Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

It was me Ortega, it was me all along.

12 Likes

Stahp.

What are you doinā€™?

Stahp making me want it even more!

This is scary to me. My puppet is totally taken over by me, so arenā€™t you saying that you would have a ā€œdeeper relationshipā€ with yourself, by saying this?

Or, am I over-thinking this and looking at the forest instead of the tree?

I thought this was meant in context of the relationship of Ortega with the puppetā€¦Or do I misunderstand what you are meaningā€¦?

So, I originally took this to mean that you as puppet-master could take your puppet out with Ortega and establish a relationship between the puppet and Ortega. To either keep him/her off-balance or better keep an eye on her/him without direct contact.

With @malinryden 's reply, I took it to mean you can only develop a relationship with Ortega as either yourself or the puppetā€¦

Which, in my head-cannon doesnā€™t make sense since everyone sees you and your puppet as two separate individuals.

Yes, but MC knows the truth. For them it may be important if Ortega prefers someone like their puppet (especially when the puppet is significatly different from MC in looks) or the MC.

As far as I understood you can develop a good relationship to Ortega with both, but your MC may would prefer if Ortega would focuse their attraction/care for either of them.

3 Likes

Ooooh, this was enthralling! I canā€™t wait to see what the finished product is. This really got under my skin, making me emote, and empathise with the MC.

My god, I just found this and missed work because I stayed up till 5 am reading this. Whatever you need or want you can have it. I would shake your hand and do your laundry for more of thisā€¦

Just sayinā€™

6 Likes

FFDP! FUCK YEAH, MY BRO!

Anyways, glad to see this back. I canā€™t wait to be an evil telepathic Batman.

1 Like

Another of their songs that fits very well is Everything.

ā€œDear Mother, I love you. Iā€™m sorry, I wasnā€™t good enough.
Dear father, forgive me. I know in your eyes, I just never added up.
In my heart I know, Iā€™ve failed you.
But you left me here alone.ā€

ā€œIf I could hold back the rain, would you numb the pain
Because I remember, everything.
If I could help you forget, would you take my regret?
I remember everything.ā€

Since this game has a big sense of looking back on what youā€™ve done, what you couldā€™ve done to change things.

5 Likes

Home sick, stressed and angsty and I find a comment like this and my entire week is made.

Seriously, all of you guys are the best. And I am still writing on the next bit, but since thatā€™s gonna be the big updateā€¦ it takes a while.

20 Likes

Hey donā€™t worry :slight_smile: your story is something weā€™ll all be waiting for with baited breath. Weā€™ll still be here regardless of how long it takes.

Be sure to get some rest now and again too alright?

1 Like

Take your time. You donā€™t owe us anything. If you want to take it at a slow pace, then do so. Rest when you want to.

If anything, I owe you for all the joy and inspiration this freaking demo has given me.

1 Like

@Jerred_Manns

Yep while many of us would wish this would update faster since we love this so much we All understand just who is in charge. :slight_smile:

it would be nice if you give us the MC exact body type :wink:

Use yourā€¦

The MC is said to be pretty average if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

That is NOT gonna happenā€¦

ā€¦ was my first thought. And then I started pondering.

How do people feel about body type apart from the height thing? Is it something that helps with immersion? Or are there any other reasons why people would want/not want it?

Iā€™ll be honest, right now most of the ā€˜looksā€™ part of the game is there for looks only. Height comes in to it now and then in descriptions, and in a future scene, in peopleā€™s reactions. Race will come into it a little in the future (not much as it is not the focus of the game), and hair might actually matter a little at one point. Eyesā€¦ not at all, I just like to use it to accentuate the difference between how the MC seens themselves as compared to the puppet.

12 Likes

I, personally, donā€™t really see the need for it beyond giving yourself more scenes to code for cosmetic reasons. I always just imagine my MCā€™s body type much in the same way I might imagine my MC with green eyes with a liā€™l bit of brown circling the pupil. Even if I picked a base ā€˜typeā€™ i.e. green eyes, Iā€™d probably still end up picturing my own interpretation, yā€™know? Does that make any sense? :cold_sweat:

6 Likes

Of course we wish it would come out soon, but quality work takes time. Iā€™d rather have to wait a bit longer for the sake of keeping up the excellent quality seen so far. This is my favorite WiP Iā€™ve read on this site and Iā€™d definitely not want you to rush it. Best of luck and please take the time you need, I am very much looking forward to seeing it.

For me, a lot of details regarding the MCs appearance is not really necessary, I can fill in the blanks fine with my imagination, as long as the text takes care in not being too descriptive in situations where it should make a difference. That said, I do like the added flavor from mentioning it in the text. Those are the kinds of details that would usually be mentioned in books, so including that can give additional flair to descriptions. That of course assumes the author utilities it in such a way, rather than (as Iā€™ve seen some do) just trying to force in variables without regard for how awkward the resulting sentence might sound.

Bottom line, I do enjoy it, even if it just alters a few descriptions occasionally (Iā€™m not sure what more it should do?), but it is absolutely not necessary.

4 Likes

A bit late for it but I made a fanmix for this game. :ā€™) Itā€™s been one of my favorite wips for awhile now.