (though I don’t remember his company’s name at the moment).

Isn’t that Meta-Human Inc?

(I’m guessing. Heroes Rise also has an Aaron but he’s not in charge of a company.) :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh my gosh, I think you’re right. There I go again, getting everything all mixed up! Man, exactly where is my head? lol

2 Likes

Heroes Rise - Jury: I wasn’t all that impressed with Black Magic or Lucky, so I went with the jerk. But I love this jerk so it works out. still sulking at the fact that my MC and Jury broke up in Redemption…

Choice of Deathless - Ashleigh Wakefield: I must agree with everyone else. He had a personality that I loved and couldn’t help but go after him

Zombie Exodus - Devlin: Tom’s an asshole, and Devlin striker me as interesting. Pursued him, and glad I did. He’s such a flirt

Choice by Gaslight - Garret Finch: Brave, cunning, and basically your best friend, I just had to romance him

Creatures Such As We - Andres Ingrid: He comes off as confident and witty, but when I tried his path, there was another side that you couldn’t help but feel for him. And loved the moon scene you get near the end with him.

Slammed! - JJ: The hidden romance! Once friends and great rivals, it felt great beating him, and better finding out you could romance him

Way Walkers - Semryu: C’mon. My MC spent the most time with him and he has a great personality. And his obliviousness to you when you first ask him out is hilarious

Community College Hero - Stunner: I don’t really know why, but I just felt drawn to him the most, bittersweet ending between us, but I hope it gets better moments in the sequel!

6 Likes

I haven’t played Redemption yet, didn’t know that could happen! Is it something that happens regardless of choices made? Guess I’ll import my BM romance save haha.

For me it’s semryu from way walkers, or possibly miss caraway from tin star

Edit: wow just noticed semryu is one of the super heart throbs of this thread :flushed:

1 Like

Yep. Happens regardless of your choices.

I can’t pick just one but 3 I can remember well are:
prodigy from hero’s rise series. Like a bad girl :wink: plus like her character arc and found her quite relatable actually.
then there’s heather from zombie exodus. need I say more she’s awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:
and finally your childhood friend/the ninja from the opposite side from choice of the ninja(sorry not played in ages) again the bad girl factor. but also due to the history, but mostly the bad girl factor especially considering what you have to do in order to get the romantic ending with her lol.