Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Hopefully @malinryden will allow us to take over a v station or something like that - then we can make a whole speech.

2 Likes

One thing with this game is that you canā€™t have everything :slight_smile:

8 Likes

In reality the path Iā€™ve taken so far has been very satisfying - the subtle but always in control path has been very fun to pursue.

The only minor feedback Iā€™d give would be with regards to the ā€œlookā€ of your costume - it is hard to know if you will be pleased with the look until much later in the garage. I personally like the different descriptors given but I can see someone being disappointed and feel stuck without replaying a lot of material.

I know there is a save system but you still are looking at a lot of replay there to get the look your happy with.

I can see that, but I wonder what could be done to change thatā€¦ maybe some more descriptions added when you pick?

2 Likes

Just a short addition to each choice in the description - Intimidation, a suit that evokes the conquerors of old; Frightening, a suit that mixes features of aliens and monsters of loreā€¦ etcā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s stat-related, I think.
You need to be reasonably arrogant.

1 Like

Because who else would have enough balls to do thatā€¦

"Am I blaming her for my mistakes?

Cynthiaā€™s headspace: God, that thought hit me, hard. This was the only option, and yes itā€™s emotional. The start of everything. Destroy the past, begin anew. Itā€™s theatrical, yes, its a power trip, yes, but this was supposed to mark the start of something. Infamy means nothing, glory, power. . .At the end of the day, all of this is a means to an end, the toppling of a tyrannical establishment organization that screwed everyone over. No dead bodies, no reminder of an incident Iā€™ve tried to forget. These sheep arenā€™t to blame, I just. . .need to destroy this place. Past erased, I can move forward freely. No more Sidestep, no more Cynthia. . .No more Ortega. ā€¦?

Iā€™m very glad you gave us the option to just nope the hell out of there. Even if it means we get surprised by Argent.

1 Like

Please forgive. Thoughts are all over this place and Iā€™m pretty excited with how things are progressing :))

Ooooh. That fight scene with Ortega is pulling on my heartstrings. I wonder if he might make good on that promised coffee date after this :))

Suddenly turns to ā€œI know that you know but am actually not too sure if I should bring it up in case I am wrong and end our relationship (and dear baby jesus do I hope I am wrong)ā€ kind of vibe. Iā€™m so excited to see the confrontation :>

[Like my MC chose to walk away and Iā€™m still not over how much turmoil sheā€™s in. As it stands, I feel Ortega knows based on his interactions with my MC and ow the pain]

And also Iā€™m totes going to try to use Sidestep as a name just to see Ortegaā€™s reaction (thank you @KP_Paul)

Oooooh. I see a fancast post.

//jumps on board

[disclaimer: I donā€™t remember all the descriptions of characters but I try so if I be missing on something let me know]

I raise:

Oscar Isaac for M!Ortega
Zoe Saldana for F!Ortega
Idris Elba for M!Dr. Mortum
Naomie Harris for F!Dr. Mortum

Charlize Theron for Lady Argent
Chris Evans for Herald
Ken Watanabe for Marshal Steel
Arden Cho for Anathema
Lupita Nyongā€™o for Locus

Manu Bennett for Boris
Karen Gillan for Rosie

18 Likes

I love Oscar Isaac and Lupita! Theyā€™re so beautiful :heart:.

I play a cautious MC that keeps Ortega at a distance, so the fight scene felt appropriately ā€˜clinicalā€™ to me without lacking flavour, or insight into the MCā€™S mindset which I felt was really well executed!
Iā€™ve been wondering, how do you go about having an Ortega thatā€™s in love with the MC?
I think this might be a bug: if you choose to let your puppet and Ortega kiss, the stat displaying the puppetā€™s relationship with Ortega disappears. I have a female puppet, and I let Ortega kiss her.

With tears and tissue and frustratration

[me: JUST KISS ALREADY]

[ā€¦actually not yet but EVENTUALLY KISS PLEASE LIKE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT YOU GUYS]

2 Likes

EDIT: Thatā€™s because youā€™ve got a flag from an earlier version in your save. I changed up some things, so you are still flagged for removing that stat right now, though you canā€™t bet flagged for putting in a new stat there yet. It should be okay on clean playthroughs.

1 Like

That is a perfect fancast :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well, that was awkward. ā€œIā€™m just gonna leaveā€¦ BAM!ā€ Dammit Argent.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks! I donā€™t know how any of this works, aha.

Why thank you :)) Iā€™ll try to keep it up

@gia, I shouldā€™ve also mentioned ā€œsameā€ (Iā€™m so in love with Oscar Isaac, itā€™s not funny. Lupita is also a beautiful human being that itā€™s not fair)

On Argent though. I wonder if weā€™ll have enough time to get away/make an escape. And if we stole things, I want to make sure we get away with the money :< or at least the possibility of getting away is on the table.

Conversely, is it too early for a casualty? Argent being the first to go? If ever it comes down to it in the next update O:

Iā€™m more worried about whether itā€™s possible to kill Argent. Invincibility seems really hard to get around without use of psychic powers, and Iā€™d rather keep that trump card up my sleeve for as long as possible

Huh. Now Iā€™m wondering if I can manage to pull off a High Empathy, High Arrogance MC. :thinking: I really dig the idea of using the name Sidestep as a villain. At least no one can say I was lying once the truth comes out.

Also, @malinryden, apparently my suit spawned the cape Iā€™d turned down during the threatening monologue.

2 Likes

In this run i couldnā€™t help but romance Mortum for the first timeā€¦ Iā€™m a sucker for flirty, french dark skinned women in labcoatsā€¦ DylanxMortum - CyrusxOrtega.

Ahem. Wonder how Mortum will react to her date passing outā€¦ I trust that sheā€™ll not do anything rash.

I still love kicking Heraldā€™s ass, the Ortega battle was the best. I wanted Ortega to be my weakspot. So i picked stuff like. ā€œI know her, so I should use that against her.ā€ Hell the entire battle felt like the two of us were flirting, Ortega was playing me, trying to figure out who i am. While i was flipping between wanting to beat her, hurt her and wanting to keep her safeish.

Either wayā€¦ I love my villainous speech. Speak from the heart was awesome.

Also Argent showed up and she went.

ā€œSTAY AWAY FROM HIMā€ Ortega is female though.

God i need more.

2 Likes

Cape will be fixed in the update :slight_smile:

1 Like