Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

at first i thought… am i dreaming?! oh GOD!! im so happy this is alive!! :joy:
and the update is so great i want to cry from happiness!! im practically abandoned my work just to read the update part!! and honestly… when the “—TO BE CONTINUED—” comes… i want to scream NOOOOO!!! :scream: thank you for this great story! i wish you good luck with your book (and this games too of course). cant wait to see it get release :grin:

btw, the save system still not working and i notice one typo :
Herald has it easier than you ever did though, the light crouch erupts in a sudden burst of speed as he takes to the air. How would if feel to be able to fly? It must be nice to look down on things, to always have an avenue of escape open. To never feel trapped.

@Curious_Boy Thank you! Those kind of typos are the hardest to find.

I will need to check out how the save system works on the @dashingdon site, I literally have no idea. I hoped it was the same as on the dropbox one. I will investigate!

@RenaB Thank you so much! And is/are is one of the weirder things for me as a swede…

@Zeus Yeah, I am sat here right now writing the fight with the rest of the Rangers, so prepare to kick some ass.

@Jaxx I am smiling so hard it hurts right now.

@Kungfuboom It might take a while, publishing schedules don’t move fast…

@Shawnheatherly It is getting longer :slight_smile:

@Xeno_King Well, maybe you will!

9 Likes

@malinryden yeah is he bisexual??

I was just finished playing this like literaly just now and when i got back there an update men made some mix emotions in me but mostly excited to play again

Am hey the bew save system ain’t working

Wow this update was worth the wait. And that fight against Ortega will be awesome, I know it.

Augh, trying to implement the save system wrecked the entire game, hope nobody was in the middle of playing it. I need to read up how to program this, it is an entirely different system than I was using before.

1 Like

I genuinely squealed in delight when I saw that this updated. Congrats on the publishing contract, and I’m so happy you’re still continuing this!

I’m not sure about other people’s playthroughs but wow, I’m seriously hoping (and pretty certain) it’s the MC that Ortega’s in love with. Given it can be mentioned in the Park Argument that they had ambiguously romantic relationship (having chosen ‘flirted with’ and ‘friends’ at the start of the game), it certainly wouldn’t surprise me. Guess I’ll have to see if Herald and Argent say that again with different options…

Either way, I’m incredibly excited about fighting Ortega. It’s gonna be weird for MC to fight him, regardless of relationship, given they can’t read his mind. And given how the MC mentions it’s weird not being able to banter with him, I get the feeling we’re going to get the option to slip up at some stage…

Then again, the entire supervillain sequence was fantastic. I found the mention that it was the MC’s “first proper birthday” interesting - thought they would have at least celebrated with Ortega back in the day, but maybe that’s my optimistic shipper heart. Honestly though, the choice to try and spare as many people as possible was very appreciated, as was being able to see Sidestep’s exhibit. And again, with the mentions of the Special Directive… I can’t help but wonder about the MC’s relationship with them, given they mention how it might upset people.

2 Likes

At the party, asking Ortega how she fell about the MC, I had this option:

“I want him to be lying,…”
The Ortega in my playthrough is a woman.

Another case of wrong gender:
She gives Ortega a stern look, warning her that he’d better keep her mouth shut, and you shrink back a little from her gaze. Mostly because you do not want her to remember you.

1 Like

I can’t get into the game @malinryden

It should be fine now!

I was uploading things, and hopefully the save system should work now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Either I’m hilariously childish or you’re happy I love your work. Either way, you’re welcome. I meant every word of it.

1 Like

I am happy. I write for people to enjoy what I write after all!!

3 Likes

I’m happy to see that my favorite WIP is still alive!

You might want to poke @Shawn_Patrick_Reed (he just got his WIP save plugin working with help from @CJW)

And welcome back to the world over the living, and yay update! I would give you a cookie, but I kinda nommed them all; surprise updates are good…

2 Likes

I got so excited seeing the update that I startled my dog, but I’m sure he’ll forgive me. So glad to see my favorite WIP alive and kicking, been looking forward to it for so long!

3 Likes

omg it updated I wanna cry! This is the best news I’ve heard all day while being sick in bed while my roommates get to be social for the weekend.

2 Likes

Like how we can fight Herald now! :laughing: But seriously my mc’s jealous fixation on Herald may be his only significant Achilles-heel as his need to lecture that annoying kid allowed Ortega to get the drop on him. :frowning:

2 Likes

Update, yay! And omg the kiss, the damn kiss :heart_eyes: …MC sooo will regret that later on :persevere:, but doing something so stupid while being her doll is soo fitting at least for my poor MC. She can’t get that when she is herself but damn sure when she is Dylan. Oh, I wait for all the tears when the truth comes out…:kissing_heart: (Well, I honestly also hope for MC to get the oppertunity for histerical laughing when the truth comes out).

Also…I like that we can try to spare as many people as possible but still beat the shit out of Herald :smirk::sweat_smile: (I don’t even know why I like those options to beat him up, but the game hands those options like on a silver platter)…But to tell him why he did lose leads also to some interesting bits…What does MC know that neither we (the readers) nor the heroes do know and how much is only show…hm :thinking:

…Were those too many emojis? I feel like it were too many…

Also found a typo:
“Well, you lean to live with it anyway.”

6 Likes

I love the new content! That cliffhanger is going to drive me mad…

1 Like