Favorite Quote?

Adding a more serious one.

“Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.”

Wait a minute… I think I’ve seen that before. Is that from Noora on Skam?

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind” - it’s such a raw statement, I love it.

“I won’t deny any of what you said. But there’s one thing more to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things–trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Supose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that’s a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We’re just babies making up a game, if you’re right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That’s why I’m going to stand by the play-world. I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t any Aslan to lead it. I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia.”
–Puddleglum the Marsh-Wiggle

People who no-one ever imagines anything of are the ones who do things no-one can imagine.

-The Imitation Game

Hm, I’ve got a few:

“You can’t take away people’s right to be assholes.” -Simon Phoenix, Demolition Man

That’s the villain of the movie to the other, Orwellian villain.

“Nothing is true, everything is permitted.” -maxim of the Assassins, Assassin’s Creed

Which does not mean “you can do whatever you want,” but rather, you have to decide for yourself what is moral, and you are culpable for everything you do.

Ooooh there’s plenty of quotes that I like, but I think I’ll just mention three of them so it’ll be short. :blush:

“The duty of youth is to challenge corruption.”

• Kurt Cobain

“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

• Martin Luther King Jr.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.”

• George Gordon Byron

My reason for liking these is probably due to my strong sense of justice. I don’t approve of intolerance (racism, homophobia, etc.) , and I have a strong distaste of people of authority taking advantage of their power for corrupt purposes.

Joke quote: “Five long years your father wore this watch, up his ass.”-guess

Real quote:”A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad.”-no idea

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Shigeru_Miyamoto

A bit more serious this time.

“Among thousands of comrades and ten thousand enemies, you’re the only one who made me forget my dream. I…sacrifice.” -Griffith, Berserk.

“First they ignore you then they laugh at you then they fight you then you win.” -Mahatma Gandhi.

“Always do your best. Everybody’s ‘best’ is different. But you can always do your best.” -Couldn’t find.

Ok I have a few and for different reasons.
These three are because I can relate to them too much.
“I know my soul’s freezing Hell’s hot for good reason.”- Twenty One Pilots
“At my kitchen sink, You don’t know what that means Because a kitchen sink to you
Is not a kitchen sink to me, OK friend?”-Twenty One Pilots
“Am I the only one I know, Waging my wars behind my face and above my throat?”- Twenty One Pilots
Then these two are funny.
“Knees weak of old age
The real Slim Shady can’t stand up”- Machine Gun Kelly
“Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war, invaders create avengers. People create… smaller people? Uhh… children!”- Ultron
Last one because it is true.
“In any story, the villain is the catalyst. The hero’s not a person who will bend the rules or show the cracks in his armor. He’s one-dimensional intentionally, but the villain is the person who owns up to what he is and stands by it.”- Marilyn Manson

“Crikey! Shes a beauty!” -My personal hero, Steve Irwin to pretty much anything that moves.

He who wishes to take control of the world and acts upon it,
I can see that he will not succeed.
For the world is a divine vessel,
It cannot be acted upon as one wishes.
He who acts on it fails.
He who holds on to it loses.
Therefore some things move forward while some follow behind.
Some try to warm with exhaled air while some try to blow it cold.
Some are strong while some are weak.
Some are successfully accomplished while some are declined and failed.
Thus, the saint avoids all extremes, extravagance, and pride.

-Tao Te Ching 29

“Have courage and be kind.” - Cinderella. I love this and try to always live by it. I got it on a charm for my charm bracelet. It’s pretty much everything I want my core being to, er, be.

I am easy-going right up to the borders of my self-interest. -Mason Cooley

Not the bees!- Nicholas Cage

I’m escaping to the one place that hasn’t been corrupted by capitalism, space.- Tim Curry

Cough Unless you’re Shikamaru Cough

I just read a new favorite quote of mine from Groucho Marx:

:two_hearts:

I have one for all you writers
“I do not have writer’s block,
My writer just hates the clock,
It will not let me sleep, I’ll get some sleep when I’m dead,
And sometimes death seems better than the migraine in my head”- Twenty One Pilots

‘Do onto others what you want them to do onto you.’

• The Bible, in my case. Many sources exist.

Words to live by, unless you are a sadomasochistic lunatic.

‘Tomorrow never yet on any human being rose or set.’

• William Marsden (from Infocom’s ‘A Mind Forever Voyaging’)

It is true and coupled with that game provokes the imagination something silly. :grimacing:

‘And the Colour of Hope is Green’

• A short science fiction story I read long, long ago and that is almost all I remember.

I like green and green is a good colour for hope Kind of like spring, when life returns from the cold of winter. :blush:

‘If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, did it really happen? Maybe Schrödinger knows?’

• Me when I think too much.

Things happen and you can’t spend too much time thinking about them or you will go crazy like me. :crazy_face:

My mind is my prison and yet in it, I am free
my drunk ass, when I’m talking to myself

Drunk actions are sober thoughts
me, when I was drunk with a friend and he stole a bike, and used his drunkenness as an excuse

Ladies don’t start fights, but they can finish them!