Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

My main offboard playtester is going full cackling evil all-girl supervillain route and loving it… God, her stats…

5 Likes

Naw - My MC is a committed villain now; she actually wants the Rangers to fall into villainhood as well.

1 Like

Sheesh, my MC is just trying to have a better life, find love and not hurt anyone…I know, shocking for me to be like that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Something I’m wondering, for those who are perfectly willing to embrace the dark side, why isn’t there an option to kill Herold while he’s our our mercy? He’s definitely going to be a threat later, better to be done with him now.
If that’s too much, we could always just cripple him. Like “you need your eyes to fight. I will remove them.” Or something along those lines.

3 Likes

Because the author still have uses for him in the story ahead :slight_smile:

Can’t kill off the cast until their role is finished…

6 Likes

We’re too busy in a monologue - our first “lesson” on being a villain. lol

2 Likes

I’ve seen my Cyrus as something in between.

He knows what he’s doing is wrong, but he no longer cares.

The world chose to destroy his ideals, now all he wants is to repay it in kind.

Quoting a translation of a certain Japanese song I like: “Let’s destroy this justice that’s failed us.”

I have no problems with secret bases, but the only allies I can see my villain having are those that are like him. Cynical and broken. Former heroes, super, or otherwise.

2 Likes

I threw freaking civilian at Herald. The news shouldn’t give a shit about the civies i scared out of the museum. To them i’m a douche who throws people and i’m okay with that > : D. Heh… I decided to skip the whole selfmoniker. I drew a blank.

Hell i picture my character just standing as if to make a speech about himself and he goes. “AND I AM… Night- ER This governments nightmare.” He changed his mind about the whole naming himself.

4 Likes

No! The cliffhanger! It’s too much!

I’m so happy to see that this wasn’t abandoned. I love this story and how in depth the detailing about the MC’s thoughts are. The writing is amazing and actually has my pulse racing. And it’s interesting because I’ve never read a story where you play as a hero turned villain.
I’m excited to see the fight scene between Ortega and the MC. I want to see how your relationship with them will effect it.

Seriously, you are a great writer. I’ve had to hide my phone because I was in class while reading this. I didn’t want to put it down. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I destroyed the exhibit. And the museum. And Herald’s face. ^w^

I picked a cape, and chose “Terrifying”. I picked the name Tenebris, Latin for “shadow” because I am the shadow cast by the world, and I will be the one to tear it all down… when I’m not using my meat puppet to cuddle with Ortega, bandage her injuries, and listen to her complain about getting her butt kicked by the new supervillain, that is.

2 Likes

I took a cape, but I seem to be one of the few who chose mystery. And the outfit was perfect with the reflective mask because I chose the moniker “The Mirror” to be the reflection of the government and heroes’ actions. Taking telepathy and speed boosts served the theme well as you can’t hit an ideal.

My thought is to mix my actions in combat as much as possible to keep them guessing at the extent of my MC’s true abilities. Fits with the mystery theme. Definitely chose to lecture Herald in his ignorance. Was fitting for an idealist. The last time Ortega will hit me indeed. It’s going to be a mindfuck when she figures out Dylan is just my way of finding out what she really thinks. She took a comatose body out on her date. My MC likes her, but he serves a higher purpose–an ideal. He set a Damocles in Lady Argent already, but he can’t get in Ortega’s mind with telepathy. So, he’s setting a Damocles with emotions and getting into her head in a different way.

He cares for her and doesn’t want to use it. But, he is the type that will ALWAYS be prepared.

6 Likes

I also chose the cape and mysterious, so you’re not alone. ^^

3 Likes

I also chose mysterious.

Same here, I also chose mysterious with the cape. :3

1 Like

Glad to see others repping the mysterious cape look! Honestly the cape is my favorite part of the costume, that old school villain flair is the best.

2 Likes

I lost my cape playing matador with Herald, though… :cry:

I did the same! I think the MC pulls the cape out from under his battered body. We can’t have the pretty boy baby Ranger take our place AND our cape.

2 Likes

Plus it would probably be a bad idea for them to figure out what kind of technology we’re using. It could give them a tip on how to cancel it out.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s an issue seeing as how Ortega damaged the suit with one punch…

3 Likes

It would be neat to claim to be a telepath stronger than any other and that your character was only able access a fake memory made by him but then they might get other telepaths and you would be revealed and other thing that ruin that idea