Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

OH! I always end up doing the popular route. Hmm… I’ll go check this out asap

1 Like

New favourite romances from new games:

Jess from Lost Heir 2. Jess didn’t appeal to me very much in Lost Heir 1, mostly because she was viewed to be evil and arrogant. This changed once I saw her romance side in the second installment. Jess is far from evil. This has been proven by the fact that she refuses to use her power to full potential when she found out the terrible cost of it and shows mercy to people who wronged her if you two have a good rel stat. She’s also incredibly insecure, this only shows through the romance. Visibly upset when people don’t want her to be consort and in the romance scene when she comes into the MC’s quarters after being harassed. She’s very tense and struggles with emotion when we show her affection, but you can see she’s learning to embrace this kindness after so many years or torment. She’s arrogant and cold because that’s what people expect her to be. Revealing this new side of her has shot her up to the top romance for the LH trilogy.

D.G from CCH. She was the most fun and comical character in the game and made a fantastic first impression. What her romance had that others didn’t in CCH was she has a deep and troubling problem. All the others don’t seem to have much of an issue except Crook and D.G’s problem doesn’t get solved right away and will most likely continue throughout the rest of the trilogy. This gives the romance true purpose, I feel like I’m really earning this relationship by helping her overcome this and it will be very rewarding once I accomplish this.

The Countess from Diabolical. Why? Russian accent, throwing knives and betrayal around every corner. This was the best romance when it comes to a villain game. The frenemy feeling you get with her is perfect and finally teaming up together at the end made the game a fantastic experience.

6 Likes

My top choices would have to be Miss Caraway from Tin Star, Gabriel(a) from Choice of Romance, Heather and Mindy from Zombie Exodus, and Mob from Community College Hero (I guess I’m a sucker for hosted games). Both Jenny and Prodigal from Heroes Rise get honorable mentions, though, as does Clotho from choice of the Vampire and Hailey from Psy High.

forgot to mention Tress (Community College Hero), Ash Wakefield (Choice of the Deathless), and Elly from (Choice of Robots)! And Tracey from Ratings War. What can I say, I have a lot of favorites.

1 Like

Black Magic from The Heroes Rise series – he’s a hot mess but it’s an interesting dynamic with him
Vega from Deathless – it’s the rich, dark, and brooding thing
Jace from The Lost Heir trilogy – not a legitimate love interest (and I really want that to change hellooooo) but still…
Luke from Yeti’s Parole Officer – the sass is real

5 Likes

How do you get Jess/Jace’s romantic option? It’s like pulling teeth and I feel like if I try and get that arc any more, its not even worth it because I have to go so off character!

Here’s my strategy to romance her in the first one:

-Choose Petra/Peter as your childhood friend.
-Hold your hand out for a shake when Jess is introduced.
-Defend Jess when Petra/Peter shuns them.
-Chat with Jess (DO NOT go into her tent at night.)
-When the bloodwasp scene triggers, tell Petra/Peter to thank Jess.
If you lose your sleeproll, ask Jess if you can share (Requires 60 evil or 60 Charm.)
-Listen to the consortiums and then poison the soldiers, Jess will like that.
-Talk to the Jess when you’re at your home village (train with her if you need a relationship boost.)
-After that, Jess should be at 80 rel. Stat and if you have 60 evil or 60 charm, tell her you like her and she will accept you. If you play it right, you should still remain good friends with Petra/Peter.

Jess is a lot better in LH2. She shows a more passionate and sensitive side.

2 Likes

Wow, can’t believe I just found this thread. Anyway my favorite:

Evelyn (SLAMMED!).
Ashley Wakefield (“Aside from the fact you’re an irreverate smart ass?”).
Lucky/Aura (Heroes Rise).

And most importantly, Lady Katarina d’al Cazarosta from Guns Of Infinity.

4 Likes

Hmm… this is tricky. Okay I’m going to put Garrett Finch from A Study in Steampunk (Hes probably my favorite CYOA character, period.) His romance was beautifully played out and emotionally heart-wrenching (especially so depending on which way you played the game) and it was probably the most invested I’ve ever been in a CYOA RO.I could go on but… well, for the sake of brevity I’m keeping each of these short.

Second would be Breeze from Versus. Just soon as they appeared I knew, yep, they were it. They were going to be my RO. Adios Venuma and anyone else who may pop up because Ive found a lost puppy and I’m going to love them. Then the longer the game went on… the more I knew I’d made the right decision.

Third I’ll have to put either Semryu from Waywalkers or Ashleigh Wakefield from Deathless because both were so much fun to read. Semryu is just such and interesting character and I adore the rivalry the MC had with Ashleigh.

Fourth would have to be Black Magic because… WOW, that was one of the most dramatic romances. Just the sheer thrill and drama of it made it feel so intense and gripping so I adores playing it out. Also again a tie because Steelheart from Diabolical was an amazing RO and again I’m a sucker for a good rivalry-romance.

Of course my honorable mention goes to Silas from Vampire because that was one of the first CYOA games I’d ever played and I’m still sobbing from him.

3 Likes

Villeneuve from Broadside. He I liked that he (or she) was an enemy turned friend and it made the ending so much more intense. And Prodigal in Heroes Rise was entertaining just for how crazy she is and people’s reactions.

1 Like

He is adding romances in this one? Yussssss!

It’s interesting to see how people react to different characters.

So to broaden the topic. We’ve already discussed what your favourite love interest is now which characters do you wish were possible love interests?

1 Like

Jon Tarr from Metahuman, Inc. - although in his case, he was just my favourite character and I would have been happy for any excuse to spend more time around him.

And that brings me to another broadening of the topic - mostly, it’s not so much that I wish there were more romance options. I usually find myself wishing I had more opportunities to develop friendships with interesting characters, and that those friendships (or lack thereof) would affect the game at large.

On the other hand, that makes for a LOT of coding.

1 Like

Who do I wish was a love interest?
Ay’cura from Way Walkers University.
Darn you Jun!

1 Like

I (and I noticed I’m not alone in this) would really have liked for Stoic from Community College Hero to be romance-able! :smile:

8 Likes

I was hoping for a star-crossed dragon-goblin romance in Choice of the Dragon.

Alas, it was not to be.

11 Likes

Possible romances.

Sir Arthur from Lord of Aswick because if you played this game you’ll know why.

James Pierce from A Study In Steampunk, most of you might know him as that dying soldier from that super intense prologue.
If he survives you can choose to like males and have a war time love affair with him but he got designated to another place. I was really expecting him to return which didn’t happen.

Jon Tarr from Meta Human- because out of the three possible head of department he was the best.

Anaru Katariki from Meta human.

Jason from Zombie Exodus - The guy keeps a severed finger which is weird but I think the tech geek was cool and would nhave liked to romancd him.

Barnabas from wise use of time - because I like crazy people…

Alex from Slammed.

Some frustrating romances

Chiros from Champion of the Gods because even if can have a relationship with him that pesky destiny thing prevents you from ending up with him.

I would also like to mention those few romaces you cant “truly” get because of reasons… death mainly I’m looking at you Choice of The Vampire and also prodigal.

2 Likes

I agree, just think about the drama if we could have pursued a relationship or reklindle it with James Pierce after Finch made his choice… :smile:

3 Likes

Huh. Interesting question…

I’d say Malaya from WUOT. She was the most interesting character in the game and the one with the fewest scenes. She seemed incredibly alone until she met the MC and went on a time stopper’s holiday. Damn she would of made a great romance.

Hackmaster from Diabolical. I played an ingenious villain and her being an ingenious partner was a match made in heaven and she had the most interesting backstory out of the three sidekicks. When she said she wasn’t interested in me romantically, I wanted to make her interested. Charm trigger activated.

Lucky from Heroes Rise

The best one for me has to be Prodigal from heroes rise, she transformed so much with the realizations in the third game. But i really liked Elizabeth from Vampire house and Semyru or Shelly from Way walkers. As for work in progress games, i love breden from rebels and Lancelot from Guenevere.

2 Likes