Favorite Quote?

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.” -Portgas D. Ace from One Piece.

I do quite like the second one :slight_smile: , I can relate to it a lot. Tis the reason along with my tablets why I don’t drink anymore(at least to get drunk, I tried getting drunk last year for the first time in ages…yeah…didn’t go well). As for me too much alcohol is like throwing a stick of dynamite into my fucked up dark head, I just go literally mental, and tbh out of control :’( . So on that note… “Drunk you is still you, you’re still responsible for what you do when you’re drunk, as are you when you’re sober, you’re still the same person, if you can’t accept this or handle alcohol don’t drink.” -me just now.
Kinda sucks bad that I can’t get drunk anymore :’( …But yeah, I really can’t my mind is waaaay too fucked up to handle getting drunk.

Those who break the rules are scum… but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.

ADD TEARS HERE

KAKASHI SENPAI! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I recently started reading a book by Richard Morgan…and now I’m rapidly reading everything he ever wrote. He’s so good it makes me angry. I could post 15 quotes of his, but here’s two stand-outs.

“The personal, as everyone’s so fucking fond of saying, is political. So if some idiot politician, some power player, tries to execute policies that harm you or those you care about, take it personally. Get angry. The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs, hardware and soft-. Only the little people suffer at the hands of Justice; the creatures of power slide from under it with a wink and a grin. If you want justice, you will have to claw it from them. Make it personal. Do as much damage as you can. Get your message across. That way, you stand a better chance of being taken seriously next time. Of being considered dangerous. And make no mistake about this: being taken seriously, being considered dangerous marks the difference - the only difference in their eyes - between players and little people. Players they will make deals with. Little people they liquidate. And time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it’s just business, it’s politics, it’s the way of the world, it’s a tough life and that it’s nothing personal. Well, fuck them. Make it personal.”

And a short one…

“If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.”

Carrie Fisher - drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra :heart: :heart: :heart:

Agreed, the guy’s a fucking pro.

“Survival is insufficient” - Seven of Nine, and then later Station Eleven.

I just think it’s a great summary of what it is to be human.

“A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us.” Kafka

As I see art as a whole, it can be a tool, remedy or simply a wake up call for you. A medium to open your eyes to the world and yourself. That’s why I’m really fond of this quote.

I keep a little note file on my phone of quotes I like and reread them sometimes. I’ll definitely steal some of these and check out their authors.

Here’s a lyric from one of my favorite songs: People II 2: Still Peoplin’ by AJJ.

You don’t have it any better, you don’t have it any worse
You’re an irreplaceable human soul with your own understanding of what it means to suffer
And that’s a huge bummer

It’s a reminder to myself not to hold up a yardstick to anyone’s suffering. We all suffer and we all need kindness and compassion. I love the whole People trilogy of songs but this one is my favorite.

…Ok I’m weird and socially awquard, and suffer from emotional detachment(it is relevant trust me xd). I just remembered a quote that is a favourite when relevant. So yeah I believe in strength, not showing weakness(maybe because I’m strong on the outside weak on the inside?). So I’ll do things like not ask if someone is alright if they hurt themselves, because of course they are and it would be insulting to suggest otherwise, similarly I get annoyed when people ask me if I’m alright when I hurt myself.

So my granny was ill with something, and I think due to it she had to have injections in her leg. So I was at hers, we were discussing how painful it was etc. My input was that in the film Platoon when a soldier is dying, screaming in agony the superior officer(sorry not a military know it all :stuck_out_tongue: ) Hicks says “take the pain.” xd. Needless to say my Aunt gave me a weird look xd. So it’s a favourite more because when I think of it I think of that and how funny that that was my natural response without thinking and the subsequent reaction from my aunt. But I do believe in being strong. Like I don’t believe in complaining and whining about pain, just “take the pain”.

This is why I suck at giving positive stuff to my friends.
Friend: I had a bad day.
Me: Don’t worry, it’s about to get worse.

Also I am not fond of sharing what I am thinking or how I think, I consider it to be an attack. I rather share some emotional stuff than tell them some of my mental stuff.

This is why I easily notice when someone is lying based on their body language, the way their face twitch, It’s almost like breathing to me, I can’t unsee these things and quite frankly, I am so tired for noticing these things. I just want to not see someone’s true intention for once.

TLDR: I see snakes among friends, unintentionally and I am tired of pretending I don’t notice them

My favorite quote on pain

“Pain can be controlled. You just disconnect it.” - The Terminator.

“I’ll be Bach” —The Terminator

pain is only weakness leaving the body - Marine corps recruitment

You and I could not possibly be more different. :grin: My thoughts and feelings and the reasons for those thoughts and feelings are my favorite things to talk about! Maybe I’m a tad self-obsessed, but I really will share my most personal emotions with damn near anyone. Speaking of…wanna hear about my dreams last night?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fire away. hahahaha :grin:

“The most important things to say are those which often I did not think necessary for me to say — because they were too obvious.”
André Gide.

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
Hunter S. Thompson.

“Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.”