Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

I am so tempted to write in a mustache variable just for you lot… so tempted.

9 Likes

What’ll take to seal the deal? :smiley_cat:

A good motivation to why this would be a variable in game! Let me know why you want it, and what possible repercussions this could have… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is Julia Ortega’s love?

2 Likes

I love her so much, but if you are asking me to add a mustache she will have issues…

#mustachegate #she’salreadyperfect

6 Likes

Because of kissy-kissy? :kissing_heart: :grin: All those who like non-fuzzy kissing would rejoice, although everyone except me would lose any way. :neutral_face:

On a slightly (slightly!) more serious note - a throw-away line about how MC think he looked better without the moustache and, should things go really well in the relationship department, he’ll surprise us with a clean shave.

This would result in all villains surrendering (except us, should it be that way) and peace of Earth and… Er, maybe not.

Repercussions? Uhm… The villain Moustachio von Monocle would emerge from the fuzzy shadows, seeking vengeance, leading to a new chapter in the life of The One Previously Known As Sidestep? :confused:

Or people would no longer recognise him, a la Superman wearing glasses? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have no idea what kind of repercussions it would have… :sweat_smile: Anyone? :worried:

6 Likes

I honestly just want Ortega to have a mustache and then shave it off for this specific purpose. I personally don’t like guys with mustaches and can only stand them if

a.) He really likes it
and
b.) It’s well kept. (Wild haired Vikings can be hot but not for me).

But I think its sweet when someone is willing to change a small aspect of themselves to accommodate a loved one. I can’t see how my quiet little MC would just randomly bring it up in conversation but I can see Ortega noticing her quiet disdain for his facial hair or maybe overhearing her complain to Steel (after they become friends) about how much she just hates his mustache.

I can’t think of repercussions since it’s not like he wears a mask or anything or like he particularly needs to kep his appearance a certain way does he?

As for female Ortega maybe instead of a mustache she wears too much makeup or bright lipstick that always smudges on the MC whenever she hugs them/kisses them on the cheek?

3 Likes

Ah yes, similar to when he picks up on you being jealous when he mentions his friend. Much better idea than mine. :grinning:

4 Likes

Can we get the option to bring a razor to the museum fight and forcibly shave off Ortega’s moustache after defeating him and throw it in the sewer or something? :grinning:

3 Likes

And thus began the myth of sewer dwelling moustaches, crawling up into your sink to leap onto your upper lip… :fearful:

3 Likes

label it caterpillar , please and thank you.

2 Likes

First off, I love this story. Its so well written and i can really get into being my MC. You have done an excellent job of bring them to life. And because of this my MC has issues, like the fact she really wants to get into Steel’s pants and has wanted to for years. (she would never admit to it though) so I was wondering if Steel is a RO? Sorry if this has already been asked.

1 Like

Not in the first book. The only romances in the first book are Ortega and Dr Mortun.

@malinryden said Steel will be a RO in the future.

2 Likes

Maybe a more active attempt at not being a walking static cling generator? I can’t NOT picture male!Ortega without a Vinny Santorini-esque mustache that’s constantly getting messed up.

@malinryden maybe the moustache is symbolic of something :)) though I can see him shaving it off generally because of an injury during the fight scene and needing stitches --> maybe fem!Ortega cuts her hair or some other narrative defining moment

@Kattz , I feel you though. Imo the only acceptable man with a moustache imo is Oscar Isaac (but I really prefer him clean shaven though like JUST LOOK AT HIM) who is also my headcanon fc for Ortega :))

I do like the idea of him shaving it because MC suggested it and it’s his way of lowkey telling MC “I am into you please notice my feelings because I have been harbouring them for a very long time”

4 Likes

They could be out there right now, taking over your loved ones and swearing vengeance on the one who shaved their father off of Ortega’s face… :upside_down:

What about baby face caterpillars that think MC is their mother? I think we need to seriously consider the consequences of throwing moustaches in sewers.

1 Like

2 Likes

That is a very good point. I feel bad about forgetting my fave GoT character (probs because of how awful the Dorne arc was – and all related peeps from Dorne like GIVE ME ARIANNE SHOW DIRECTORS WHY) but oh well.

On topic of Ortega though, I’m still speculating how likely we’ll get a kiss scene from them sometime in the latter parts of this book :)) (LIKE PLEASE @malinryden)

3 Likes

I still refuse to watch Oberyn death scene so I can pretend this is reality :sob:

I feel you. They even kinda mention her when Tyrion is doing the betrothal business with Myrcella.

I have a feeling it’s going to be one of those near kisses that gets interrupted. Probably from that cunt Herald. I hate that guy.

7 Likes

I’m hoping for an actual kiss but is like a farewell thing for bittersweet feelings. Just so Ortega knows MC loves them but may not be able to stay by their side (I mean be a “hero”)

(Also added drama points like “was that kiss a lie”)

3 Likes