Favorite Quote?

Ah, Cap at his best. :sunglasses:

“Hail Hydra.”

And Cap at his worst. :rage:

“In the words of Socrates: go fornicate yourself.” -Arcade Gannon, Fallout New Vegas

“Who are you?”

“Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.”

“Well I can see that.”

“Of course you can. I’m not questioning your powers of observation; I’m merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.”

“Oh. Right.” -V and Evie Hammond, V for Vendetta.

“About fucking time. I have so many things to complain about.” The Motherf*cking Man-Emperor of Mankind, If The Emperor Had A Text To Speech Device.

“Aw… Crapbaskets.” pretty much everyone, Dragon Ball Adbridged.

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet just because there’s a picture with a quote next to it.” Abraham Lincoln.

‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

• Percy Shelly, Ozymandias

My favourite poem, and also where I got my username from

Just a few…

“In the sea without lees
Standeth the bird of Hermes
Eating his wings variable
And maketh himself yet full stable
When all his feathers be from him gone”

• George Ripley

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”

• Rumi

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

• Martin Luther King Jr.

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

• Edgar Allan Poe

I really like this one : “It is not the starry sky that can give the most complete idea of the infinite, but human stupidity.” From Voltaire

Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever
-Mahatma Gandhi

Got some more

“A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.”

“Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honour matters, their silence is your answer.”

“What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?”

I really like some quotes from the God of War series.

“Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It is what we fight with when all else is lost.”

“A choice from the Gods is as useless as the Gods themselves.”

And my personal favourite:

“Olympians overestimate themselves.”

“Stop doing that!”

–Every parent, ever.

Is it considered arrogant to quote oneself? Oh well, I’m going to do it anyway…

“Money doesn’t make monsters, but a smart monster can make a lot of money”

• my WIP

I seem to do another one every day but…

“As bad as I am, I’m proud of the fact, that I’m worse than I seem.”

“Let me tell you something you already know… the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits! And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that!”

Meh, I’ll post some more that mean less to me but I still love and therefore I’ll get less passionate about and write less about making my blurb about them shorter :stuck_out_tongue: .
You may not believe in God, but God believes in you.
Not sure who that’s by, but when I read it I couldn’t remember that person being significant enough to me for me to remember :stuck_out_tongue: . But it’s true in my opinion, believing in something doesn’t change whether that thing is true or not, and I believe in A god, and that God believes in most people, but not everyone, as I believe in a god that isn’t pure good or pure evil, but closer to the middle.

Hell is the abscense of reason…or something like that :stuck_out_tongue: . Love it for the same reason I love the Hitler quote, because I have little faith in humans, and for me this refers to how humans are emotional, not logical, though some googling told me it was referring specifically to religion.

Basically anything from dragonball z. For me dbz isn’t a show, but a way of life…seriously. But some of my favourites are goku’s dream sequence of vegeta when he’s fighting frieza, when piccolo tells krillin to shut up when he says frieza doesn’t seem strong after transforming into his final transformation because he doesn’t look strong and vegeta’s speech to goku as he dies on namek.

…And basicly anything from the film how I live now. I love Daisy, she isn’t normal and is so relatable xd. But one from right at the start when her cousin offers to carry her bag is good. It goes something like:
Isaac: Do you want me to carry your bag?
Daisy? (in a cold bitch voice) Why?
Isaac: It looks heavy.
Daisy: (in an even colder bitchier voice) Yeah, it is.
Xd right from the start of the film I knew I’d love her, and was amazed how relatable she was xd.

I used to get Odyssey magazine, an astronomy magazine with a comic on the back; and one of the characters in the comic remarked, “The tree that does not bend, breaks.”

It’s a pretty universal proverb, but I’ve always liked that phrasing.

Favorite line from a song- “Alexis Argüello gave Boom-Boom a beating, seven weeks later he was back in the ring. Some have the speed and the right combinations. If you can’t take the punches it don’t mean a thing.”

• from “Boom-Boom Mancini”, Warren Zevon

"Says Joe “What they can never kill
Went on to organize” - Alfred Hayes

“I have no country to fight for; my country is the Earth; I am a citizen of the world” - Eugene V. Debs

“Horses are ass. We’d ride cows around if we could. But let’s face it, cows are too stupid.” -My Mammology professor.

I have a lot but these are my all time favourite

"Victory stands on the back of sacrifice!"

"Nothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn it into poetry. All that blood was never once beautiful. It was just red."

"My love for you shall live forever. You, however did not"

"Show me a hero, and I’ll write you a tragedy."

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.