Favorite video game soundtrack?

not tomorrow by Akira Yamaoka-silent hill

The slap bass. The electric guitar. The drums. This track is a banger.

Arranged by Keiichi Okabe, music director and lead composer of the NieR series. This is pure :fire:

My god, that piano… I need to buy a Switch.

Now thats some childhood nostalgia (my favourite OSTs from the Playstation 1 - Era). :grin:

For all orchestra lovers, MTG:A has relaxing tunes you’ll love.

Now, if only I can find a video with better quality as these sound like recorded with a mic shoved into a speaker… ahem, excuse me. You might want to up your volume into 50%, even on headphones.

The main leitmotif

The more relaxed one

Even more Yakuza but this time, it’s from Kiwami 2’s soundtrack.

Absolutely love this track. Lots of Cowboy Bebop vibes here. Love me some jazz.

Retaining the badassery from Yakuza 0’s soundtrack. SEGA’s sound team are so good. I’m highly anticipating their soundtrack for Project Judge.

This song is my favourite of all the songs I’ve heard in video games.

Really enjoying the soundtrack from LL Blaze lately

My favorite track from Yakuza Kiwami and the best remixed version of Takumi out of all the games

I guess it’s time to go raiding again…and my ruler is a horse

Entering the world of Nintendo by getting my first ever Nintendo console a couple of days ago, the Switch, I can finally experience games like Super Mario Odyssey, Pokémon and Zelda.

This arrangement by Shota Kageyama is amazing, I love the greater emphasis on orchestra in this soundtrack. 0:24 is godlike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fXxXztwQs

Reached up to Bowser’s Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey and I didn’t expect this style at all, but it’s definitely made me more excited. This track is gorgeous and the shakuhachi is a wonderful instrument.

Recently watched The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 trailer now that I have a Switch and god, this music. This particular track was arranged by the very talented Kosuke Yamashita. 1:26 onwards and I’m speechless… what a masterpiece. I will eventually buy this game when I’m up to jumping into another big open world title.

(EDIT: For some reason, the second and third videos were taken down because the uploader closed their account. Huh, strange. Anyway, I’ve updated the links)

I think I don’t have to put a link here, some people will automatically play this in their heads.

*cough *cough

DOVAKHIN

Our hero, our hero
Claims a warrior’s heart
I tell you, I tell you
The Dragonborn comes

With a Voice wielding power
Of the ancient Nord art
Believe, believe
The Dragonborn comes

[It’s an end to the evil
Of all Skyrim’s foes
Beware, beware
The Dragonborn comes

For the darkness has passed
And the legend yet grows
You’ll know, you’ll know
The Dragonborn’s comes

*insert chorus here

This is the one for me.
All I can say is… Thank you Illusion Softworks .

I didn’t like the actual gameplay and such from the mafia games, preferred the godfather. But yeah, they work great as cutscene films, have mafia 1 and 2 downloaded as cutscene films, I love the music too, but in general everything except the gameplay is great for me, I love the stories and how they interconnect.

DEEMO and Devil Survivor (the original) are both perfect. I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting, but, those two have no flaws to me.

The one I could think of off the top of my head was Bravely Default. In general most of the Final Fantasy games have good soundtracks but BD was really memorable to me. The battle theme’s motifs were spread out through the entire game, and they’re subtly in the character songs.

The character songs were super exciting and the instrumentals for each one of them you can actually hear the personality of the characters they were trying to portray. Just very well done over all. The final boss theme is this epic piece and it just gets you so pumped up, the feeling of going against a god. It also incorporates each of the character songs in it and it’s just sooo good.

Pretty much the entire Far Cry 5 soundtrack. “The Blessing Just Takes Minutes” takes the cake though.

Best boss theme in darkest dungeon. The vocal really fit the boss’ theme. Fuck the Siren though.

I’m addicted to this track, been replaying it so many times.
Masashi Hamauzu has done an amazing job with this. I find it to be tranquil and it’s also very catchy.
Haven’t heard many of Hamauzu’s works but “World of Nine Woods Hill” certainly leaves a good impression on me.

The lyrics when the vocals start at 0:50 are lovely:

The Persona series have always had a great soundtrack

Burn My Dread from Persona 3:

Reach out to the Truth from Persona 4:

Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There from Persona 5:

And couple of personal favourites from Persona 4, Nevermore and I’ll Face Myself: