FATE-a futuristic dark gothic rpg

Here’s a compiled list of the House bios, and a few new ones as well. Keep in mind not all houses will be playable.

The Great Houses

House Tronstad

Think of them like the intergalactic transit authority. They’re like the DMV of space. They only handle civilian transport, however.

House Warwick

The Warwicks love and honor the preservation and pursuit if knowledge and wisdom above all other things. They oversee the education of all children at the Academy. The energy-wielding battle ages of the Imerial Admiralty are also educated here. This creates a unique situation where you begin your young adulthood as a member of the Warwicks, but then transfer to House Baincroft, or the Admiralty.

House Wyke

They manage the vast communication networks of the empire, and forward anything suspicious to the Belmonts, and not ask questions. Otherwise the men in white masks come knocking on ur door.

House Baincroft

Otherwise referred to as The Admiralty, House Baincroft has the honor of commanding the most powerful naval force in the galaxy. Homes inside a huge structure called The Construct, the Admiralty are the defense of Nova Terra and all the colonies and homeworlds in the human empire. They often recruit those among us who are tactical and quick-thinking.

House Ducote

The Ducotes have always been the financial managers of the Empire. Not a single credit passes through anybody’s hands that they don’t know about. Members of this house are Immeasurably wealthy, and are trusted and respected by all the houses. As a result of their wealth and status, the Ducotes have access to nearly unlimited resources of any kind.

House Rhyne

House Rhyne is one of the smallest houses (idk if I will make this one playable). They deal in the arts and culture. Of course, everything they do has to be screened by House Belmont. However, one well-placed price of shocking and revolutionary art can bring about change…

Rhyne also deals with smaller things, like decorum, etiquette, and so on and so forth.

House Maxis

The Royal house, the Maxis line is one that has been genetically engineered over the course of many generations in order to achieve the longest lived humans in the known universe. Abnormally intelligent, the House Maxis is one of the few that actually passes through the bloodline. If course they have other members of the house, their advisors and prodigies are inducted through The Adoption process, which involves significant genetic modification to the subject, in order to grant then the “gifts” of their house.

House Parthis

House Parthis is the most beloved of the great houses. They are in charge of food production and processing, as well as clean waste disposal and recycling. They lead a very relaxed, down to earth lifestyle.

House Hexis

House Hexis is the military R&D department. They design literally EVERYTHING that can kill ANYTHING. They have amassed great wealth through the exclusive “contracts” they perform for various houses.

House Bulku

House Bulku has one of the largest workforces of any house, as it is the manufacturing and construction house. They build EVERYTHING, even entire planets. As a result they work most closely to house Hexis. They have even made entire planet cores into factories.

House Belmont

The Belmonts are a name that people can see everywhere in major metropolitan places. They are essentially the media, and control every aspect of what people see in their daily lives through any sort of multimedia. Think like a giant censorship and filtering organization. They ensure that no one hears about what goes wrong, what doesn’t work, and any similar anti-gov media. At any point, any disgruntled or ambitious member of this house could theoretically put an end to the Empires stability.

House Thane

Founded by Lord Titus Aurelius Thane in the 18th millennium, House Thane remains the most feared house of all. Little is known of the internal working of this great house, but there is no doubt as to whether its members are more than human. It could also be said that they are less than human. House Thane is tasked with the protection of the government and the Emperor. Under their gaze, no one is beyond scrutiny. They exist only to give the people a greater fear than that of each other. Their practice of wearing masks that mimic the features of any who they are speaking to reinforce this, and, of course, their martial prowess. The only house that is more renowned as combatants is the House Vacary, the “Fist of the Empire”. Of course this is balanced out by the fact that House Vacary’s generals are thoroughly under the thumb of House Thane, eliminating any possible chance of revolt by any real competition. The agents of house Thane embrace decadence, and never cease to outdo all but the highest nobles on Nova Terra. Another interesting note is that they never show their faces, and all members of their order technically cease to officially exist after they join. Instead they wear featureless white masks, and the masks of the lords of each bloodline within house thane wears masks that morph to mimic the face of whoever that are currently speaking too.

2 Likes

Sounds great. I can see some War40k in there.
Keep it up and I hope everything goes great.

@JanusVonDul - thanks for the encouragement, hoping to finish the prologue by the end of the week.

What would people think of this-
We release it into two games, the first being your time at the Warwick Academy. This would allow you to develop and shape your character in any way you see fit. It would have its own storyline, etc. It would end with the auction. The next game ( which I would want to be released almost at the same time), would follow whatever path you were on before, with each house having it’s own storyline.
Or I could make this one ridiculously massive game, one that would take quite awhile, but be well worth the wait, I hope.

Two games sounds the best that way you as the writier can take your time and us the players can make many different types of MC. As long as there is save transfer or better yet a games update like Choice of Romance and Zombie Exodus.

Just take your time. As long as you happy with it then that is a win.

Well I’d always advise to do things in chunks if you can, I imagine most people would prefer trying the first game and waiting for the second than waiting for huge game, because that’s more waiting.

Perhaps under the show stats screen, there can be a “folder” (or whatever you want to call it) that has info and bios on all of the houses.

hmmm…i was really looking forward to this game…seems like there hasn’t been a post in awhile…Are you still working on it @FunnyManVanya

i prefer two games with save transfer and shorter waiting period.

1 Like

i second that, makes more sense for the author as well

is this game still being worked on?

It has been six years since the last update. The author hasn’t posted anything during that time either. So no, probably not.

@moderators If you could please close this thread again.