Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

[whines] I just want to tell her now! It breaks my heart that she only kept her feelings quiet out of fear of coming out :disappointed:

Well what excuse does my male Ortega have (female MC), or the opposite?

Donā€™t know, I never play hetero :stuck_out_tongue: Did he mention anything?

All I remember playing is that Ortega seems very insistent on the term ā€œfriendā€ when referring to MC and Argent loves calling him out on it :))

Also. Does anyone remember how to leave a mental trap for Argent? Iā€™m having trouble accessing that option

2 Likes

Iā€™m just sayingā€¦ Itā€™s obviously not the only reason that lesbian Ortega wouldnā€™t date your MC.

Yep, thinking I was dead was a big one too :wink: I honestly have no idea why Iā€™m so set on my character ending up with Ortega, sheā€™s not even my type lol

1 Like

You need to select the gentle option when you ā€œhelpā€ her with their Locus problem. Itā€™s the only way her mind trusts you enough to set it.

2 Likes

Its the ā€œYou canā€™t have herā€ syndrome

1 Like

The reasons MC never dated Ortega: MC doesnā€™t share their feelings wellā€¦ or at all really, MC needs to see a therapist for their multiple crippling disorders, MC died, MC knew that Ortega flirts with lots of people, Ortega is a huge flirt, Ortega is a closet bisexual.

You also need a high ā€œSubtle Manipulationsā€ā€¦ I think 70.

AKA falling for your straight best friend syndrome.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know about that, usually if thatā€™s the case she is at least my type, then begins the emotional meltdown and inevitable broken heart lol

Well @malinryden writes very compelling characters. I still think its the syndrome but we may have to see only after @malinryden writes up the "before Fallen hero prequel story - where we actually can be a young fit Sidestep with washboard tummy.

I donā€™t want to get one of those rolly-polly tummies later in life ><

2 Likes

Ortega had 500 significant others, but his bisexuality was still somehow a point of contention :frowning:?

1 Like

I think Iā€™m so set on my character ending up with Ortega because:

1. I think that he is one of the most well written romance characters (esp. since that argument scene in the park)

2. He has so far been the only person to actively care about your well being (though that may be more of the MCā€™s fault since they donā€™t really socialize)

3. I think his mother was mentioned sometime in the game and Iā€™m kinda curious about meeting her. Does she has an already established relationship the the MC? (i.e. does she hate the MC? does she like them because her child clearly does?)

4. With Steel going to be a potential romance character, I want to see some jealousy scenes even if itā€™s just him (and/or Ortega) becoming your friend instead of your boyfriend. Like:

Ortega: ā€œIā€™ve been trying to hang out with you for forever and you are hanging out with the guy that you used hate and literally couldnā€™t stand being around?ā€

MC: ā€œWell yeah we had or differences and he was kind of an ass, but I mainly didnā€™t like being around him because the armor he always wore gave me a major headache. I didnā€™t actually hate him or anything, I just didnā€™t care about him as a person? ā€¦But yeah heā€™s pretty cool I guess.ā€

Steel: ā€œThanks.ā€

17 Likes

Itā€™s mentioned that the PC used to be a welcome guest at Ortegaā€™s motherā€™s home before the whole heartbreak incident. For obvious reasons they havenā€™t been in contact since.

4 Likes

Ortega: [expression of dawning horror as she realizes why the MC passes out every time the Meat Puppet wakes up, and vice versa]

4 Likes

Call me a downer, but I donā€™t see a happy ending, especially an easy one, for the MC and Ortegaā€™s relationship. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if said character gets killed off, which would be deliciously cruel to the reader, but in line with the downward spiral of the MC. There are a great amount of obstacles that would affect the relationship and long term outcome including the MCā€™s traumatic past, the psychological trauma for both parties due to the ā€œHeartbreakā€ incident, the betrayal that would arise upon learning about the MCā€™s turn to villainy and abuse of their powers, the loss of trust if the characters ever learn how the MC mightā€™ve manipulated them, and Ortegaā€™s extensive surgical modifications, which in combo with the nanovores, might lead to a tragic accident.

Ortega has grown on me since my initial playthrough, though. But I think there are still some ulterior motives we have not learned yet about Ortegaā€™s reappearance in the dollā€™s and the MCā€™s lives.

After the crashing and burning, itā€™ll be interesting to see whatā€™s left intact,if anything, among the wreckage of peopleā€™s emotional bonds.

4 Likes

Another reason why Iā€™m rooting for Ortega.

3 Likes

Literally same, my puppet kissed Ortega so I started the game over and made the frenchie take me instead. I just canā€™t become my own love triangle AND his arch enemy all in one shot.

Ortega acts the same with both genders, donā€™t they? I play hetero and remember him being pretty insistent on that in the argument at the park .

Shh donā€™t give Malin any ideas ,pleaseā€¦

Btw does anyone have any idea what exactly transpired during the mass suicide at the hands of the telepath at the beginning?

3 Likes

What? I meant for other peopleā€™s MCā€™s. I definitely donā€™t care that heā€™s bisexual. My MC is a female, my puppet is a male, my Ortega is a male, and my doc is a womanā€¦

Youā€™re a downer mate :smirk:

1 Like

None that I can think of at the moment. But thatā€™s more because Iā€™m very distracted by the idea of Ortega returning MCā€™s feelings but also cannot go where MC is going so //clutches heart

Literally. Dating Catwoman trope until the last book where hopefully they can HAPPILY be together (alive and safe please)

5 Likes