Favorite Quote?

Hey everyone what is your favorite quote from any media? And why is it your favorite quote.

“I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. It’s frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here. Or should I say, I am.” - Thanos

“Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe. But this… does put a smile on my face.” - Thanos

Don’t really have favorite quotes, but these left an impression on me in the theaters and showed how truly menacing Thanos was, and how much he believed what he was doing was right.

“Dream, try, and do good.” - Mr Feeny, Boy Meets World.

Why? Because it hits me right in the feels.

“Have you ever danced with the Devil under the pale moonlight”

Quote from a pro dota 2 player that shaped the way I play every multiplayer games:
“When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you’re done for!” -Johan Sundstein

I’m wrong I have alot of qoutes

“Me? I know who I am. I’m a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.”

“You went full retard man, never go full retard.”

-Tropic Thunder

hum…I got a few…

Life uh finds a way. -Some guy. Giant lizard zoo movie.

All that you touch you change. -Recurring warning message in a surrealist horror series.

This.

As a massive car guy and an even bigger Clarkson fan, this is the quote that encourages me to live life to the fullest.

“Sons of Gondor of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day. this day we fight!”- Aragon

Also

" Never thought I’d die side by side with a elf.
What about side by side with a friend.
Aye. That’ll do."

By the emperor, there are so many from WH40K that I like. So here they are

Summary
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.
  • Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
  • Hatred is the emperor’s greatest gift to humanity
  • As the Emperor protects, so must we
  • Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life
  • Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours
  • We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by the Allfather, the galaxy shall yet know hope

And I can’t forget the most inspiring speech of all time

Summary

"Tehre is noh time to beh lohst!
Battle Brothars!

Spehss Mahrens, todeh the enemeh is at oua doar!
We know oua duteh and we will do eet.
We fight for our honor as Blod Rehvens,
as SPESS MAHRENS, and we fight in the nehme of the Empra!

And if we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes’ deffs, but we shall not die, no!
It is the enemeh who will tehste deff and defeat!

As you know! Moast of oua battle brothars are shtehtioned in SPEHSS, Pruhpeared to deep strike!
Oua perimeter has been pruhpeared in the even dat oua enehmies should be so bald and so foolish.
We have plehced numerous beacons, allowing for muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive deep strikes

The Codecks astartees nehmes this maneuvah Steel Rehn.
We will descend upon the foe, we will ovawhelm them – we will leave none alive!
Meanwhile oua ground fawses will ensue the full defense of oua headkwaters

We are the spehss mahrens! WE ARE THE EMPRA’S FUREH!

-Indrick Boreale

And this one about the imperial guard

Summary

“At the end of the day, though he’s been ferried through hell on a ship that’s ten thousand years old to some godforsaken, war-torn rock; though he deployed from high orbit with nothing but a grav chute; though he is one of ten million men and women snatched from his home-world to fight a war he barely understands; though he has been given a weapon that fires small suns and may annihilate him as he fires because the knowledge of how it functions has been lost; though his company is supported by tractor-tanks that run on anything you can burn; though he wages war against a devouring hive-mind, ravenous demons and hordes of hyper-advanced aliens with strange technologies and sorcery he never dreamed existed; no one will remember his sacrifice, there will be no records of his deeds, no glorious parades in his honor, and no remembrance of his name. All he will earn is a shallow, unmarked grave on a forgotten world untold light-years from home.

Yet for all this thankless sacrifice a Guardsman is a man, just like you. He has no millennia-old genetic engineering, no prophetic leader, no miracles of faith. He has his lasgun, his orders, and those beside him. He is an Imperial Guardsman.

And he will hold the line.”

I have many, but here are some of the best-

“Only 2 things are infinite- the universe and human stupidity. And I’m not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

Bad Guy Bishop- “We have to live in the world. Thus is the world!”
Good Guy Priest- “No, thus have we made the world. Thus we have made it.”

• The Mission.

“The lives of two people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world, Ilsa. That’s why you’re getting on that plane.” - Rick, Casablanca.

Luke- “I don’t believe it!”
Yoda- “That is why you fail.”

• The Empire Strikes Back.

“Better to die saving lives, than to live with taking them. That’s what my father believed.” - James Kirk, Star Trek Beyond

“War… war never changes.” Fallout Slogan

" This is a scale model of war! Every war ever fought, right there in front of you! Because it’s always the same! When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who’s going to die! You don’t know whose children are going to scream and burn! How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: Sit — down — and — talk!" - The Twelfth Doctor summing up the futility of conflict in one argument.

“Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi.” - Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi

“When you can do the things I can, and you don’t, and then the bad things happen… they happen because of you.” - Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Captain America: Civil War

" Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilisation. Upon it depends our own British life and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us now. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age, made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, ‘This was their finest hour.’" - Winston Churchill on The Battle of Britain

Mine has to be from Sun Tzu. Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

Oh, I love reading Art of War. A great book written by a great figure. I think I need to go back and read it again.

On to the topic,

<<Those who survive a long time in the battlefield start to think they’re invincible>>

“…since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

The quote is brutally honest.

My name is Maximus…

“Fly like a butterfly, Sting like a bee”- Muhammad Ali
This quote can be interpreted in many different ways, and is very symbolic. But when you take it into context from Mr.Ali’s point of veiw, him in the ring fighting. See, he’s as graceful as a butterfly yet he’s so powerful and does a lot of damage, if you watch some of his boxing matches all it looks like is him touching someone, he perfectly executes clean punches- that aren’t even punches! He literally just touches his opponents. In the end, he’s encouraging anyone who reads this quote to follow what it says and lead you to success.
Fly like a butterfly: Move gracefully and gently at first.
Sting like a bee: Then bring it home show your worth with a powerful sting.
Much respect RIP the legend.

There are so many that really stick in whatever feeling sways me at the moment, but I love Leo Tolstoy.

Top two of his:

“I think… if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.”

and the ever iconic

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”

My favorite from a song would be

“That the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes.” Maybe sounds a bit egocentric without the context, but from one of the most beautiful songs (Saturn by Sleeping At Last) it is one of the most beautiful lines.