Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

It is o.k. I am the only one that wants Ortega to fall in love with both my MC and my doll - to make sure he is twisted around both of my fingers and so deeply involved with both that he is overwhelmed by guilt for loving two “different” people and being totally evil to him.

8 Likes

You are wicked, vile and despicable.

Will you marry me?

7 Likes

There’s at least two of us.

4 Likes

I also think @malinryden’s internal tester is on board too (if I remember a statement or two correctly) - so hopefully all the Ortega lovers will be forced to respect us :wink:

There is only one way to settle this. Poll fight!

Which ship are you on?

• No ship
  • MC - Ortega
  • Puppet - Ortega
  • Puppet - Mortum
  • MC - Ortega AND Puppet - Ortega
  • MC - Ortega AND Puppet - Mortum
  • Puppet - Ortega AND Puppet - Mortum
  • MC - Ortega AND Puppet - Ortega AND Puppet - Mortum
  • MC - Argent
  • MC - Steel
  • Another option

0 voters

4 Likes

I decidedly play a tragedy with my Ortega-obsessed MC and I gleefully wait to see how it all ends in ruins and flames :imp:

I wait for Ortega to choose the poor doll over MC (because it is much easier to get close to my MC’s doll instead of them, let’s be real here), just so my MC can get a jealous fit against themself and do something unreasonable that probably will hurt Ortega more than the beat down.

Honestly, the best I expect for that romance is a bittersweet ending, in case that both MC (one way or another) and Ortega even survive…

5 Likes

So, with parents visiting this weekend I have had a hard time getting in the grove to work on new content. So I went back and rewrote the first Ortega meeting at the cafe since it needed updating, and some minor scene changes in other chapters. I also added a thing so you can choose what you use as an expletive since I can’t go full swearing (you can write in your own too and be as foul as you want), and what your vice of choice is (tobacco, alcohol, caffeine or sugar.

The swearing thing is added just because I still can’t get over the use of ‘slugger’ in a certain super hero triology.

27 Likes

I once found myself using that one day.

3 Likes

So I finally replayed this, and I’ve got to say that the museum heist was just spectacular. It was visceral and satisfying as someone who’s gone full villain like my MC, the perfect payoff to what had been building up through the previous sections. Reading this thread, there’s a lot of love for Ortega, but the other side of that relationship, the resentment, the loathing, and hell, the lies are written just as well.

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes next.

5 Likes

Same. Except I didn’t do it under my breath, I said this to a real live person whom I didn’t know all that well and they gave me a wtf look. It got kinda awkward and I didn’t really have an explanation for my sudden change in vocabulary so at that moment I knew that I had to take a break from CoG for a little while.

But I’m back now and I love what I’m seeing!

And have a happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it from wherever you live or just a great weekend if you don’t @malinryden!

3 Likes

Like I said before, my main mc is hopelessly in love with Ortega, so i’m always on the Ortega fleet.

However I just know that either way i’m going to at least try for every possible romantic path- So all the ships, all at once.

3 Likes

Welcome to the fleet .

2 Likes

One you’ve recognized the look in her eyes, you curse yourself for not spotting it sooner.

once

also, I didn’t find any choice for my addiction or saw any change in the Ortega scene, is the update released?

Nott yet! Will be in the big update.

4 Likes

ok, thanks for the clarification!

I love the WIP, but all this talk about shipping and love makes me wonder- would my MC be missing out on a great deal of content if I choose not to romance anyone? I’m not really into romance and dating. :slight_smile: Friend dates?

I always play romance routes (unless they are just plain terrible) so I can’t be 100% sure when I tell you this but I doubt it. This story is very well written and although I think that the romantic subplot adds a whole new level of flavor to it, it’s just that, a subplot. So if you choose not to romance anyone I guess you would be missing a good portion of subplot but as for the story overall you should survive without it.

My goal is that the friendship/rivalry routes should be equally fulfilling. I do need to go back and fill things out, but I want friendship/asexual routes to also be fun.

16 Likes

It would be fun to destroy the rangers base and send the streets into just anarchy by just removing all forms of law and allowing the villains to run wild wait a minute I feel like I heard that plan before

All the more reason for additional play-sessions. This is no one-and-done read… nope :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes