Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Oh trust me, you do NOT want to mess with Lady Argent…

6 Likes

I have played her mind like a 50-cent kazoo every time we’ve crossed swords. I think I’ve messed with her plenty. Still hoping to bring her over to the dark side though.

4 Likes

Another thing: I have, by intention, kept the world building to a minimum. Why? Because I know myself. The more I write, the more it will develop, I will change things, come up with cooler stuff and so on.

Astute readers from waaaaay back might remember things being different.

I will lock down the finalized version and add more exposition once I edit the bloody thing, as it is, I just reveal what is needed. The core is the same, some of the trappings changes.

11 Likes

The joy of being an author is that you can re-shape reality at your whim. Well a certain reality at any rate.

1 Like

No need to apologize of course!
but yeah I’m happy too about learning more about the worldbuilding I’m alway interested in that. I’m the kind of person who wonder how magic affect the economy or the developpement of medecine in fantasy world, I’m kinda weird like that .:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

we really do enjoy your story-telling and are very happy to be a part of helping you get this story completed.

Keep going and Fallen Hero will be a classic… mark my words :slight_smile:

I’m sure a bunch of us would help test or do whatever needed to help you in the future.[quote=“silent15, post:1220, topic:16217”]
The joy of being an author is that you can re-shape reality at your whim. Well a certain reality at any rate.
[/quote]

Until it is published - unless you gasp - retcon! lol.

2 Likes

I do have the start of a prequel… Ortega centric. Might use some of it in flashbacks in future books.

21 Likes

That is awesome. The relationship between Ortega and “Sidestep” seems a decades long story to tell too.

6 Likes

Count me in on that beta test, whenever that may be!

@Laurence_David, thanks, as you can see my insecurities come out at inappropriate times on social media, but I should know by now that there’s no shame in getting enthusiastic about things you’re into/passionate about.

2 Likes

You had me at Ortega. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Now I’m intrigued. So that’s gonna be flashbacks from Ortega’s perspective in the sequels, or its own game based on the first Fallen Hero? Or is it too early to tell/spoiling to much?

If I’m asking too much, I apologize.

2 Likes

Same. I’m a sucker for Ortega and I scream every time character hurts/thinks about hurting him in the game. I had a freaking dream about him being the father of my MC’s child for crying out loud! (Though it was more focused on Steel and my MC becoming friends and trying to protect her son but whatever).

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever liked a CoG Romance Character this much before. Great work @malinryden

6 Likes

As a telepath you can switch from body to body, I kinda forgot does it require physical contact? Or you can “wirelessly” switch back and forth from the MC and the puppet. I imagine it being fun two timing Ortega and Dr. Mortum but It may be too risky and switching back and forth may strain your mind.

1 Like

Don’t forget your body’s physical reaction - such as barfing and the headaches and such.

2 Likes

Hahaha true what excuse might you give when you suddenly start barfing and having head aches infront of the other characters plus Ortega may get suspicious if you lied about not having powers anymore since those are signs of telepathic overuse.

2 Likes

Not to mention the fact that you can’t be in two bodies at the same time…

“Stop looking at the unconscious body in the room guiiiss”

5 Likes

What would Ortega do if he finds your Unconscious body lying on a bed while your away in your puppet doing errands?

My mind is corrupted forgive me.

1 Like

That’s nasty…

I think he’d probably get really concerned and then the counter for “Ortega’s suspicions that MC is the new villain” would go up.

In my sessions Ortega is a he and my doll is a she… so my question is: what are they doing in the same hospital room at the same time anyways? :wink:

2 Likes

Visiting the person they went on a date with and feeling bad about the “civilian” that got harmed because he’s a superhero. Morals or something. Because my Ortega and puppet are both male. Doubtful that even they would share a room. Superheroes probably get special rooms.

4 Likes