Favourite games

I wanna ask what you guys’ favourite games are or the ones your looking forward to playing (when they come out)

My personal favourite games are mass effect 3 and dragon age inquisition
I’m looking forward to fallout 4, mass effect andromeda , horizon zero dawn and the last guardian

Edit:damn I almost forgot about no man’s sky

PS I’m sorry if there is a topic like this I just didn’t want to comment on old threads

Favorite game all time? … Good question, I’d go with Resident Evil 4: survival horror, but you don’t have to worry about the asshole “good endings” and “bad endings”.
I’ve been playing silent hill, got all the way to the boat for the 2nd time. The first time, I realized I didn’t get the hunting rifle, so I restarted. Now I realized that to save Cybil and get the good + ending, I needed to collect some goopy shit from the hospital earlier in the game. When games fail me, it makes me angry. When I get angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. When Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, PEOPLE DIE!

Huh I’ve still to play a single silent hill and I’ve only ever played resident evil 6 (the first 10 minutes before it broke under mysterious circumstances)

6 is not really a good game to start the series with. If you wanted to get into RE, I’d suggest you start with 4 or revelations 1. Both have action qualities and survival horror qualities, and from there you’ll be able to easily transition to the tank styled pure survival horror 1-3 (+ Code Veronica, even though it is near impossible for me to beat) and the action-y shootemup 5 & 6.

My good friend started with 5, can’t stand 4 or anything before it because of controls. I’ve seen tons of people who couldn’t sit through six, just because it pained them to see what their childhood of 1-3 became. I was able to beat them all (except for CV and zero. I don’t have the right platform for zero)

Sly Cooper, anybody?

My brother use to play that but me, I was a ratchet & clank guy

Battlefront 3, Walking Dead season 3(game), Fallout 4, AC Syndicate, No Man’s Sky(unsure), Skyrim, MGS 5 Phantom Pain, Elder’s Scrolls 6, Mad Max, ArcheAge, DayZ, Batman Arkham Knight… and yeaa that’s 'bout it :wink:

Fallout 1&2, Baldur’s Gate 2, Civ 2 and Kotor 1&2

Of course you can throw in Mass Effect and Dragon Age games too.

Looking forward for ME:Andromeda and Persona 5

Man I respect you and your list.

I’m actually playing the final mission in me3 right now

well for the PS2 I was a fan of the original Spyro trilogy, as well as Rebel Raiders.

as for PC it’d be Mount & Blade Warband, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, War Thunder, Game Dev Tycoon, and Mabinogi.

Hmm, favorite games… I feel like this question has been asked already, but I couldn’t find it using the search tool.

Here is my list in no particular order:

• Fallout New Vegas. Great setting and storyline. (Maybe Fallout 4 too, not sure, already pre-ordered my Pip Boy #hype)
  • Final Fantasy X. (One of the most original games I’ve ever played.)
  • Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne (And all the thousands of modded maps.)
  • Resident Evil 4. (One of the best PS2 games ever.)
  • Resident Evil 5. (Not as good as 4, but very fun if you have a friend.)
  • Dragon Age: Origins. (Loved the story here.)
  • Gunrox. (Most people don’t know about this game, made by an indie Ukrainian developer, the strategy required is stunning.)
  • The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. (<3 Telltale Games)
  • No Man’s Sky. (Even though the hype might kill it.)
  • Dishonored. (Never heard of this game until I won it from a giveaway, amazing magical steampunk setting.)
  • Civ 4 & 5. (Just… One… More… Turn…)
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger. (One of the best Wild West shooters out there.)
  • Shadow Warrior. (Duke Nukem meets Demonic Ninja, awesomeness everywhere.)

Alright, guess I am done here. (Yeah, I know, this list is waaaay too long.)

I really love the Tekken franchise, I can’t wait for Tekken 7 (Although I do wish they had better female character designs sometimes), and I’ve been slowly getting into Soul Caliber 5 because of the character creation (I don’t think I’ve played as a pre-made character more that 5 times), apart from those, I have around 300 hours in Skyrim, and 350 hours in Dragon Quest 9 and so many more games that have completely slipped my mind right now…

Yakuza.

That game was my life on PS2, It had a gripping story, hand to hand combat and stupid little mini games that were actually awesome.

I remember finally collecting everything, people complain about the amount of collectibles Ubisoft puts in but they have nothing on the Yakuza collectibles.

Way of The Samurai as well, even on easy that game was sooo hard. I have never completed it. :cry:

My favourite recent games are Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, Sleeping Dogs, Fifa 15 and Grand Theft Auto 5.

I like the Witcher series but I could never get into it properly.

My list is pretty dominated by BioWare. I love their stories.

1. Mass Effect 1. The lore in this was fantastic, and I have yet to see any video game scene that gave me chills the way the conversation with Sovereign did. <–Single biggest spoiler of the game.

2. Dragon Age: Inquisition. Pretty new, but I have sooo many hours played of this game.

3. Jade Empire. This game is really under-appreciated, but I love the version of Chinese mythology they used. The ending felt a bit rushed, but so much of this game was so original, and there were scenes with real emotional impact.

4. The Sims 2. Yeah. Not much of a story, but I loved collecting mods to build the perfect houses, design the characters I wanted to play, create the lives I wanted them to live. I didn’t enjoy the Sims 3 art style, and haven’t really bothered with the Sims 4. EA doesn’t seem particularly concerned with improving the experience from one version to the next. They pretty much just polish the graphics and try to sell you the same expansion packs over and over.

5. Mass Effect 2. The plot of this one was much weaker compared to the first one, but the character interactions were so much better. Add to that the fact that Jack is one of my all-time favorite characters. I didn’t like the ammo and equipment changes, but I think this is my favorite game of the trilogy to replay.

6. Edited in one more. Saints Row 2. This game had so many incredible customization options (far more than any of the others in the series) and it was a very grim world with very black humor. Unlike Saints Row 3 and 4, it wasn’t just humor. Somehow, the balance between drama and humor in the second game made each element sharper and more impactful. It also had a lot more little city details, hidden areas that served no real gameplay purpose. They were just there to give the game character, which it had in spades.

I almost added Skyrim, but Bethesda’s pretty terrible at plots and character development. They excel at exploration, and I do enjoy their games, but I guess I’m a bit of a stereotype in that I like the more social character interactions of BioWare games. I like BioWare’s approach to romances, too. They’ve gotten better about providing options for everyone, and they’ve improved the process of navigating the relationships so they feel less like metagaming for a prize.

My favorite games are Kotor 1 and 2

I got to add Star Wars Battlefront to my list. Just because, well… Stormtroopers. :smiley:

@AStraali, that game’s sequel properly shows how much of a pain in the ass it is to fight ewoks, and restored my faith in Stormtroopers.

Those little bears suck but their smart. Remember that one that was hiding from Leia? It knew what it was doing. It wasn’t looking for protection, it was trying to seduce a hot galactic war princess who comes on suicide missions for ambiguous reasons. And if Han Solo wasn’t there, it would have succeeded.

@Doctor, ah yes. I had already forgotten, that there actually were two other battlefronts before. I mainly meant this: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
I think I need to revisit the older ones, as it’s been nearly 10 years, since I played them.