Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

This is just my opinion but the reason my MC picked up the Villain’s costume was because he wanted redemption. He wanted to bring change in this insane dystopian wild west that is Los Diabolos and he still does,he hasn’t given up on that yet.Rather he thinks he will succeeded as a villain where he failed as a hero.Do you think an ending like that will be possible?Because you must have a motivation towards finishing the game and it would be better to have multiple endings. Everyone has their different tastes

2 Likes

Okay so… Holy shit that cliffhanger. I kicked Herald’s ass and it felt good. 'Course… I’m in love with Ortega though so… SHIT. I like how I picture myself as the logical one when the whole. “Oh… Okay i get to destroy my last anchor to the past. I must destroy the sidestep statue.” I was think… Hell this is gonna get me in trouble as a hook for the Rangers to find out my idenity… NOPE! Cyrus is smarter than me, he’s destroying other statues.

Also… I got daring and i learned some info. Ortega is freaking in love… Part of me is happy, part of me is scared that she likes Dylan and that all my attempts to do the whole. “Keep everything professional as Dylan.” and then be. “I have to do this, i have to accomplish my goal. FUCK ORTEGA STOP. THROWING ME OFF GUARD WHYY WHYYY.” Hell i barely changed what i did with the park scene!
Cyrus: I am in control.
Ortega: Nope. Shiny eyes, comforting smiles I know you, I see the broken man that I still care about.
Cyrus: FUCK NO GO AWAY! Runs away like a wuss and looks back at her

TLDR; I started living as my character halfway through the playthrough. Yep… Back to waiting.

12 Likes

@gamesrgreat - Glad you liked it, writing fights are so much fun, we haven’t had enough of them yet…

@Obsidian - Time is indeed a bit of an issue, but you’ll get more shots… if you play your cards right.

@Tuhin_Subhra_Maity - That is indeed one of the possible ways to play the character and get an ending like that. There will be multiple endings, ranging from true no remorse villain to hero working on the wrong side. The hard thing is to get there without being corrupted on the way… but rest assured, you’ll have that option!

@DisturbedOne - I really love it when people start living their character, I had a friend of mine curse me out the other night because she couldn’t remember what choices she had made to get to her perfect playthrough and everything just kept changing around her. I’ve tried to make it so that staying in character works, and people don’t have to pick ‘wrong’ choices to stay in the story. The story continues… just a different one.

10 Likes

Man, I’m so happy to see this WIP updated. This was one of my favourite COG when it first came out and it keeps getting better! Actually just made an account to give some appreciation for the Dr Mortum route - poor thing doesn’t seem to get too many mentions but he’s wonderfully done in the party sequence. There’s a nice feeling of depth to him thats different to Ortega while still feeling like there’s a lot more there to explore. I went with him just to change it up a bit but he’s quickly become my favourite character <3

Oh and congrats on your contract, much deserved! x

3 Likes

I’m so happy this updated.

I think everyone gets freakishly invested into the MC here, and it’s epic.

Just a couple grammar errors in general when MC is non-binary, when the puppet is chatting to Ortega about them at the party.

I just wish we had the option to kill Herald? Like, stomping his face in properly would do the trick. One more enemy down permanently, you know? I get it would shape the story like crazy, so could there be an in-game reason for why MC doesn’t do it? (They’ve had two opportunities now. I really wanted to mess Argent up by making her kill her boytoy)

What I really love is the current love-hate relationship I’m having with Ortega.

MC, on one hand, pines for them, wanting respect, wanting the fear, craving the affection, but hating that craving. Yasmin is a perfect puppet, flirting and getting close to Ortega, though MC is simultaneously morbidly satisfied and curious with how Ortega responds, while growing jealous of their own puppet.

I want a scene where Ortega has to choose between them so badly, and MC just goes nuts if the puppet is chosen: THAT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!! *hysterical laughter :joy:

8 Likes

It does seem as though the Flirty Doll × Ortega relationship needle goes from 0 to 60, whilst Ortega would prefer Flirty Broken MC completely open, trusting, sunshine and lollipops as I could not seem to surpass those stats otherwise. And…that’s just not my MC. Perhaps Ortega doesn’t think it’s worth the hassle to fix us after all. {violin swells} Giving it up so easily to breezy puppet state MC, ever so eagerly throwing past entanglements with got-no-strings, original recipe MC under the carriage wheels.
Tut.
Now MC is a poor, tattered, battered leaf, eager to be carried off by the wind yet still just trying to grab a hold by quenching unrequited love the only way possible through playing pretend. Let them denyfeel their feelings, Ortega!

3 Likes

When you put it that way, Ortega kind of seems like a real fair-weather friend

1 Like

I’m loving it! I rlly hope my MC gets with ortega soon…puppets romance is ok.

My MC’s ultimate goal is to get Ortega to get into a steamy relationship with both my MC and my doll and then torture him for being in a love triangle… :innocent: :green_heart:

12 Likes

It is understandable to bear more desire for the one that comes with seemingly no complications, but there is a slight stat imbalance in my kind of playthrough, which could lend credence to the view that perhaps Ortega expects a bit too much, too fast. Or it is more that he cannot read MC any more than they can read him…

7 Likes

Played the update multiple times and enjoyed it love the Dr mortum romance can’t wait to see more interactions with her and the true mc and not the puppet and enjoy the fact I can be a mysterious badass villain destroying buildings through matter eating nanos people through mind manipulation and tanking hits with tough armour can’t wait for more

2 Likes

Been a while since I played through this and I loved playing through it all again, as well as the new scenes. It felt good to finally step out of the shadows and cause some mayhem.

I feel my character is really getting into a complicated relation with Ortega. :confused: She is angry, distant and resentful, she rejects him and pushes him away. But she has also developed feelings for him, and she wants him to care about her and love her. She has him wrapped around her puppet’s finger and is enjoying their relationship, but at the same time she is envious that he doesn’t act that way towards the real her.

She’s a mess of mixed feelings and indiscernible motivations. She doesn’t know what she wants, and she’s not sure why she’s doing what she’s doing. Sooner or later I am expecting her to slip up. I am very much looking forward to seeing Ortega’s reaction when he finds out this new villain who killed people and brutally beat up his friend, his old partner he’s concerned about and kinda had feelings for, and the woman he has been flirting with and brought with him to the museum on a date, are all the same person.

I’m honestly not sure how he’s gonna react, but I’m certain it won’t be pleasant. I’m not sure how my character is gonna react either. I feel like she’s getting a bit unhinged, and might just have a full breakdown, either starting maniacally laughing, crying, or both, depending on what Ortega’s does.

Like I’ve mentioned before, I love the emotional depth of the main character and how well I can relate to her feelings. Looking forward to next update! :smile:

8 Likes

Wow. I can’t believe I only spotted the update just now.

And damn, that was one hell of an update. I just can’t stop thinking about it.

I played through the new parts often enough now that I believe I’ve found all possible branches. I must admit, until now I treated the Dr. Mortum romance as a fun little diversion, but my MC’s real focus was always Ortega. Now I’m not so sure about that anymore.
Dr. Mortum is… unexpectedly sweet during the date, and I feel almost bad for… leading him on like this? Is that what I’m doing when I try to make someone fall in love with a body that is not really mine?
Then again, my MC is still a superhero at heart, and Dr. Mortum… isn’t. I want to trust him, but I probably shouldn’t.

Of course Ortega will be one who is going to have a massive meltdown when he realizes that his former friend, the puppet and the new supervillain are actually all the same person, but I doubt Dr. Mortum will take it all that well, either.

Anyway, really great update, and I’m looking forward to more.

1 Like

I’m glad this WIP get updated…it’s one of my favourite WIP :laughing:
I really enjoyed the new update especially the date with Ortega and of course the kiss scene… hehe…i’m also glad that my MC can choose to be ruthless or not when dealing with the citizens…and such a cliffhanger i was looking foward for the battle with Ortega eventhough my MC might hate himself for hurting him…

Great Work…:smile:

By the way will there be an option as Dylan to tell Ortega or Dr.Mortum that they are the MC or the MC tell them they are Dylan?

My reaction: Ooh… an update! [plays through it to where I last left off] This suit is incredible! Mwahahahahaha! The power! Absolute unlimited power! [Ortega damages the suit] What the…? She broke it with one punch?! No way! Didn’t Mortum promise me the best of the best?! That cheapskate’d better fix and upgrade it for free! And did Ortega just leave my poor defenceless meat puppet lying somewhere to fight me? Oh, she is so in the doghouse now! [episode ends] Aww…

3 Likes

WAIT WAIT WAIT

You can kiss Ortega? HOWWW?

Just treat the date with the doll as a date, get personal (instead of gathering information about the Rangers or Ortega’s feelings for MC) and you should get that option.

2 Likes

Oh…I mean as Dylan not MC Sorry…:cold_sweat:

well if you haven’t It’s just like @Sammysam said…

On speculating on the next update, what if Ortega starts getting suspicious of the the MC’s new identity while fighting them? Like “I know that move” moment, but then tries to shake it off in denial like it can’t be. And then cue slow crawl to realizing their best friend/potential love interest/lost lenore is the new rising star in the villain circuit O:

4 Likes

Now here’s an approach I like.

Their spat should be more than enough to jog Ortega’s memory, and I don’t doubt there’s more than a little footage of our Sidestep persona that was secured on Ranger servers rather than in a museum (Which, let’s be real, would host a lot of copycatted things. Authenticity < security).

We may have newfound power on our side, but we can’t read Ortega’s mind or use most of our tricks on her, and when/if she forces us into a close-quarters confrontation, there’s bound to be things she recognizes. What happened to us hit her hard, after we used it to fall off the face of the earth. I’d almost expect subconscious suspicion after this.

As a sidenote, I’d very much like to have an inkling as to what, truly, is going on. @malinryden, you’ve done a masterful job at giving us just enough to go off of while keeping us in the dark.

7 Likes