Fallen Hero: Retribution release thread! (Book Two) (Spoilers Inside!)

Or maybe if we open all of the gates, we’re not Sidestep (or Heartbreak, or the Puppet, or Anathema) anymore, and all of FHverse was a dream. Maybe that fifth slice of pizza was a bad idea…?

I love pizza, don’t get me wrong. But five slices in one sitting just seems…excessive.

If I eat that much in one sitting, then what is breakfast tomorrow?

I usually eat that or yogurt or oatmeal anyway. I just like pizza for breakfast as a treat.

6 Likes

Just like that…you offended all Pizza Lovers everywhere :rofl:

4 Likes

You are weak snow, you lack gluttony. If you can’t eat an entire pizza on your own, do you even like pizza?

A cup of tea/coffee/milk and some cookies or toast. You know, the same kind of breakfast most people have.

7 Likes

Of all the possible routes, I think this is the one I’m least interested in. Partly because I like the Rangers and partly because not killing them could come in handy. They would be powerful allies to have, so I think it would be interesting to put some doubts in their heads and see if I could convince them to help my MC or even bring them to the darker side.

3 Likes

The second Pizza of course.

5 Likes

My preferred is always a not-actually-evil sidestep. A villain by every measure of the word, but not evil. Also, gotta go mob boss because the crew is just awesome to have.

4 Likes

Even better if they know your identity. I love to see their comments on Step’s base and furniture, especially if it’s the ruins/old water plant.

3 Likes

Hi @malinryden, sorry to bother when you’re busy working with Revelations, but wanted to ask two questions related to couple of playthroughs in Retribution

1. It was mentioned that not being able to choose the anarchist path “kill the people in power” as a sneakykill Sidestep (who did not kill in Rebirth) was an oversight so wondered whether that will be changed at some point or remain the same?

2. In one playthrough had Villain and Argent flirting, but post car crash possession confrontation did not go well and Argent blinded Sidestep from one eye, but on the relationship page it’s mentioned following:

Lady Argent
Alex’s Relationship with Lady Argent: Hostile.
Lady Argent knows that Alex is Sidestep. They are openly flirting.

I’ve been wondering if the “they are openly flirting” part is a bug or nah. Like is the flirting still supposed to be on? Is it?

2 Likes

Hi! I know someone already told me before but I forgot the answer lol sorry ><’

How do I make Argent take mcs eye?

Ah, nvm I was looking through the achievements and there’s actually an achievement for it with steps lol ><‘’
Another question tho!

How do i leave a trap in Argents mind during rebirth?

3 Likes

You have to tell Ortega that you still have your powers. Then pick the “I try to stay aloft, keeping a light touch as I repaint her memories” option when entering her mind. However, for it to work your MC has to either:

• have > 60 subtle manipulations

or

• < 20 ruthlessness while their relationship with Argent is > 30

After that, you just need to pick the “I’ll make some preparations for the next time I have to fight her” option.

3 Likes

Oh! thank you! I thought it was at the start when you first take over her mind you’re supposed to do it lol ><

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO obviously i played this years ago, but i’ve returned and played it again two times the last two days and aigncp,enpnpscgnperunpvminaprignpecraiunmp,iw,ptdindpfz;jg;zdfvN:Skfnepauhmgpcsar,s[cjmaperohmpfwen[rfimjgpurmvnfmd[oijvmgpsmjer[omgpievmf[am,d[esoimcgpmnd,[cm[woijmv[fodimja[wimcjg[mi,j[IJS[GOSMVZOICMFNA[IVM[F,N

redid my ortega romance, but the real highlight was the argent romance, which was my first time doing it. my god. angie. ximena. i’ve changed my profile pic in her honour. can anyone invite me to the fallen hero discord?

she really came in like a fucking wrecking ball. depending on how things go, she might become my favourite from book 3 onwards. she really came out of nowhere with her… everything. everything.

The revelation of her nanovore stuff is perfect. In a way, she’s like us/MC. It’s the perfect thing to bond over. I wonder how much she sees and feels, when looking at us, since we’re a Re-Gene/machine?

lady argent and terror (i played a terrifying killer villain, and only stopped killing people because she threatened me lol). what a lesbian power couple. <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

I have to say, i’m normally a medieval fantasy slut, very rarely delving into anything that feels too sci-fi/cyberpunky/etc, and superheroes and villains aren’t one of my fav genres either. but fallen hero has managed to do them both for me. maybe it’s the character depth, the excellent conveyance of feelings, maybe it’s the masterfully organic and complex relationship dynamics… i just, yeah. wow. one of my two favourite CYOAs/IFs (don’t know which term to use) ever. if anyone has any good argent/female!mc fanfics to recommend, PLEASE DO. also, if anyone wants to co-write any argent or ortega fanfics, PLEASE WRITE ME.

another question, re the mc and puppet at the end: how does one achieve being able to switch between puppet and sidestep and vice versa in the last chapter? i’ve only ever achieved being stuck in one of them.

3 Likes

Depends on how you treat the puppet. If you treat them only as a tool (for example, you call them ‘puppet’ instead using a name), during an accident you can leave puppet’s body.

There is also the mirror scene… Continuing the route above - If you choose puppet name then you will jump to the original body. I hope I remembered well, this scene always confused me.

6 Likes

I love that scene so much. It’s such an interesting mix of depersonalization, self-hatred, and dissociation.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, which gender did you pick for your MC in the first book? (asking because I have the impression that I’ve seen people using ‘he’ when referring to their Step more often, so I was curious to see if it is really the case)

• Male
  • Female
  • Non-binary
0 voters

And for your puppet?

• Male
  • Female
0 voters

What about the other characters?

In your main playthrough Ortega is…

• A man
  • A woman
0 voters

And Dr. Mortum is…

• A man
  • A woman
0 voters
2 Likes

For me, pretty much everyone is female except for Ortega because I can’t help but imagine him as Henry Ian Cusick and it just fits perfectly for me

3 Likes

It’s ladies’ night in Los Diablos and I’m handing out the invites

7 Likes

Nice, where are we going? One round of drinks is on meeeee. Let’s go crash Hollow Ground’s place or something

2 Likes

Julia and Ric a draw for now. Who will win???

1 Like

Honestly I’m kind of surprised?? For some reason I thought Julia would have been winning by now lol

1 Like