Fallen Hero - Update 18 December 2016

Out of curiosity, if I choose to take Ortega to the museum will there be another chance to take the good doctor up on that dinner date?

I know I know, spoilers. But I still gotta try.

@Zsero - I am so glad! I was really scratching my head to try to figure out what was wrong.

@Cecilia_Rosewood - Ahaha looking at the code and reveal all the secrets. Thank you so much for that compliment! But I cannot help but wonder how it will feel to face Ortega in battle thenā€¦:no_mouth:

@NotGoingToGiveUp - I am glad to see there is at least one more evil player out there. One of my irl playtesters keep poking me for more opportunities to be nasty.

@RedRoses - The interesting bit is that sometimes you have to hurt the people you love for a good causeā€¦ or do you? :worried:

@Zoilus - The problem is that Ortega is a superhero thoā€¦ they are hard to keep down.

@SeventhJackel - I have no romance blocks in this game. There are no paths you can take that will make it impossible to continue later on. So yes, while this particular date opportunity is lost, there will be other options.

5 Likes

It was the same with my MC. Sheā€™s usually ok to let the puppet ā€œbeā€ a different person but itā€™s so hard around Ortega, the only one who sheā€™s ever been herself (or as close as possible) around.

And as she said, ā€œthe puppet isnā€™t the one she want Ortega to smile like that atā€.

10 Likes

If Ortega becomes too big a problem, couldnā€™t we just invite her over then when she arrives, pretend that weā€™re possessed (they already know their enemy has possession powers) and put a gun to our own head, and tell her to back off or weā€™ll start killing friends?
Sheā€™d still try to stop us, sure, but sheā€™d be a lot more reluctant to pose open opposition. It would also take attention off of us; after all, who would threaten to kill themselves? It would also make the heroes think our possession powers are stronger than they actually are, making them paranoid. Every time they forget to turn off the stove, or leave a fridge open, theyā€™ll wonder ā€œHave I just been possessed! Send the base under red alert!ā€

16 Likes

To be honest, this reminds me of Blazing Saddles.

I love it.

Itā€™d also be a perfect chance for our MC to be reminded how much Ortega cares and to feel even worse about it :blush:

1 Like

:zipper_mouth:

I love seeing you guys plan.

2 Likes

I think I found my true calling

Not gonna lie, @malinryden, I kinda started cackling when I realized you included what Iā€™m assuming is going to be the start of the great mustacheā€™s fate in this last update. Good, good, shave it off Ortega. Let me touch your bare upper lips - uh. I mean, good stuff! I canā€™t wait for more~ /whistles innocently/ :kissing_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Ortegaā€™s mustasch was a thing even in the book version, now itā€™s turned into a subplot.

11 Likes

The Return of the Fuzzy Thing on the Upper Lip, now playing in a game near you (see link in first post). :open_mouth:

Will it conquer the world :scream: or will is succumb to the power of smooth kisses? :grinning:

Stay tuned and find out! :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been lurking around these forums for quite a while now without saying much myself, but I just want to tell you how much I love fallen hero.
Iā€™ve been looking for a proper villain game for so long but I can never find one, youā€™re always something like an anti-hero or something rather than a full blown villain.
I know I for one would be willing to pay for the finished product, and I just want to encourage you to see this through.
Thanks

1 Like

I find this story so cool that you are the same person and talk as two different people. I love how the character can grow and chose sides itā€™s so much fun

1 Like

Iā€™ve read the last three versions of this game, and I have to say I love it more each time. I love the contrast between Cynthia, Sidestep, and Yasminā€¦

ā€¦and theyā€™re all the same person!

Iā€™m a sucker for a tragic back story, and I canā€™t wait to see who Cynthia becomes when she finally letā€™s loose.

2 Likes

Hmā€¦Seeing how many people choosing to have a doll with the same gender as their MC, is there anybody elso who choose to take a doll of a different gender as the MC, too?

I thought it would be better to distract from MC as the one behind it all, so the more different the doll is in comparison to MC, the more difficult it will be to see the connection.

6 Likes

This gameā€™s really good so far - Iā€™m especially curious as to finding out more about the MCā€™s childhood and the entire Heartbreak fiasco (as Ortega puts it). Speaking of them, the dynamics between Ortega and the MC are just fantastic - I keep replaying the argument scene in the park just because of how well you convey both their emotions and their attitudes to each other and everything.

And naturally I canā€™t find it in myself to make the puppet flirt with Ortega - I know youā€™ve said thereā€™s no romance blocks (does that mean that poly will potentially be an option or will the romances not progress that far in this game?) but damn, it just feelsā€¦ wrong. Which is to say, amazing writing, Iā€™m seriously looking forward to the rest of this game.

Edit: I was just finishing off another playthrough (like Iā€™ve mentioned, I really like this game) and this might sound odd but I noticed something storywise - the Shasta earthquake have anything to do with the MCā€™s plan (quake was 2 years ago, also mentioned that was when their plan started) or is that just a coincidence?

6 Likes

Yeah my puppet is opposite gender then my mc. In addition to the reason you mentioned I felt it was appropriate for my self loathing mc to find someone as different as possible.

I particularly appreciated the line about whether I should be questioning my masculinity, when I was flirting with the doctor as a woman.

5 Likes

I chose to make my doll female even though my mc was male; I played as a male because I felt like that fit with the character more, and female for the doll because I felt like being female would give one a certain tactical advantage.

2 Likes

Iā€™m nonbinary so my puppet is not allowed to have the same gender as me :pensive:

2 Likes

I also chose to make my puppet the opposite gender of my MC. I had a female MC and male puppet. Mostly I went with it because that was what I originally had in the old thread for this, though Iā€™m pretty sure my reasoning was the same as yours. I also imagine my MC having a mentality of ā€œit feels good to not be me,ā€ so having a puppet thatā€™s so different from her just adds to that.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait for that fight between Iron Cyrus and The Rangers. Iā€™ve got a fight scene playing in my head, and itā€™s just awesome. Itā€™s almost on the same level of epic-ness as this one:

When you finally release the official version, Iā€™ll get to see on what sort of level it will crush my mental representation.

5 Likes