Fallen Hero update 5 april 2015

…Thanks for mentioning Lelouch. Now I want the ability to make my suit look like Zero’s outfit XD I know it probably wouldn’t work, but thats now how I will imagine it! Though honestly, a Lelouch-like MC would be both fitting and rather awesome.

TBH, Lelouch has never seemed like a villain to me, but he definitely was to people in-universe! (Im looking at you Zero Requiem)

1 Like

That pretty much what I thought when I saw the mysterious option for the suit plus a cape. The theme to Code Geass started up in my head the moment I saw that option. And I agree with you, Lelouch was never a villian, but rather defined the well-intentioned extremist trope.

I think it’s more the way the PC behaves that reminds me of Lelouch. They’re both intelligent, excellent planners, with a powerful means of control over others and a willingness to put themselves in the firing line if it means advancing their plans, even if they are comically outmatched by their opponents in a physical match-up.

1 Like

Honestly, that’s just something that the serious is choke-full of. …Think it runs in Lelouch’s family though? A lot of them are extremists.

2 Likes

The well-intentioned part is important. I’m not sure you can really call Lelouch’s dad well-intentioned. The extremist part on the other hand? Well it does seem to be in the blood.

Damnit, now I want to rewatch Code Geass. But I’ve got too much anime I need to watch as it stands.

1 Like

Well there was Nunally and Schneizel. They certainly had good intentions, though were rather extreme.

1 Like

Notice a mispell word in the choices

Last time I played this, I though that it was kinda boring, but replaying it I found it rather interesting, and I do enjoy the extra updates (I like the character customisation options as well), I’m glad I decided to replay it. :smile:

Now that you mention it, the mc is a bit like Lelouch. Heck, you could even stretch it to make Ortega like Suzaku. Sadly, there is no immortal witch or badass rebellion for us to lead.

Nobody has yet said that, as a villain, we can’t MAKE a rebellion! MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

2 Likes

I, Cyrus Becker command you, now all of you, DIE.

… Doesn’t quite have the same ring to it does it? Then again, few names are quite as awesome as Lelouch vi Britannia.

2 Likes

Look on the bright side, at least we won’t have an immortal witch mooching pizza off us. (Then again, I’d quite happily let C.C mooch pizza off me. :blush: )

Wow! What an intriguing story so far. I literally cannot wait to find out where you will go with this.

There’s one logical problem I’ve noticed when the MC gets wounded during the rat king acquisition mission. After climbing the ladder to get to a better vantage point, the MC gets shot in the side by one of the tattooed minions. Then when fleeing the scene, they again get shot in the side. Fortunately, that shot is a near miss but they still suffer another gunshot wound. Given that the MC has a normal human body, they should be in serious pain by now. Yet somehow this does not affect them for the rest of the mission at all.

Now in the scene that takes place the next morning, the MC seems to be feeling much better than could be reasonably expected. What happened to those wounds that required stitches? To me this “happy to be alive” mood when they are still gravely injured doesn’t fit with they way the character has been portrayed so far. I didn’t get the impression that the MC has a particularly high pain threshold.

My suggestion would be to either tone down the severity of these injuries or elaborate on their impact on the MC.

In the same line of thinking, when Ortega hugs the MC, it should physically hurt a lot. The way I understand your timeline, this enounter takes place only one week after they were injured.

I hope this feedback was helpful. It’s a beautifully written story! You create exceptionally interesting characters.

Then just input the name “Lelouch vi Britannia”. Gets around the lack of a fitting name instantly!

Also I’d let C.C. mooch pizza off me, though there would be limits and no one delivers where I live XD

You do know she’d make you go pick it up? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And yeah, I admit I’ve taken to calling my PC Lelouch . Which is slightly odd given that my PC is a fairly restrained and understated character. Once he gets that suit though… well, let’s just say Zero loves his theatrics.

1 Like

This actually reminds me of a question I had awhile ago but forgot about before I could post it
Is them MC in Fallen Hero able to make someone kill themselves or does the person’s self-defense instincts kick in?

We seriously need a suit option inspired by Zero…

Naaaaahhhhh. I don’t yet have my actual drivers license (And i’ve been 16 for like… 8 months now XD) so she’d have to get someone else to pick it up for her!

@Shawnheatherly I MUST CONCUR ON THIS!

@Interestedparty
Well i think he could do it, but not easily and some people would propably be able to resist it

Take the mysterious suit style and add a cape. Problem solved. :smile:

Well, I just did my first playthrough of the demo, and I have to say I enjoyed. Your writing is top-notch, though keep an eye out for run-on sentences.

I really like the MC–they feel more like a broken, tired individual than a true villain, someone who isn’t evil but got so hurt being good they can’t go back. I think one of my favorite things about them is how they seem to prefer the double to their own body–it adds this sense of escapism that humanizes them. You’ve also made me very curious about their past. Being able to modify their race, hair color/style, and eye color was a pleasant surprise, especially the little additions in the description–I got something like “your green eyes are poisonous instead of healthy–how fitting” and “the geography of your bob is soothing to you”. So basically the MC is amazing and the customizations are amazing. Keep it up!

Out of the characters, I’m pretty fond of Ortega and Dr. Mortum. I flirted a bit with the latter and found myself enjoying it, to my surprise. It didn’t get particularly deep except for a tiny bit near the end, but I liked the “flirty co-workers who aren’t completely upfront with each other” dynamic. I’d rather keep Ortega as just a mentor and first “true” friend, and I’m particularly interested in the dynamic with him. There’s something very sad about the relationship, about how their friendship is based on lies because of the MC’s trust issues, about how they’re on opposite sides, and how the MC seems to want to maintain the illusion as long as possible.

I also thought it was interesting that the MC had the option of being jealous of Herald for “being everything you could not”. I’m wondering if he’s shaping up to be your main opponent?

Overall, I loved the demo, and am definitely looking forward to the full game when it comes out.

7 Likes