Favorite Quote?

I have a couple,

1. “Sleep, those little slices of death -how I loathe them.” -Edgar Allan Poe

2. “Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.” - Andre Malraux

3. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”- Lewis Carroll

4. “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”- Edgar Allan Poe

5. " To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." - Friedrich Nietzsche

6. " Oh what a tangled web we weave… When first we practice to deceive." - Walter Scott

7. “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move fall like a thunderbolt.” -Sun Tzu

8. " If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm." - Frank Lane

9. " Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."- Sun Tzu

10. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist - The Usual Suspects.

When you don’t know what you want, you end up with a lot you don’t- Fight Club

Keep your friends close and enemies closer and never go up against the family-Godfather

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain The dark Knight

The first rule of Fight club is, you do not talk about Fight Club-Fight Club

Give the man a gun and he’ll rob a bank, give the man a bank and he will rob the world-Mr.Robot

Without just one nest, a bird can call the world it’s home-Fight Club

We’ll always have Paris-Casa Blanca

I had heard that love smelled of honeysuckle but, I didn’t know murder smells of honeysuckle too-Double indemnity, James. M. Cain

Seneca — ‘He suffers more than necessary , who suffers before it is necessary .’

Also

Bane- Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear, I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it’s path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing, only I will remain” - Author Frank Herbert

What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient… highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it’s almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere.

"Do you want to take a leap of faith or become an old man filled with regret waiting to die alone "

“OHHHHHH~ THIS GETS ME HARDER THEN TERMINATOR ARMOUR!!!”

“I am go.”

“Follow me for I have the biggest gun.”

“We need a new driver! This one is dead! >: (“

“ALIEN BEANS!!!”

And any other warhammer 40k related quotes

Also.

“The way you rub me is too lewd!”

'Tis the only way to rub

Agreed

" This is war; survival is your responsibility" and " The Death cannot die" -both by Human Unit Never Killed (HUNK)

There’s honestly a lot of quotes I like, but I’ll go with these two.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always. - (Not sure the quote’s origins, but I want to someone who is able to do this).

There’s great strength in gentleness. - (This is more a quote that makes me ponder, as a mentor of mine had returned a book of quotes I wanted to show her and had marked that quote in particular, saying it reminded her of me).

The most recent quotes I’ve read that hits me right on the spot would be:

“If you secretly feel like you’re kind of an outcast, don’t worry about it, because a lot of people feel that way, and somebody out there is actually going to think you’re the best.” -Tal, Choice of Magics

This is taken from an “About” page of a bladesmith and online-shop owner.

There are no mistakes, only lessons. Did you learn something?

I’m assuming the quote I’m about to post in actually quite well known but I only first read it when I played Life is Strange. The first part of it anyway. The rest is a little depressing but I like the beginning.

“Wishes come true, not free.”
-from Into the Woods
My life philosophy. Wishes can come true but you have to make it happen.

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something–a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things–which you had thought special and particular to you. Now here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours.”
-from The History Boys
This is why I love not just reading, but all art. Finding an artist who shares your voice is one of the most magical moments. (And really isn’t that what this whole thread is about? :wink: )

“Life’s not a song. Life isn’t bliss. Life is just this. It’s living.”
-from Once More With Feeling
Because, as anyone who’s read The Grim and I will know, I like talking about life and death, and this line encapsulates the beauty and simplicity of existing.

Freedom is the right of all sentence beings - Optimus Prime

No one controls Grimlock!- Grimlock

It is always darkest before dawn- Harvey Dent

geeettt dunked on!!!- Sans

You fill your sins crawling on your back- also undertale

you fell like your going to have a bad time- undertale

Alistair: “Are we supposed to believe you were expecting us?”
Flemeth: “You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one’s eyes tight or open one’s arm wide… either way, one’s a fool.”

From Dragon Age: Origins. I always found it very deep yet worth a chuckle, like most things Flemeth says… :grin:

“Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue”