Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Just happy enough that you actually read my comment. I would love to support your work if you would allow. Patreon our some other source.

ā€œDo you still have your powers?ā€ The question surprises you, and for a moment youā€™re not sure what to say.

Making up a lie that you have lost them seems as unlikely and risky as admitting that you still do. Ortega believes you are a Boost, someone who took the hero drug and lucked out with a spin on the wheel of fate. If you impliedā€¦

I was re-reading the game (Iā€™m practically addicted to it now) and thought that it was a very weird question since It seem like a boost losing their power never happened before, why would Ortega even ask if It was the case?

3 Likes

I think it was a way of opening the conversation into helping lady argent. Plus she thought you had died so she could reasonably expect anything to happen.

Yeah I may have just over thought it as a question instead of just as a conversation opener, Still think it a weird thing to say, like opening a conversation about juggling with ā€˜ā€™ you still have arms, right?ā€™ā€™ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps it was more about whether you are still practiced enough to be helpful? Our powers seem to get stronger with use, like a muscle. If we really had avoided using them for all these years theoretically our powers could have atrophied to the point of being unable to help even if we wanted.

2 Likes

Maybe, It still feel like a kinda akward way to voice it + the fact our character seem to take the question seriously (as if Ortega is really asking if we still have power) seem to show that the question was really about if we still have power for me.

I personally like being able to choose body type.

If only so people can grope my bulging biceps as they swoon. ā€œYour muscles are so big!ā€

It makes the character feel like theyā€™re actually my character. Because I, also, have bulging biceps. [coughs]

3 Likes

if i had to choose body type, Iā€™ll have massive boobs lol, cause I have such in real life. I can just imagine someone mentioning in the game something like ā€œDamn girl! Are those ballons real?ā€

2 Likes

As much as I like the extra attention to detail body type would provide, itā€™d be more a bonus. If the writer can make the time and if its integrated well and not something tacked on, Iā€™d love a petite Cynthia, but if not my imagination will more than suffice.

ā€¦What? Iā€™m petite, I like bigger women. Shushit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Its why i like Ortega, sheā€™s got like three of the things i love in a woman. Older, possibly bigger than me and badass. Sheā€™s definitely all three to Cyrus.

6 Likes

I choose body type, average. Because Iā€™m average. :confused:

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit awkward, but I just figured Ortega didnā€™t know how to segue into asking for help. Itā€™s kind of a dumb question, but considering how often I ask similar sorts of questions, I wonā€™t fault Ortega for that one. Honestly, the MCā€™s panicky inner dialogue afterward is more interesting.

4 Likes

Hoo boy am I loving this! I canā€™t wait for the next update! I did notice a pronoun error late into the script where talking about Ortega. The script says ā€œhisā€ regardless of whether Ortega is a man or woman.

2 Likes

I created an account in large part to say how much I enjoy this story, itā€™s well written, well paced and manages to have a good amount of detail without being bogged down in minutia.

The ethos and pathos of the PC come across strongly and allowed me to really slip into the skin of my character, which is the strongest praise I can think of for a CYOA PC. There were a couple of pronoun errors that have been pointed out but other than that I didnā€™t see much in the way of errors that jumped out at me.

I encourage you to keep chugging away,and Iā€™ll eagerly look forward to purchasing this and recommending it to all my fellow COG/CYOA junkie friends.

Best wishes.

7 Likes

@malinryden, will there ever be a scene where we actually perform our method for gaining money spoiler[/spoiler] with our power? Seems like a really small part of the game, but if the PC had to save up for an awesome Ironman suit using only one of these methods, it seems like heā€™d have to do so fairly often over a long period of time

1 Like

Posses body of Corrupt rich person go into brain find account passwords take half of money from accounts dig a hole in ground put money in go to news declare crimes rich person commented leave body dig up hole o money rinse repeat until desired amount

Would still be interesting to see in the game. Maybe something doesnā€™t go according to plan in the middle of the operation?

3 Likes

@malinryden
You keep telling yourself that you have no choice, because you really canā€™t think of any. Or reasons, for that matter. Maybe they are to blame for that as well, they tried to make you into aweapon and thatā€™s what you have becone.
a weapon, become

You realized what was happening before it did, averting your eyes a moment before the scream started as abruptly as it was silenced. You remember the smell, and you remember the thud of the body falling to the ground.

Youā€™d like to think you didnā€™t scream, but if you didnā€™t, what would have made Ortega and Steel double back?
Anathema scream could have been heard.

Youā€™re in the wrong body to keep smiling at him like this,
her, in my case

ā€œWhy are you asking?ā€ You wish you didnā€™t actually feel real emotions at her question. Guilt. Excitement. Thereā€™s never one or the other around him, thereā€™s always a painful mix.
her

The taste of vomit in your mouth fades to bubblegum pink, and you open your eyes and realize he needs glasses but is either too poor or too vain to get a pair. Not that it matters, he has legs and arms which is all you have need of at the moment.

It feels odd walking down the street as a normal woman where you had fought as a silvery goddess just minutes earlier.
even if my character is a woman she is in the body of a man, is ā€˜ā€˜It feels odd walking down the street as a normal manā€™ā€™ better in this situation?

Of course it wonā€™t remain hovering like this forever, you canā€™t risk building any permanent structures in here. But, it should last for a couple of weeks at east, if not longerā€¦
least

on another topic, I wonder what Rosie power is.

1 Like

I know weā€™re not supposed to necro, but Imgur decided to hit me in the feels today and it reminded me of this WIP.

Hereā€™s hoping things are going well for you, @malinryden!!!

12 Likes

I just wanted to ask If there are any updates/progress happening here?. I kinda miss Ortega.