Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

The doctor’s gender often switches, great game though. Waiting for more of it :slight_smile:

I read it again. I can’t stop! Help me.

I was struck again by how real, and specific the MC feels. Right from the beginning even the descriptions seem to be filtered through her (or his, or their) experience. It really makes me feel like I’m seeing the world through her eyes.

2 Likes

You are super awesome!
Vos sos genial!
Vous êtes merveilleuse!
Você é incrível!
Tu sei stupenda!
Marinrin-chanwa supaa sugoi desu!
:grinning::smile::astonished::heart_eyes::blush:

Keep up the good work!

This game is really something, Am I the only one who digs Ortega’s mustache.

2 Likes

No @Obsidian. You’re not alone. I’m not a mustache fan myself, but my Cynthia inside Yasmin likes it.

1 Like

I don’t really care about grammar mispelling, but at the Rangers HG when you deny having powers twice, Herald says: "If you is a Boost and have lost your power, does he run the risk of doing the same? "

This phrase does not make much sense.

Next page talks about female Yasmin and his place. And then…
“So, if you are not to be angry, what should you be then? Productive perhaps. Meeting Ortega again was a shock, and you have no idea whether you can manage to keep up the mask of who you were if you keep interacting.”

I think you mean “the mask of who you are now”

Also the option: “Myself, because you know I’m heading down the wrong path, but I can’t stop.”
I think you mean: “Myself, because I know I’m heading down the wrong path, but can’t stop”

I don’t really care for mispealings, I love how you write, just keep going. You have a SUPER talent for drama.

1 Like

I think the hero (or villain) reminds me a bit of kylo ren without all the childish tantrums. Wanting to go dark side but still some ties to the light. I guess killing Ortega would be the same for our protagonist as what Kylo did.

Have to say this is a great game. Thumbs up and I’ll definitely buy day 1.

2 Likes
  1. I believe you mean to say that, ‘is’ should be replaced with an, ‘are’. As in, “If you are a Boost”

2. The pronouns are mixed up in a few places. As such, please write out the exact sentence where a pronoun is confused for clarity.

3. Nope, that bit about the, ‘mask of who you were’ is correct. You’re pretending to be your old self with Ortega, not the criminal you’ve become.

1 Like

I think Ortega will take the hardest blow from your debut as a villain, and using your other body to gather information using him.
How much can that sweet guy take before all the things you’re gonna do to him breaks him.

2 Likes

Ortega (m or f) is one of the “survivor” types of people in the world; assuming he/she won’t catch on to your MC’s nefarious doings is a risk in of itself and I don’t think you can do anything not already done (where he/she thought you died prior) that will break them.

3 Likes

Well, the blow they get from MC changing the sides still could be pretty hard to take for them, especially when MC rekindled their friendship and explicitely with their prior “death” in mind…Could be one blow to much even for Ortega to take… I personally expect them to at least not break directly after they figure out that MC is a villain and manipulated them to various degrees, but soonest after they had to take out MC …of course only should they suceed doing so / not die before that.

3 Likes

I get where you are coming from but I get a more of a pre-Civil War Captain America vibe from Ortega. The attitude of: well, this is now reality but I am who I am and the world can deal with it. Another analogous character would be the 1960’s comic Wolverine - sticking to the hero theme.

2 Likes

cough 1970’s cough :smirk_cat:

oh? I could of sworn I first read Wolverine in the stack of a friend’s dad’s comics from the 1960s … but I dunno the date for sure.

It’s impossible to know which strike will be the one to break a person, sometimes one severe thing is enough, sometimes it’s many little blows build up so that only a light touch can be enough and you will only notice in the moment it happens (btw still doesn’t mean that it will be impossible to put oneself together again it just takes time and it …changes one)

In MC’s case I just think that Ortega lost them once and seems to feel somewhat guilty because MC got involved in that case in the first place makes them becoming a villian in a way difficult to stomach that’s special even for all the things Ortega did see in their life. It may will not break them but I would at least expect that it changes them or their perception of the world around them (will probanly also depend on what for secrets MC still has and how that plays into their motivation).

I certainly can see it play out for Ortega in diffferent ways.

5 Likes

We’re still given to understand that we’re going after the system proper.

Problem is, we got broken finding out. As far as I’m concerned, the MC is set on the path of the Well-intentioned extremist. The bad good guy. The end-goal may be fortune or infamy or world domination depending on how we characterize our MC’s, but out major stepping-stone plot point is changing the system that burned us in a way that the story hasn’t revealed yet.

Depending on how things go and how we explain and/or open up to Ortega, I could completely see her trying to persuade us to do it within the system, or if we won’t be dissuaded from our path, either offering to help in a non-diabolical way. I.E. A “You don’t kill people” rule in return for her assistance keeping people off your back as you go about doing things.

Edit: Love and the fear of losing the people you hold dear (Romantic or not, Ortega DOES love us.) has the power to make us do wonderfully compassionate and self-sacrificing things. Keep in mind, these same things can be said to be completely stupid and irrational in the right light.

12 Likes

I just can’t wait for you guys to get to certain points… but now back to writing huge debut fight!

40 Likes

love this game. It’s a little confusing at first but it get better. More please !
P/S : Poor english,sorry

I’m not sure how it’s confusing… Explain? That’s rather vague.

To be fair, I drop you in the middle of the action, without a backstory, in a body that is not your own with no explanation until later. That is pretty confusing. Add in the fact that I switch back and forth in time and bodies, and keeps a lot of things secret from the player, I can see how it would be confusing until you find your feet. Especially if english is not your first language.

SO I am not surprised, I only hope that the confusion lessens as the game goes on.

8 Likes