Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

I will steal for my MC. Thanks. In Awoken I named my MC Cerberus because I want to stop them from bringing dead people back, but in this game I couldn’t think of anything.

Who robbed the museum? It seems the “sensible” thing to do seeing as we still owe the good doctor some money and the stats page says that MC is broke.

I did want to destroy the museum though :imp:

1 Like

I ended up robbing the place too, both because it seemed like the most pragmatic thing to do since we’re gonna need some serious cash for whatever we do in the future and because that was less likely to result in any serious injury for the hapless civilians in attendance. Even when I’m trying to be a villain I can’t really bring myself to kill anyone without a good reason. Even though killing Herald and Steel would bring me a ton of satisfaction…

1 Like

My stats page doesn’t say I’m broke. My wealth is ‘You are comfortable’. Probably from embezzling the rich rather than skimming.

I am repeatedly falling in love with this WIP.

Ah, I’m so in awe of how the MC has a personality- and a strong one, that doesn’t alienate those that read it, but rather draws them in, simply because the MC is written in such a way that multiple mindsets can see multiple versions of the MC.

My psycho-analysis parts are squealing in glee. ^^;

I decided, for my main MC, to destroy the exhibits.

My MC…is messed up. She knows what she is doing, knows it is wrong, yet doesn’t want to analyse herself and ask the questions of ‘why’ she thinks this is a solution to her problems.

She knows herself, but she doesn’t want to know herself. It’s always easier to pretend. Isn’t that what she does- what she has always done? Pretended to be oblivious, pretended to be the better person, pretended to be right, and good, and moral? For what? A pretty face? A crowd?

She never cared for them. She cared for Ortega, but he wasn’t always enough.

He couldn’t be enough.

She ran away.

It’s easier, letting yourself be swallowed by misery, looking at the sunlight, wanting it, but hating the route to get there. Getting there meant relinquishing the faded comfort of anonymity, and it meant not lying.

But now there’s a puppet for Ortega.

While MC slowly goes further down the rabbit hole…

Yes, I do have a vision of MC stuck hovering over the world, strands from her fingers connecting to hundreds of wooden puppets with beautiful smiles, surrounding Ortega, letting him see what he wants to see, even as MC kills minds over and over to create this world.

…I do kind of want an option for her to go bat-poop crazy and lose it, and Ortega manages to patch her up at the end, casting aside the puppet.

Girl needs some TLC, yo. XD

But, Mortum is also cool. Hence, they deserve another character.

ARGH THIS GAME IS TOO GOOD :laughing:

2 Likes

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed How high is your arrogance?

Same. Except my good reasons probably aren’t your good reasons :smirk:

Good reasons to kill someone

• they’re in the way

• they have something you want

• they’re annoying

• you don’t like them

• they’re trying to kill you

• they wont give you their money

• it would be funny

• they’re chewing with their mouth open

7 Likes

XD Funniest question I’ve had anyone ask me for a while, if out of context. XD It’s at 53% currently.

1 Like

Not gonna lie that last one really resonates with me.

2 Likes

Baxter: He’s like Dexter but with misophonia :grin:

I went with Functional & Cape… Not a great combo what with the bad history of capes getting caught on something but the Good Doctor convinced me. (I also chose to destroy the sidestep statue… Destroy my anchor… End this resurfacing crush on Ortega.)

I’m actually curious… Could me and Ortega have feelings for each other if i chose friends instead of flirting?

My MC doesn’t flirt and she still has a huge crush on Ortega, mostly because they were her only real friend. So, yes. You can play it like that if you want.

2 Likes

My main MC uses the telepathic boosters and speed jets too. And the cape. She relented to the cape and is pleasantly surprised when she made a fool out of Mr. Hero by just playing toro/matador.

Like ironic how simple deflection and redirection works in taking the big guy out :>

@NorWal, my MC has a no kill rule too. One of the things she can’t shake off from the hero days. Also added points for injury when the Rangers have to deal with collateral damage due to heroing — my MC will try to keep damage minimum but you know more salt to the wound if her kill count (direct or indirect) is actually lower than the heroes

4 Likes

@squarelyblue I never thought about that! Makes me wonder how much Herald is gonna have to shell out for all the damage he caused to that van… My main’s primary motivation is just exposing the truth, the whole villain affiliation is just something she feels she needs in order to really be able to meet that goal. If she happens to make a couple bucks while she’s doing it, well that’s a bit of a bonus, isn’t it?

1 Like

Same. Or similar at least. Except my poor MC is pretty much straggling through rather than that (exposing the truth) being a clear goal that way.

Generally. Anti-villain/leaning on noble demon trope :))

If she does go into the full on good territory, lots of reforms will be made haha

(But first: gotta steal some money for funding)

2 Likes

Best thing since I got to romance Prodigal in the Heroes series.

6 Likes

To be fair, Ortega didn’t damage it with a punch, he jabbed a piece of metal in a joint through the isolating layer, zapping their electricity through that. Still, you will be able to have words with Dr. Mortum about that later (field testing you know…). Also, if the suit wasn’t armored, the MC would have taken actual damage.

7 Likes

I chose the cape name of Fallen for my playthroughs.

Almost a title drop, and gives the character a “Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven” vibe.

3 Likes

It’s quite fun sitting here trying to imagine all the various names the press can come up with for you depending on what you have done…

5 Likes

@malinryden I find a few typo’s and misspellings here and there, I don’t wanna post a spam of phone caps on the thread, could I maybe PM them to you? I couldn’t tell you the specific thread they’re in since this isn’t Renpy like I’m used to testing, but would screens help?

1 Like

Common monikers they could use: The Speaker, or The Chatterer - since you love giving monologue speeches :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! PM’s are fine! And the easiest way would just be to post part of the sentence in question, like: “I open the dooor and”, because then I will just do a search of that and find it immediately. Search functions are so nice…

1 Like