Love Interests in Choice of Games or Hosted Games

The best one for me has to be Prodigal from heroes rise, she transformed so much with the realizations in the third game. But i really liked Elizabeth from Vampire house and Semyru or Shelly from Way walkers. As for work in progress games, i love breden from rebels and Lancelot from Guenevere.

2 Likes

That’s a good one. I’d say my number one was Candace from Zombie Exodus

Miss Caraway from Tin star, Jess from Lost heir.

JUN FROM WAY WALKERS. I was so disappointed when I found out you couldn’t romance Jun, because she was my favorite character in the Way Walkers series and I was sort of in love with her.

Stoic from Community College Hero, 100%. I’m not the only one who thinks this, so she might be an LI in the second game.

Not a specific character, but I wanted more LIs in general in Ratings War.

I think the only character who is not romanceable that I would like to romance is Dame Mildred of Sonnemerci from Hero of Kendrickstone and maybe Jenny from Heroes Rise with a male character.

Both Caraway and Maria really resonated with me. Whenever I replay Tin Star, I always have trouble choosing which one I’m going to romance this time.

Jenny from Hero Rises is great. I usually play as a straight male (which I am in real life), but I made a lesbian character just so I could romance Jenny.

While I feel like I would be more physically attracted to Heather, I liked Mindy’s personality a lot more in Zombie Exodus.

Finally, I really enjoyed romancing Olivia in A Wise Use of Time. She might be my favorite.

2 Likes

I really liked the relationship with Preston in Tin Star. I liked playing as a good character who has an opposites attract with Preston when she slapped and then kissed him.

Surprisingly my favorite romance is with Arthur in Guinevere. There are many ways you can play that relationship/ You can play as equal partners who tries to help with Authur’s vision of Camelot, you can be the bad cop to Authur’s good cop when it comes to making though decisions, you can be manipulative, or you can just be mean to him. It’s so much fun to check out all of the angle’s in that relationship.

6 Likes

I’m going to put my penny in with Garret Finch from A Study in Steampunk. I played the game 20 different times just because of him. I’ve decided that I’ll never forget him and I’ve named my most loyal follower in every game Finch. That being in pokemon and various other games. I’ve never been as invested in a cyoa character as I was with him. The MC is gender locked in A Study of Steampunk, but don’t let that deter you from trying out his romance, seriously. I just imagined my mc was a girl the entire time. The mind is an amazing thing…

7 Likes

The romances from The Heroes Rise trilogy are my favorites. I chose Black Magic in my first playthrough and prefer the controlling, soul-sucking, and tight-wearing ‘hero’ over Lucky…sometimes. I like the Betty and Veronica dynamic between Lucky and Black Magic, although the Prodigy romance is a guilty pleasure and just awesome fanfic fuel. (She has to come back again, right? Somehow? ) The characters from Heroes Rise are really well characterized even if they don’t develop much, they really feel real.

I also like Miss Chandler and Alexandra Townsend from A Study in Steampunk. Again with the Bettys and Veronicas with me. I prefer Chandler this time though. A lot of people seem to be rooting for the Sherlock… er Finch romance. Haven’t tried it myself yet.

I liked being with the Queen/King in A Choice of Romance. But more from power tripping than actual romance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rooting for King Arthur in Guinevere! Lancelot is just so overrated thanks to the love triangle. Gawain was better than him in the olden stories. But I can’t deny that he’s manlier than Arthur in this version of the story. He is cute though.

1 Like

Oh yeah, A study in Steampunk is a confusing game but it has really interesting characters. My favorite is Grace too. Such a strong-willed, brave and lovely character. Too bad there’s no happy ending for her…. Finch is hands down the best wingman ever. I don’t know about romancing him though since the game was gender-locked.

As for CoG titles…hmm, I think it’s my custom robot from Choice of Robots and Mark the reporter because his romance is hilariously dangerous. Well, Tammy is a good choice too until she goes yandere mode and blows up my arm in one path

1 Like

Dirty Girl from Community College Hero has be my favorite followed by Miss Caraway from Tin Star. Also, Elizabeth was a well-done Tsundrere in Vampire House.

1 Like

Huh… The funny thing now that I think about it is that, for some reason, though a lot of the love interests from the games belonging to the Choice of Games brand (those that I have played at least) are certainly likeable enough, none of them really gets struck in my memory, except for those from Psy High for some reason :sweat_smile: .

It’s another matter altogether for the Hosted Games brand (those that I have played at least) - plenty of memorable ones there; Elizabeth, Roxanne and Damien from Vampire House, Brigid from Fatehaven, Jace/Jess and Gill/Gale from The Lost Heir trilogy and finally Semryu from the Way Walkers University trilogy(?)…

5 Likes

Easily Josh from robots or Devlin from ZE. Loved the characters and the way they weren’t just the RO’s they were actually important to the story.

Yes, I prefer characters who are part of the plot or who are available after we lean enough about them. Otherwise, I’l need to be able to customize them (gender, yes, but also ace, or non-ace, name and race). If the gameplay handles the relationship during the rest of the game too, then I usually enjoy it.

Otherwise, I prefer games that doesn’t ruin the chase, let the MC work for it. I also prefer when the MC can be the one to approach them. Especially with assertive characters like Black Mamba and Vega. Given that, I won’t complain if the gameplay just adds a mild steamy scene and an additional ending line.

Now, if the game handles too much to flesh out a decent romance, I prefer regular flirt lines over a love relationship, to avoid ending up with one that keenly feel like little but code (lover’s name xor celibacy; relationship xor celibacy; lover is alive xor celibacy).

Ideally, I would like to see more active love interests. Characters who both have their own agenda, and don’t force their love on the MC.

Gender-switching characters don’t bother me because I like very androgynous men, and my MCs also goes to androgynous women. So these characters usually fit the thing pretty well since there usually aren’t virile.

By the way, I have to say that the ‘genderless’ option is a little strange in some games.
When mental gender can be different than sexual orientation, it can’t be tackled along with the physical gender either. For some people, those three things differ. Sadly, the ‘genderless’ option, tend to automatically makes the MC genderfluid, with no option to play a MC who is only attracted to other mentally genderless people. (Speaking of that, I’d pay a lot to play just one CoG or HG able to write a steamy yet asexual romance.) That generalization can be rather uncomfortable when it comes out of nowhere.

Also, I like it when the MC’s pronouns are chosen by the player, apart from their gender and their name. (Because…I think gender neutral pronouns make the overall syntax of the story sometimes a little complicated.)

Now that I’m done ranting, here are those who have stuck in my mind :

For the chase, I liked Vega a lot on an almost asexual way. His romance wasn’t anything close to stellar, but at that point, it didn’t matter to me. I had been fight against the odds to get him since the the very first game of Choice of Romance trilogy, so even if the actual thing felt sloppy and the dialogue was completely out of character, still: Yeah. Got him. ^^
In the same way, I also liked Villeneuve, even though I felt the vocabulary of Choice of Broadsides too rich for me (I only speak English online). So I haven’t got the courage to replay it after they made Villeneuve available, yet.

I also liked the first robot in Choice of Robots in an asexual way. The compagnon bot was well written, but I kind of saw it like a child because it had been built to please the MC, and even if it’s a droid, it just rang too many alarm bells. The first robot, though, felt like it had got time to mature and reach a point when it seemed possible for it to benefit from that kind of relationship. So it felt natural and a little like just another point on it’s learning curve. I just wish that it could have took the compagnon bot’s place in the emotional non sexual parts in the end when we keep rejecting the compagnon bit in it favor. I could have liked the romance with the compagnon bot more if we got to personalize it at a low-level, make it different, unique, from the thousands others builds serving the same sappy lines all over the world.

I’ve been disappointed in Life of a Wizard when I realized that the race of the love interest never influences their feelings whether the MC behaves well or poorly with their ethical people. On the other hand, what I liked was that we could decide of the race of the first love interest besides of their gender, which made them important and likable enough to me. But to me, the best about romance in that game was that the MC could be best friends with their love interest, and, or, adventure partners, they could move in with them, and eventually, see their child. That was somewhat new and great back then. In fact, I haven’t got to play any other game yet with that much.

(Edit: I keep correcting my own syntax errors u_u…)

I really enjoyed Theo from The Lost Heir, as well as Jace. Wasn’t really a fan of Peter.

2 Likes

Top 3: Black Magic from Heroes Rise, Ecstasy from Slammed!, Yiska from Tin Star. Absolute baes.

Others I enjoyed:
Eiji Aomame from Choice of Robots: He’s adorable and my perfect husbando in every way
Phoenix from It’s Killing Time: super hot and the chemistry with him was undeniable lol
Shinji Knight from Hollywood Visionary: just love, pure love
Silvanus from Fatehaven: that ending just… the ending…

I have yet to know more about Oli from Versus but he could easily get into the top 3

2 Likes

I liked Malka from vampire house and Caraway from tin star

By the way is the a happy ending with prodigal in Heros

I’m going with Jenny from Heroes.

First place would be for Black Magic! From the Heroes Rise Trilogy. I SO love her. She is like the most badass hero there is but yet she needs someone to stand by her side. Second place would be Scarlet, from Unnatural. Another badass with a soft side. And third place I think would be…Elizabeth, from The Vampire House.

1 Like

The crap she pulled during the Hero Project made me not like her so much.

2 Likes