Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Wait… you can fight Ortega?!

An argument is technically a fight, so yes.

There is Samurai of Huyga, where you also step into already existing character, but still shape him a little. IMHO, it feels pretty much as this WIP in terms of ‘atmosphere’ and feel.

1 Like

FemOrtega is hot. And she’s good for my male PC, he’s smitten by her even if he won’t admit it. :slight_smile:

Phew, I thought there was actual fight, even little one, that I’ve missed because my PC is totally smitten by Ortega and tried everything to stay on her good side, short of shedding his anonymity.

1 Like

I firmly and plainly have to insist you keep that option. It is GREAT option for my villain: I’ve kept him skimming, he lives in practically poverty, he’s staying low, in kinda shitty apartments and he’s 30year bitter man. This is his chance, keeping the anonymity he loves and craves, still finally get some freaking money and live better than hobo! This is also good option for someone who doesnt’t want to antagonize someone much and keep destruction to minimum: just practical and smart option of getting shitload of money and also putting his point across.

I really liked the description of the imposing armor, making my character some kind of conqueror, that is what I wanted.
I think I shall choose something related to rulers to be his new alias, like Sovreign or Kaiser.

1 Like

What about Khan?

Personally I enjoy the mysterious armor.

1 Like

Functional’s where it’s at. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, but what kind of name would be under the Functional “brand”?

Armor?

That is a good name too.
I liked the imposing armor because that is what I wanted my armor to be. I like to imagine the helmet has a crown on it, like the Lich King Helmet (http://i.imgur.com/oe4Nmh.jpg) and the cloak is like those steryopitcal red cloaks that kings use in cartoons (https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5249732/il_fullxfull.91410381.jpg).

1 Like

When I think of famous rulers, the first four that pop into my head are:

1. Charlemagne
  2. Genghis Khan
  3. Julius Caesar
  4. Alexander the Conqueror

Those would probably work as well, to some degree.

Noticed some weird repetition when chosing “Try for my best Argent impersonation.”:

followed after chosing the first option by:

I’m so glad that you are still working on this game. I remember it to be one of the first WIPs I played on the forum, and it immediatly became a favorite of mine.
As weird as it sounds I just really enjoy playing a MC that’s so obviously broken and desperate and (depening on choices), yes also spiteful…though I only while replaying started to see how satisfying it can be to add another kick against MC’s enemies (why didn’t I chose that option earlier?).

Interestingly there seem to be only a few that choose to flirt with Ortega, while being their doll. I think it makes perfectly sense that MC would take the chance to express their attraction to Ortega, even when it’s in some way lying.
But the point is that MC obviously seems to be not comfortable in their own skin. And they anyway cannot be really honest with them, because of their plans.
So flirting with Ortage in the body of the doll is a way to live out the feelings they can’t live out while being in their own body (especially when MC anyway has some trust issues). It’s living life without really having to risk much and in case things go wrong, well, it is not the MC who was it, not really at least, so no need for guilt (even when we know that this is actually a lie).

Well that is as long Ortega doesn’t recognize the MC. Could he recognize MC while they are their doll? Or at least feel reminded at them? …Could be hurtful for MC if not, especially when their relationship is pretty close.

…Ortega flirting with the doll could be hurtful for MC anyway, especially if they have very different looks. Making it seem as if MC is not Ortega’s type, you know?

My drama loving mind becomes giddy from just thinking about that…^^

And I like the new third option. More fitting, considering how huge of an issue self-hatred and being haunted by the past is for the MC.

8 Likes

Well, my armor is mysterious but still functional. If I’m not mistaken, you can be pretty practical and still go for mysterious because it offers you nice anonymity option.

1 Like

I don’t care either way as long as I have my cape…

I never thought I would ever write something like “as long as I have my cape”. Oh, how the proud ones can fall.

1 Like

CAPE4LYFE
I can’t believe I just wrote that

2 Likes

Don’t diss the cape! It’s stylish, and easily removable so we won’t get
some stupid accident like in Incredibles.

Like I said, I like my cape…I just didn’t expect to like it.

3 Likes

It’s coming to the point where Dr. Mortum and Edna Mode are going to have to fight it out on the capes thing

4 Likes

As unrealistic as it is, I REALLY wish there was an Edna Mode-like cameo in the game. :smiley:

And honestly, functional armor I think I’d find the most terrifying. Someone who deliberately evokes a mysterious/terrifying presence is scary in their own right, but with the functional armor you’re staring at a blank slate. The difference would kinda be like a medieval knight and a Navy Seal, for comparison.

Fixed the weirdness and spelling at the start! Thank you people for showing me those, I always planned to go back and rewrite the beginning a bit, but no need for them to be there in the meantime.

@Gapaot - Thank you so much for your comment, they highlight exactly what I am trying to achieve in the game.Stats is all fine and well, but I am trying to use this system to track people and motivations and see if I can’t tailor this thing around the way someone’s PC behaves rather than their physical stats. The PC is all about headgames after all, and eventually things will come back to haunt them. As for publishing, I have no idea. It all depends on whether real life and works remain calm and tranquil as they are right now, or whether there will be another pile of curveballs like last year. An even bigger issue is when to stop. This is based on a book I had half written, and I would guess that this would probably be a triology in length. But there are a few places where I an interrupt for book one, I just don’t know exactly where yet. Also, have a look at the new choices and see if they suit your character? If nothing else I might possibly put that back. It’s a bit of work but…

@Sammysam . Thanks for pointing that out! It is fixed now. As for your comment about Ortega and the doll… I do keep track of the character’s suspicions depending on your actions. In fact, what you describe about your MC is very very close to the original path in my book, as for how things turn out… mwahahaha this time that will be in your hands.

Also, I like that everyone seems to have gone for a different version of the armor! That pleases me. Got tonight planned for some more writing, so… evil plans will be afoot. Explosions? Fistfights? Villain speeches? Paparazzi? … dates?

3 Likes